Desktop Picture Thread

Dark_Puppy

just to see what others are looking at when the computer is booted up..

(hit print screen from desktop and then paste to and save on image editor for those who don't know how)

I'll start. :) Winamp with skin "Reflex" bumpin some Twizack.. over 28 hours in 222 tracks of music loaded up on the playlist. Windows XP Pro SP3.. don't ever care to upgrade it.

Posted Image

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a cool background Sideffect B)

@Jisnegro dude I used to have a lot of issues with icons on the desktop but I created a sidebar menu with some folders and shoved crap into them.. and cleaned up lots of space.

@Olly maybe you should try to find some registry cleaning program and then try winamp again. I've heard some bad things about the newest Winamp, I'm currently using version 5.581 (not Pro either) and ignore the update screens. I've tried other mp3 players but nothing is as simple and solid as winamp.

I don't know where I can post this pic, but I found it very weird and adorable.

It's from unknown USSR table game

WOW!

There were many table games like this in our family, but this was one of the few of my favorites!! I liked so much all the spacy theme in it! You can find here very ordinary things and even ancient but all with space engine attached and spacy styled. It was so futuristic, so inspiring!

Especially the huge jet exhausts, the train and the bus by which I remember the whole thing.. :wub:

Edit: I was having a version more like this though:

Posted Image

With the Comet and somewhat more high-tech feeling.. Oh yees.. :rolleyes:

You can also read here on the image the name of the game: "The Great Space Journey" B)

Edit 2: Now I am absolutely sure it was the one most favorite!! :D

PS. I wanted to start a thread like this about a half a year ago, I was having not just the desktop and winamp theme, but also each single window styled with graphical frames on 'psychedelic' theme. But the system has crashed.. though I might restore it and still show..

Linux gives you much more of customization abilities afaik :)

I'd love to learn how to do fractals. most of my artwork comes through photo-manipulation. But everytime I get a fractal program like Bryce or Chaos Pro or whatever, I don't get what all the numbers mean and how they can make bubbles and all that stuff.

as it is just now......til i tidy it up....

that's a pretty cool background. Like Sierra games "King's Quest" meets alice in wonderland kinda thing.

that's a pretty cool background. Like Sierra games "King's Quest" meets alice in wonderland kinda thing.

Thanks.:)tis one of my faves...

I'm just messing around with the 3D app(Bumptop) and not put colour on the walls yet.....

deepXcode, nice version :blink:

Yes.. The favorite table game ever in my life! I was seeking for the opportunities to restore it in my memories and kind of unexpected to have this happened via this forum, thanks for sharing. :)

I'm just messing around with the 3D app(Bumptop) and not put colour on the walls yet.....

I haven't even heard of bumptop so after searching for it I found that the app is no longer available for free download as the company was acquired by Google, April of last year. (explained on bumptop.com).

however, you can still find it through torrents. for those who are interested. If you don't know like I didn't what this cool app is:

The app is kind of interesting.. just takes your current desktop and makes it look like you are looking downwards at a room with three walls (four can be seen when you double click a side wall then then double click the back wall). your icons can then be literally thrown (drag and let go for the effect) around on the floor or bounce off walls, or just be put on the walls like you would a poster. You can even set up a picture directory to be a large icon that becomes a picture sideshow, running while you do whatever. You can also group multiple icons together in what's called "piles". Altogether it's just something different. A break from the norm..

Posted Image

This is the basic bumptop theme, you can make the floor a background image, and change the wall colors to whatever image you want or maybe create, as pixiejanet was talking about doing.

thanks for sharing that one.. I'm kind of a geek for this stuff and had no idea this was out. Apparently this project has been out for three years, and I've been in a closet! :lol:

still messin with bumptop. created some padded walls , then made it more psychadelic.. then added a door for the front wall.

i have no life. :lol:

Posted Image

@ Dark_Puppy : nice work, I have never seen this... It would be great to have one on my LCD television...

This is now the background (dual screen) of my LCD television

Got it from this site for those who are interested, A good site imo, all HD wallpapers for free...

WallpapersWide.com

Posted Image