Videogames official thread

Ormion

I'm watching the development of Skyrim very, very closely, this game will eat up six months of my life! E3 is on at the moment, releasing lots of tasty previews of new games.

oh god yeah...

I can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

Not really following the current game trends but I like all the Doom, Quake and Unreal series.

The other day when I was playing Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer deathmatch I was thinking how far the same basic idea had come.

There is a new Mortal Kombat out.

And it's back in 2D not 3D, which is great...

I'm curious!

I played Dirt III first the first time, the difference seems not that huge with II @ first sight...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching the development of Skyrim very, very closely, this game will eat up six months of my life! E3 is on at the moment, releasing lots of tasty previews of new games.

Skyrim looks good but you just know it's gonna have a dodgy framerate.

Seriously screw the last four months of this year..

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Rage

Battlefield 3

Resistance 3

Assassins Creed Revelations

Quake 4 (On steam, finally)

How the fk am I going to find the time to play all of them? Hate when they release the best games in such small timeframes. I was getting happy I stopped caring about Battlefield 3 but then I saw this..

• 3 months later...

I've begun playing DeusEx Human Revolution and I have the feeling that it's impossible to overrate this game. It's just soooo effing good. The OST by Michael McCann alone blows me away. The setting and atmosphere just hit the sweet spot for me....awesome.

I play games since the akanoid/wolfenstein/dukenukem1 era and used to play quake 2 competitively (won all 1on1 tournaments in vienna/austria for 2 years) on pc, then i more or less stopped playing games apart from diablo 2 from time to time or heroes of might and magic series in hot seat mode.

then, 3 and a half years ago, i bought an xbox 360 and now i just love sitting on the couch playing on a big tv instead of in front of the pc. I still like shooters a lot (I enjoyed dead space 1, played really lots of borderlands in splitscreen, recently got rage and like it) and I don't mind playing the shooters with the controller at all for solo or coop modes.

Originally I got the xbox 360 because of soul calibur IV, which i still play a lot with a friend. I'm also into rpgs like fallout 3, fallout new vegas (which is a really great game), dragon age and now skyrim. Although I have to say I pretty much always play mages in rpgs if possible so in my case they're a tiny bit like shooters also (while of course you don't have to wait for your mana to recharge in shooters :D).

Also I never connect my console to my wifi. I think the real strength of consoles lies in playing multiplayer with the person next to you on the same screen without having to have 2 pcs. I guess playing over the internet is just too unpersonal for my taste.

Playing Skyrim at the moment.... what a time-thief! I start the game and woooooshh 5 h are gone, and what have I been doing?! Picking flowers and riding horses (and some killing)... wtf?! But it is a totally awesome game, and an immensely beautiful and complex world.