Edible CD packaging?

Penzoline

Must be some packaging made of food by-products to put them to good use instead of throwing it away and to reduce the use of plastic which is non-biodegradable. Apparently it is also being used to make foods spoilage resistant.

http://www.discogs.com/Entheogenic-Flight-Of-The-Urubus/release/1285267?ev=item-vc

"Biodegradable eco sustainable edible packaging."

What the hell is this? I've never heard of such before.

Here they are making a lot of plastics out of corn so they are biodegradable, but not edible no.

No doubt it's biodegradable and eco sustainable. And maybe it's even edible, but I bet not in an enjoyable way.

If this really was something good, it would be bigger news.

Google's first hit on "edible CD packaging" is - tadaa - this thread :lol:

I conclude that it can't be good :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just remember this saying from my chemistry professor:

everything is edible

something only once

:lol:

I just remember this saying from my chemistry professor:

everything is edible

something only once

:lol:

Haha, well said. :lol:

I have this, it doesn't look very edible and I used to eat paper :blink:

Try it :P

It did not taste nice, I couldn't finish it and now I have a CD with no case!

Worst concept EVER!

omg did you really try to eat the CD packaging? :lol:

I was thinking about this earlyer on this evening. They should stop using plastic to wrap food in and instead use something edible. Preferably something you can ad water to and turn it into a nice sauce or maybe chocolate pudding or...something. For a minute there that actually made sense :D

Concerning CD's: why not make the whole bloody thing edible, CD and jewel case, so next time when you get tricked in buying a shitty album you can wash it down with a beer, shit it out and flush the bloody thing. A cleansing, ritualistic experience; much better than the one or two Euro's you probably aren't gonna get for it.

I was thinking about this earlyer on this evening. They should stop using plastic to wrap food in and instead use something edible. Preferably something you can ad water to and turn it into a nice sauce or maybe chocolate pudding or...something. For a minute there that actually made sense :D

Concerning CD's: why not make the whole bloody thing edible, CD and jewel case, so next time when you get tricked in buying a shitty album you can wash it down with a beer, shit it out and flush the bloody thing. A cleansing, ritualistic experience; much better than the one or two Euro's you probably aren't gonna get for it.

That would be perfect lol. :D

There is already some biodegradable kind of plastic that dissolves in water. That concerned prototypes of cookie packaging (you know, the plastic trays they mostly are in when you open the outer package). So I think we aren't too far away from that step.

Other than that, why not use starch? That's probably what the above mentioned CD packaging is manufactured of.