Progressive Psytrance? What is that? Wait that is...

• 6 years later...

Thanks dude, would you say the live version rids the non Psy or Goa stamp, or its still not? 

Here is btw (all his tracks has a progressive vibe to them) another track by Material Music,
maybe it's less progressive and more Goapsy. 

• Like 1

The track in the OP sounds a bit too simplistic but I think it has all the characteristic elements of progressive psy, like the rolling bass, "trippy" farts etc. The tempo maybe a bit too high, though but if Suntree or Ritmo are psy then it must be psy as well.

The Material Music track is surely psy, not sure if progressive (again the tempo is too high, around 145 I guess? May be kind of full-on). To me it sounds much more interesting. Liked and downloaded, quite a good track!

• Thanks 1

Yes on the Love & Magic (L&M 100s) track by Material Music like with many of his tracks, is at 146 bpm which I also think is a tad too much speed.. Good thing is though that the track works to pitch down a few bpm or more.. I've been much uncertain about what style to call and promote it, so thanks for All opinions!
Cool that you DL it R.Loop! Enjoy :) Hope it works for you to DJ if that's your fun!

This (unreleased) one might interest some Koxboxers btw (imo): 

On 5/27/2011 at 1:17 PM, djmaxfactor1995 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6kBjszuMNw

Is this goa/psy? I will tell you why...

Nice intro, nice ambiance... Nice build, and there we go. Thump thump thump with bleeps echoing around the core...  Its oldschool, kinda nice and dreamy but simple/old and gloomy. Nice darker bubbles at the end, and then it ends with some soken words that builds apun the tracks overall nice atmosphere. Nice work i guess, and a good sample section at the mid-end there. It all sound a bit too old i think, or amateurish.. But it is enjoyable for a listen and emotion. Amithaba Buddha track came up on the YouTube after the OP track in Q, and it's much much better, that's to say, much more advanced Goatrance.

I think the OP track is cute and i donno, Goapsy, not totally worthy of such a stamp, and progressive? Yeah right.
https://goarecords.bandcamp.com/track/feed-your-ego-frost-raven-remix.  

I don't DJ just dowloaded the track to listen myself. 

"Voice Of Pressed Tin"  also sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing these!

Genre-wise I think these tracks are just pure psytrance. They don't have any specific traits that would allow classifying it as strictly full-on, or progressive or goa which is actually a good thing cause all these subgenres are way too cliched now. Love & Magic may sound a bit like full-on because of the tempo.

Psytrance. Thank lord for that comment and I'd like to agree. Ok, roger DAT and thanks R.Loop. I'll make sure to put other FREE Downloadable track available asap on Psynews (don't sit up and wait for it) :) .... *friendly thread take-over!*