Strongest new school melodic track ever

deepXcode

seriously lacking on new releases but the one that I've heard recently (well, at least not too long ago lol) that totally blew my mind and made me feel like I was 16 again was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbg_hQoFv4

especially the part around 5:00 YES!!!

and this one comes in second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEThvuPxjMo

especially around 6:00

That's not melodic. Sounds like uninspired full-on to me, sorry ...

That's the only really inspiring "full-on" to me so far. Something like Section X - Galaxian from the 'old school'.

lol that's what I was thinking, I was like "THIS is supposed to be the strongest??" but to each their own I guess ;)

Yes. To me the strongest is something that gives you an 'over all' feeling. Thus it has to be simple and yet strong.

One of the interpretations might be as a barrel's hoop:

Posted Image

It's kind of very simple, plain, but yet strong enough to hold all the various internal fillings.

It will always give a feeling of having a huge and great work done, staying on top.

Oh.. and well.. what is the best asossiation with the word 'strength'? For me it's the fist. Search google images for strength.. Most of the images give the same feeling..

Posted Image

How simple it is, how clear.

The only remark I would accept to add, is that I might be talking about the musculine (male) strength. A feemale one would most likely look like (from same first page of goole images result):

Posted Image

...like I was 16 again...

...part around 5:00...

...around 6:00

Yes, the parts you mentioned do produce a close feeling to what I am seeking for. Thanks for the participation :)

Edit: But they are only the parts, while I am seeking for the whole tracks to be like that, from their start to end..

And yes, its kind of being 16 but now, same 'spirit' which has matured to it's perfection but remains young, strong and fresh.

Another great (and maybe the only) example is MFG - Welcome To The Edge:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4imUlvBXRC8

However, while MFG's tracks gives you a feeling of climbing the final steps to the Edge and finally reaching it.. Suria's tracks sound like you had already a well rest after your climbing and just enjoying staying on top, going around the edge with circles :)

Edit: I've decided to add a companion to MFG:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxDjIO0HyHA

But Suria still sounds to me stronger than anything I ever heared from the 2000+ production :)

Does anyone actually make music that is not "fast track on steroids"? Would be nice to hear some proper new Goa around 133-140 bpm

And yes, strong does not necessary mean fast. The strong slower old school tracks (if my internal BPM counter is right) are Afrotrance - Spiritual Energy and Disco Volante - Chameleon.

I would also love to hear something like this made today. But it seem to require really some big idea (energy) to be put into the track and nowdays people seem to be lacking of these things..

As for the Suria's track, it has been put at the end of the compilation it has been released on. And for a reason, I believe, like to summ things up :)

This what (and only) has been said about this track here by Ormion:

Last but not least another Portuguese artist after N3xu5, Suria. I know what you’re thinking, what Suria do in this compilation? Well, Earth in trance set is a dark full on track with (Thank God!) no cheesy melodies here.Instead of cheese we have three great first minutes of pure psychedelia just before the melodies start.The last minutes really remind me Fractal Glider but in a darker way.More like this mister!

;)

Indeed it's an awesome track. The best I've heard from Suria (I don't have any of his albums though).

BTW what happened to him? He used to be a hot name back then.

I also (obviousely) consider this to be the best track of his! Next one is 'Hiptonic Dance' which is still not good as this one. His album 'Logical Evolution' is now for sale in digital format and I'm still considering getting it..

He also got one of the longest tracks ever called Victory and I 'own' it because it was released for really cheap version in my country.

But it's all not as good as this track. So I contacted him personally via facebook proposing to get all this music released on a defunct now label Deja Vu to re-release for free at Ektoplazm.

He replied that he didn't know that when a label get's shut down the rights to the tracks go back to the artist and said it's a very great idea to give away his 'old' music for free.. Also thanked me to remind this great tune.

It was like a year ago when I contacted him. And at that time I've read somewhere (on myspace I guess) that he is going to release a new album, melodic, similar to 'Logical Evolution'..

And one month ago I've noticed he released a 3 tracks EP via digital distribution: Suria - Side Effect from where I personally find nothing really interesting..

Does anyone actually make music that is not "fast track on steroids"? Would be nice to hear some proper new Goa around 133-140 bpm

well again, forgive me if I'm not that up to date with the newest releases (maaan I'm getting old!!) but I REALLY liked this one:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzo3JuIhNA

BTW I agree, I also regret the long-lost art of playing 45RPM records at 33 ;)

Yes. To me the strongest is something that gives you an 'over all' feeling. Thus it has to be simple and yet strong.

One of the interpretations might be as a barrel's hoop:

Posted Image

It's kind of very simple, plain, but yet strong enough to hold all the various internal fillings.

It will always give a feeling of having a huge and great work done, staying on top.

Oh.. and well.. what is the best asossiation with the word 'strength'? For me it's the fist. Search google images for strength.. Most of the images give the same feeling..

Posted Image

How simple it is, how clear.

The only remark I would accept to add, is that I might be talking about the musculine (male) strength. A feemale one would most likely look like (from same first page of goole images result):

Posted Image

Yes, the parts you mentioned do produce a close feeling to what I am seeking for. Thanks for the participation :)

Edit: But they are only the parts, while I am seeking for the whole tracks to be like that, from their start to end..

And yes, its kind of being 16 but now, same 'spirit' which has matured to it's perfection but remains young, strong and fresh.

Another great (and maybe the only) example is MFG - Welcome To The Edge:

However, while MFG's tracks gives you a feeling of climbing the final steps to the Edge and finally reaching it.. Suria's tracks sound like you had already a well rest after your climbing and just enjoying staying on top, going around the edge with circles :)

Edit: I've decided to add a companion to MFG:

But Suria still sounds to me stronger than anything I ever heared from the 2000+ production :)

again, this is old (but post-2000 ;) ) but you might like this then?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxiI-ubSkBM

This:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=D84yKDS8cSo

That won me back from just psy when it came out. Very intense, and it goes mental towards the end, after 6:30 is pure brain meltdown. The recoup at 7:23 is beyond insanity.

umm no, it is precisely those kinds of childish melodies that put me OFF psy... but again, to each their own ;)