1991 - trance 20 years ago...

Guest nectarios

Guest nectarios

Stolen of an isratrance thread;

1st Vuuv.

11mins when Sundown is playing and everyone is stomping, is a brilliant moment.

Its 20 years ago but it feels like some future world I'd like to live in.

The music is diverse, psychedelic, early goa, or just plain techno/trance as quite a few called it back then...anyway the name is not the case, the case is that it was music that was "raw", and had people trippin' their socks off.

Then look at the people dancing, their clothes and dance moves point out to people from random backgrounds, yet they brilliantly stomp the ground in unison.

The deco, location, nothing fancy, but I'd be damned if I didn't think its a crater in Mars, with a few humanoids from the sparse colonies, celebrating the cosmos, or whatever...complaining about people playing 320kbps mp3? I think that's Antaro playing cassetes! No one seems to mind.

People knew how to party 20 years ago, that for sure...I wish there was a party like that I could go to this summer.

Peace out.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozora!

I was thinking the same thing,

And you should come to Belgium (open air)...

Does not even come close!

Notice the music was approx. 125 bpm. I said it all along! I was right when i made not so fast music. It can breathe ;)

Off course the music is different Posted Image

And the atmosphere too.

I disagree.

It is impossible to determine that a certain atmosphere at all parties in a specific time period was better compared to the "present"

That's a statement that categorizes (claims) a certain human group behavior on an international scale.

No one can make that statement. One human being is not capable of that until the future says otherwise.

That not how sociology works my friend. Not you for you, me and the rest of the world Posted Image

Guest nectarios

Indeed he said so, just like I said above, off course the music is different, so is the atmosphere...

It would be strange if not, considering there is a decade between it.

2 decades not one.

I guess I miss interpreted the 'not even close' sentence...

My mistake Posted Image

I also think he said not even close meaning that it was better for him, but I also think that he said that from a personal point of view, in which case he is right to say so. After all liking the parties and the music that was played 20 years ago, more than the parties and the music that is played today, is not wrong, its just a matter of taste.

Peace out.

I disagree.

It is impossible to determine that a certain atmosphere at all parties in a specific time period was better compared to the "present"

That's a statement that categorizes (claims) a certain human group behavior on an international scale.

No one can make that statement. One human being is not capable of that until the future says otherwise.

That not how sociology works my friend. Not you for you, me and the rest of the world Posted Image

You always seem to disagree, A favorite sport of yours? :)

Point me to the place where I said "better".

You see things that are not there ;)

Oh god that party does look pretty wicked though, everyone looks a bit stupid with the ridiculous clothes but that's why it's so awesome! No-one judging anyone, everyone having a good time. B)

Though anyone know what's the track at the end of the video? Sweet tune.

Looks absolutely beautiful, I do think that the slower music can be just as good as the faster stuff we have nowadays, i'm always shocked at the evolution in pace and tension. I was just listening to Project II Trance and am time and again struck by its more leisurely tempo, groove and enhanced atmosphere, rugged psychedelia.

What a great atmosphere...

Damn, that was not Goa, that was some kind of Trance, but close. Oh I would have liked to be there.

Hope you like it :)

Take care

:wub:

you could probably kick furniture down a flight of stairs and it would sound awesome.

I am indeed a fan of Filteria.

cheers

Great music and vibes on the video :)

Got inspired myself to do something like in that clip. Calmer than the usuall Filteria stuff :)

http://soundcloud.co...ilteria-vuuv-91

Take care

I'm not big fan of "to overloaded" trance,

So this track is great!

I enjoyed this track Posted Image

Great music and vibes on the video :)

Got inspired myself to do something like in that clip. Calmer than the usuall Filteria stuff :)

http://soundcloud.co...ilteria-vuuv-91

Take care

I'll repeat what I wrote on Isra.

Even though I think you overdo it a bit too much on the layer of sounds (simplicity is the beauty) this is far the best you ever did IMO Posted Image I'll charge you for "stealing" an inspired by Elysium bass line ha ha Posted Image

I agree!

i disagree. more is more ;). i just love it when there's too many things going on.

still it's a quite a nice track even if a bit boring at times (which can be a good thing in trance music). i especially like mystical-oldschool-vibes from the stolen-from-elysium-bassline ;)