Recommend "Deep trippy Trance to me please

Elysium

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trancy techno is the best techno :)

Elysium, by "deep" do you mean music that's a little bit abstract?

I really have to second In R Voice. I don't know if it's the kind of vibe you want -- it's a little on the cold side -- but there is a sense of mystery in his music, something I find missing from most psy today.

I's not easy to define "Deep". But music with a more tribal or hypnotic approach I guess would describe what I am looking for.

The two examples are a bit too chilled for what I am looking for. I know the artist and like the music though :)

Check this out, Teva by Guy J. (sounds nothing like the Lamur Remix). Deep, pounding and driving (2011)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NMQJh2Sj-xI

Or this, Hypnoslave by Josh Wink (2009). More techno though, but I find it entrancing

Or this Roland M. Dill - Turboencabulator. Now it gets really Techno, though, but still deep, trippy and tribal

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Or this, Emmanuel Top is Back!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

You nailed it on Guy J and Roland M. Dill. I don't care if it's Techno (heck everything was called Techno in the Trance scene in 1993 even though I would call this crossover music and not pure techno) as long as it's hypnotic and has a deep drive which those two tunes got. Still they have a"trancey" edge too :)

Too fast :) I know Etnoscope and haven't got into it that much. But thanks for the suggestion :)

Check Kained and Able out, might be close to what you're after. Thought Crime could be one tune.

It's OK but I really dislike the monotone IMO boring and typical minimal basslines found in this genre. :)

137 bpm

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDYSHTxGzF4

not nearly as tech-house inspired as the SBK track you mentioned as a perfect example, but it has quite the tribalistic flow :mellow:

It's OK but I think SBK does it better in the 2 or 3 tunes I like. This sound a little to common progressive umpa umpa to me :)

Sorry I know I am hard to "please" :)

There hasn't been much tribal progressive trance released lately.

Shakta released a progressive album back in 2004 called "Feed The Flame". There's some good, tribal progressive on there - also on CD2, which is kind of a compilation of earlier vinyl-releases. Then of course there's the Kooler-album from 2004. Definitely some of the best progressive trance and loaded with tribal elements. The Saiko-Pod remix-album from the same period also had some hypnotic and tribal tracks, although on the slower side with no tracks over 130 BPM. Oh, and Antix - Lull. Although I'm sure you know that - there's some truly deep, tribal progressive trance for you :)

For more recent stuff I guess that for instance "Spleens" from the latest SCS-album might be something. Very hypnotic in my opinon, but again "only" 128 BPM.

Since you seemed to like GuySatanicHippies techno-suggestions, here's a bunch of techno/tech house/progressive house tracks that I consider very hypnotic and trance-inducing and not over-melodic. In no apparent order:

Carl Craig - At Les (Christian Smith's Hypnotica Remix)

Mohrr - Dirty Feet

Ramon Tapia - Pelican

Len Faki - Rainbow Delta

Edit Select - Beneath (Mark Broom Remix)

Nikola Gala - Tunnel Vision

Astronivo - What With

Phunk Investigation - Bulerias

Seismal D. & D. Diggler - Somnambulist (D. Diggler Remix)

Patch Park - Mutant

Patch Park - Mutant (Marc Marzenit Haunted House Remix)

Samuel L. Session - Four To The Floor (Part 2)

Samuel L. Session - Four To The Floor (Part 1)

AstroNivo – Nature Of Destiny (Presslaboys Remix)

Chris Liebing - Auf und Davon (Zahn Decimals Slow Burner Remix)

Paul Ritch - Split the Line (Dubfire's Mega Remix)

Psycatron & Sian - Vertigo (Sian Elevator Mix)

Mihalis Safras & Mark Broom - Tru Tru (Paul Ritch Remix)

Ramon Tapia – Addicted

Joel Mull - Danny Boy

Paul Ritch - Blue Light

Dot Allison - Cry (Slam Vocal Remix)

Dustin Zahn & Joel Mull - Close Your Eyes (Alan Fitzpatrick's Behind Enemy Lines Weapon)

Dustin Zahn & Joel Mull - Bossa Nossa (Pan-Pot Vocal Edit)

Marc Marzenit - Neo Galaxy

4D - Phantom - Atmos Remix

Psycatron - People In Glass Houses

Namito – Zizou (Tom Pooks Zizooks Remix)

It's getting late, so I guess you have to track them down yourself :D

There hasn't been much tribal progressive trance released lately.

Shakta released a progressive album back in 2004 called "Feed The Flame". There's some good, tribal progressive on there - also on CD2, which is kind of a compilation of earlier vinyl-releases. Then of course there's the Kooler-album from 2004. Definitely some of the best progressive trance and loaded with tribal elements. The Saiko-Pod remix-album from the same period also had some hypnotic and tribal tracks, although on the slower side with no tracks over 130 BPM. Oh, and Antix - Lull. Although I'm sure you know that - there's some truly deep, tribal progressive trance for you :)

For more recent stuff I guess that for instance "Spleens" from the latest SCS-album might be something. Very hypnotic in my opinon, but again "only" 128 BPM.

