V/A - We Love Trance

Lemmiwinks

Posted Image

1. MASSIVE VS 220V - Ibiza Osaka (Cycle Sphere Rmx)

2. XSI - Once Again

3. 1200 MICROGRAMS Klingon (Massive Rmx)

4. SHANTI - Electronic Sympathies

5. KROMEANGELS - Kriskros Rhythms (Deedrah 2010 Rmx)

6. BAMBOO FOREST VS MASSIVE - A Life

7. MASSIVE - Not An Angel (Cpu Remake)

8. DISTRICT 42 - Opalized

9. CREACTIVE - Low Crossing

Phantasm records is yet another one of those labels who were in the goa scene from day 1 and decided to use the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" formula. So no, do not expect any oldschool revival movement here, this is 100% pure commercial modern full-on ;) Anyway, I bought it cause I wanted to have a feeling of the scene these days and well, I couldn't really say that anything has changed in the last few years IMO.

Ibiza Osaka is a full-on remix of Sander Kleinenberg - This Is Not Miami and a bad remix at that...

XSI up next with yet another remix of Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation... ok guys like how many full-on remixes of that track do we need??

A remix of 1200 Mics - Klingon up next which is one of the best tracks on this comp IMO except that I don't really hear the remix in here, it's like 95% the original track, which is not really a bad thing since I really like the original ;)

Shanti is back (not that many people missed him I guess...) with a nice tune but nothing really groundbreaking

Krome Angels up next with yet some more generic full-on... I won't even begin to mention how dissapointed I am by this one considering that Deedrah and Dino Psaras were involved.

Bamboo Forest up next with one of the more original tracks here, it has a bit of a dark atmosphere, not bad at all :)

Massive up next with a remix by CPU, which also joined the generic full-on badwagon apparently, this one sounds like a crossover between full-on and Beni Benassi... ok, I guess that in the morning hours at a party when you're completely stoked this could have its merrit nonetheless, otherwise I'd give it a pass.

District 42 up next with one of the better tracks on this comp, I guite enjoy this one

And the closer by Creactive, a fresh artist in the scene trying out some new ideas although the end result is good, but not great. Still, I'd like to check out some more of his stuff.

Conclusion full-on as generic as it gets... OK, depending on the circumstances you listen to it, it might make you nod your head every now and then but otherwise nothing really worthwhile here. 2/5

OK, depending on the circumstances you listen to it, it might make you nod your head every now and then but otherwise nothing really worthwhile here. 2/5

You know what else does that? Sleep. And that's free!

I liked your review. I knew to stay away from this one. Glad my hunch was correct.

Mdk

You can drive a wedge into the Phantasm Records catalogue between Parabola (2001) and Eskimo's debut album (2003). They had some ground-breaking stuff before that point (Double Dragon and Orion) and almost nothing but commercial full-on cheese since then (Cosmosis - Psychedelia Melodica is an exception). In fairness, their "classic" mid-1990s releases also exhibited a populist streak... so really, not so much has changed.