Microsoft just sometimes sucks

Dark_Puppy

Had to completely re install XP yesterday after spending about 4 hours trying to figure why the hell it completely dropped sound. I know on board audio often sucks, and read that it can drain a little of system resources, but ever since last year I've been doing just fine with it and then in the last couple days it's either worked or not... depending on a reboot, then yesterday it just failed altogether. I had an extra 7.1 Diamond sound card handy and popped it in there, Windows recognized the software drivers and said ok but still refused to acknowledge that I had a sound card that I could USE!! So in essence, had two soundcards (on board and PCI-E) hooked up both said working fine but Sound and Audio properties reported NO SOUND CARD! I spent hour researching websites, installing reinstalling messing with the registry, downloading different drivers.. nothing worked. So just had to reinstall windows.

I remember back in the Windows 95 days Microsoft had a problem with keeping things smooth. Internet Explorer would eventually crash after months of use, for no reason it would JUST NOT WORK AT ALL! So Netscape Navigator became the web browser of choice. At least until all of Windows crashed and took everything with it! Some of my friends purposefully would just reinstall windows months after just installing it because they reported the registry gets garbled so easy and it's not worth the headache.

I wonder why Microsoft products are doomed to eventual fail? It's probably a question that has no answer, except, Microsoft just sometimes sucks. Posted Image

I wonder why Microsoft products are doomed to eventual fail? It's probably a question that has no answer, except, Microsoft just sometimes sucks. Posted Image

It fails so you'll upgrade :P

Try Linux or OSX if you so tired of Microsoft. Windows 7 is really good tho, you should look into that.

When I get some time I'll look into Linux. I've always been curious about it anyway.

I have been using OSX for years now. It is so smooth and efficient it makes you feel like you wasted years with MS.

Except you can't play games. But for surf the web and write documents I'm sure it's effeicient.

Upgrade to Windows 7.... well, well worth the cash especially if you know any students who can get it for you on discount. Runs silky smooth, and always recognizes new hardware without a problem.

I agree. It's the best OS I've ever used.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

id really like to go from xp to win 7. the problem is that there is no viable in place upgrade...so if i want what i have now im looking at literally days and days of backing up and reinstalling shit. it wouldnt be a problem if i just wanted to buy a new computer...but i dont. other than an aging os...my comp. is pretty skippy.

thanks microsoft...good looking out.

id really like to go from xp to win 7. the problem is that there is no viable in place upgrade...so if i want what i have now im looking at literally days and days of backing up and reinstalling shit. it wouldnt be a problem if i just wanted to buy a new computer...but i dont. other than an aging os...my comp. is pretty skippy.

thanks microsoft...good looking out.

Don't need all the RAM,

Don't need the effects,

Wait 'til Windows 8

Wait 'til Windows 8

If you want to procrastinate

Wait 'til Windows 8