Since you seemed to like GuySatanicHippies techno-suggestions, here's a bunch of techno/tech house/progressive house tracks that I consider very hypnotic and trance-inducing and not over-melodic. In no apparent order:

Carl Craig - At Les (Christian Smith's Hypnotica Remix)

Mohrr - Dirty Feet

Ramon Tapia - Pelican

Len Faki - Rainbow Delta

Edit Select - Beneath (Mark Broom Remix)

Nikola Gala - Tunnel Vision

Astronivo - What With

Phunk Investigation - Bulerias

Seismal D. & D. Diggler - Somnambulist (D. Diggler Remix)

Patch Park - Mutant

Patch Park - Mutant (Marc Marzenit Haunted House Remix)

Samuel L. Session - Four To The Floor (Part 2)

Samuel L. Session - Four To The Floor (Part 1)

AstroNivo – Nature Of Destiny (Presslaboys Remix)

Chris Liebing - Auf und Davon (Zahn Decimals Slow Burner Remix)

Paul Ritch - Split the Line (Dubfire's Mega Remix)

Psycatron & Sian - Vertigo (Sian Elevator Mix)

Mihalis Safras & Mark Broom - Tru Tru (Paul Ritch Remix)

Ramon Tapia – Addicted

Joel Mull - Danny Boy

Paul Ritch - Blue Light

Dot Allison - Cry (Slam Vocal Remix)

Dustin Zahn & Joel Mull - Close Your Eyes (Alan Fitzpatrick's Behind Enemy Lines Weapon)

Dustin Zahn & Joel Mull - Bossa Nossa (Pan-Pot Vocal Edit)

Marc Marzenit - Neo Galaxy

4D - Phantom - Atmos Remix

Psycatron - People In Glass Houses

Namito – Zizou (Tom Pooks Zizooks Remix)

It's getting late, so I guess you have to track them down yourself :D

Thanks for the suggestions. I know most of it and yes a lot of it is great music :) I'll check out "Spleens"...

I was hoping to find a bit more trance oriented music somewhat resembling the style (but fresh and not from the 1990's and 2000's) in my 2 mixes I posted as reference. The 3rd mix will also be leaning toward the trance side of things (I have other mix series that deal with techno and Tech which is way easier to find he he).

But as I mentioned earlier. Maybe it's not possible to find much new music in this direction these days.

Edited by Elysium

I am going to record my 3rd "My Vision Of Trance Dj Mix" but have a very hard time finding the right music. The first two mixes contained older tunes but I would like to include new stuff too. BUT this is where the problem start. I have been looking for deep tripped out trance within the BPM range of 133-140 and have not found anything of quality or anything I consider to be deep or trippy (and tribal is a foreign language these days).

So basically I am NOT looking for melodic stuff, New Goa or fast multilayer stuff. I am looking for tripped out music that know how to breath!

If you are in doubt about the direction I am going please listen to my two mixes (not mandatory and not promotion) to get an idea of the kind of music I am looking for (in a modern suit).

http://soundcloud.co...um-my-vision-of

http://soundcloud.co...ium-my-vision-2

Suggestions are appreciated :)

For a second I thought I might be off. But, are you kidding me? Elysium...You know when you started making Goa? Well, if these guys weren't American, I swear they could have easily been tagged and have gone the Goa route. This is the stuff that people were looking for back in 1994-1995, not just to dance, but they wanted to trip harder, So I suggest checkinig out my American Goa Pioneers: Hardkiss Brothers and Rabbit in the Moon. Check out this Album by Hardkiss. it has a track called Delusions of Grandeur by Rabbit in the Moon. It's like trippy, breaks, housey, trance. This was the shit back in the day: These guys got picked up by the mainstream pretty quick. Anyway, David Christoper and Bunny are old friends of Ivo aka Acrodot(Glitcmachines) and mine.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKBIIjZvUQ

For a second I thought I might be off. But, are you kidding me? Elysium...You know when you started making Goa? Well, if these guys weren't American, I swear they could have easily been tagged and have gone the Goa route. This is the stuff that people were looking for back in 1994-1995, not just to dance, but they wanted to trip harder, So I suggest checkinig out my American Goa Pioneers: Hardkiss Brothers and Rabbit in the Moon. Check out this Album by Hardkiss. it has a track called Delusions of Grandeur by Rabbit in the Moon. It's like trippy, breaks, housey, trance. This was the shit back in the day: These guys got picked up by the mainstream pretty quick. Anyway, David Christoper and Bunny are old friends of Ivo aka Acrodot(Glitcmachines) and mine.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKBIIjZvUQ

Thanks for the suggestion. I've listened to their music before :) But I guess I got to repeat myself here. I am not looking for old stuff. I am looking for music from 2010/2011. :)

i thinks this one deserves to be in your mix :)

Roland Klinkenberg - Inner Laugh (James Holden Remix)

Yes a wicked tune. But I already got it and it's from 2000. No offense (I do appreciate the recommendations) but I said a few times now that I am looking for tunes from 2010/2011 :)

It's OK but would have been much better if they left out this annoying "housey" melody underneath. Somehow it sound very misplaced :)

I think I'll go for one of the tunes The Gay'sish German suggested and then use some techno I already got (Got tons of it anyways) and take it from there :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am going to record my 3rd "My Vision Of Trance Dj Mix" but have a very hard time finding the right music. The first two mixes contained older tunes but I would like to include new stuff too. BUT this is where the problem start. I have been looking for deep tripped out trance within the BPM range of 133-140 and have not found anything of quality or anything I consider to be deep or trippy (and tribal is a foreign language these days).

So basically I am NOT looking for melodic stuff, New Goa or fast multilayer stuff. I am looking for tripped out music that know how to breath!

If you are in doubt about the direction I am going please listen to my two mixes (not mandatory and not promotion) to get an idea of the kind of music I am looking for (in a modern suit).

http://soundcloud.com/sheyba-elysium/kristian-elysium-my-vision-of

http://soundcloud.com/sheyba-elysium/kristian-elysium-my-vision-2

Suggestions are appreciated :)

A track I like a lot is Max Cavalerra - 'resize your mind' off the Eternity EP

Yes a wicked tune. But I already got it and it's from 2000. No offense (I do appreciate the recommendations) but I said a few times now that I am looking for tunes from 2010/2011 :)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPn84rPSBk

Not sure how close this is to 2010...as it is supposedly the rough draft.

Regardless, my best suggestion for you: Stop looking outside, make your own damn track. Only you know what you want, so make it yourself. I think you have gathered a plethora of market research to get excited about it.;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPn84rPSBk

Not sure how close this is to 2010...as it is supposedly the rough draft.

Regardless, my best suggestion for you: Stop looking outside, make your own damn track. Only you know what you want, so make it yourself. I think you have gathered a plethora of market research to get excited about it.;)

What are you ranting on about? I am looking for new tunes for a DJ mix. I hardly see what that got to do with me making my own music (which I am doing).

This is a perfect example of what kind of music I am looking for.

I don't know did anyone mentioned Shaman and his Fortaste album already, but it sounds something like music from video above

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot17IE2MZ_o

Edit: Oh snap, now i saw that you're looking for new stuff, however this one is from 2004. Gonna check my library for more fresh stuff.

What are you ranting on about? I am looking for new tunes for a DJ mix. I hardly see what that got to do with me making my own music (which I am doing).

That must be a rhetorical question. I am always ranting about something.

I feel like such a douche bag. I can't believe that I did not recognize you...after 16 years. What a shit heel you must think, I am. My good friend and former partner in the psyscene, Ivo just pulled the Original Master Cassette Cover Designs from storage for his and my demo. You remember how we give thanks artists featured on the mixtape? Like, special thanks to "Etnica, Hallucinogen...?" Apparently, he used one of your tracks. To me that is a great honor, because he doesn't take this art lightly. And, he is my mentor. I thought you would want to see this:

Posted Image

^

"RESPECT AND APPRECIATION

ASTRAL PROJECTION, SHEYBA,

HALLUCINOGEN, ELYSIUM...."

That should kick start your weekend...you're a living legend. You actually had two fans. J/K... Thanks for sticking around. And keeping it real.

Ivo and Max Factor (Shriyantra Bee--aatch) LOL (I am such a hypocrite with the anti Goa and you should see my cassette label with the chakra enlightenment and the shriyantra 002--I am such a schmuck). I love it though. The laughter, alone is worth it.

That must be a rhetorical question. I am always ranting about something.

I feel like such a douche bag. I can't believe that I did not recognize you...after 16 years. What a shit heel you must think, I am. My good friend and former partner in the psyscene, Ivo just pulled the Original Master Cassette Cover Designs from storage for his and my demo. You remember how we give thanks artists featured on the mixtape? Like, special thanks to "Etnica, Hallucinogen...?" Apparently, he used one of your tracks. To me that is a great honor, because he doesn't take this art lightly. And, he is my mentor. I thought you would want to see this:

Posted Image

^

"RESPECT AND APPRECIATION

ASTRAL PROJECTION, SHEYBA,

HALLUCINOGEN, ELYSIUM...."

That should kick start your weekend...you're a living legend. You actually had two fans. J/K... Thanks for sticking around. And keeping it real.

Ivo and Max Factor (Shriyantra Bee--aatch) LOL (I am such a hypocrite with the anti Goa and you should see my cassette label with the chakra enlightenment and the shriyantra 002--I am such a schmuck). I love it though. The laughter, alone is worth it.

Here is my full cassette label:

Posted Image

sorry about the smearing...I am not very good at online photo editing...but if you want to see the full thing, I email you the pdf

If you manage to make a deep mix of new music you might restore my fate in psytrance. Good luck!

You probably consider the below recommendations to be too old (2005-2006), but they would fit well with that SBK track:

Midimiliz - Non standards

Kino Oko - Lost Entertainment

Triac - Mean Between

V/A - Refresh - Aeon Records

V/A - Rewired - Jester Records

V/A - Abracadabra