Videogames official thread

Ormion

I find myself on Xbox 360 a lot.. probably more than I should. anyone who's interested in befriending my gamertag is: Darkpup69696

I've been having a ton of fun with Dead Space 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction. Before that I played the hell out of Dead Rising 2. If I'm not gaming I'll be on Netflix, watching some movie.

I'm really just a casual gamer who likes co-op more than competitive play.. And I really hate those douchebag 13 year olds who constantly call you gay terms and curse at you like sailors when they one up you on deathmatching. Nothing makes me want to leave a game more than that.

I know exactly how you feel! It's ridiculous!

I love Tiny Wings! Which challenge are you stuck on?

I am on the the challenge of get 20 cloudtouches not being in fever mode.

I got to the 9th island and did a shit long time in fever to get through the 4th island but I can't do that many cloud touches without ruining it and going into fever too often.

I know exactly how you feel! It's ridiculous!

well jeez man I don't and have never had anything against the gay community whatever man to each their own but these homophobic kids tryin to get a rise out of you while you're just tryin to play a game gets old real quick. If only their parents knew how they talked.. shit my mom would have washed my mouth out with soap before and after my ass whippin with the wooden spoon!

I am on the the challenge of get 20 cloudtouches not being in fever mode.

I got to the 9th island and did a shit long time in fever to get through the 4th island but I can't do that many cloud touches without ruining it and going into fever too often.

Yeah, that one's a shitter. It was the first of the last three challenges I managed but I wasn't actually trying at the time, I got lucky and it just happened.

You can't play without mouse. Nobody can.

Most of my friends are, but they started gaming with Xbox and PlayStation.

Not on a desktop... So I guess they don't know any better...

I just don't see why you wouldn't want to go as fast as you can.

Exactly, isn't that what a shooter is about, precision & speed...

Most of my friends are, but they started gaming with Xbox and PlayStation.

Not on a desktop... So I guess they don't know any better...

Exactly, isn't that what a shooter is about, precision & speed...

I wouldn't even call that gaming :)

But yeah, if you start with console that is all you know.

I wouldn't even call that gaming :)

But yeah, if you start with console that is all you know.

Indeed , still my Xbox has USB,

It would be nice If I could connect a mouse or keyboard...

Indeed , still my Xbox has USB,

It would be nice If I could connect a mouse or keyboard...

Microsoft have banned developers from making Xbox games compatible with keyboard or mouse.

You can't play without mouse. Nobody can.

i used to play FPS with only the keyboard all the time and was quite good at most of them (quake 3 was a bit too fast for keyboard play but unreal tournament was no problem). since most modern FPS don't support keyboarding (or precise enough movements with the keyboard) anymore i've stopped playing...

console controllers are even worse than the mouse.

Actually I prefer the natural movement that dual analog sticks provide. The mouse is way to sensitive and more frenetic.

Of course it always depends on the game. Some FPS are made exclusively for consoles and the developers based the entire gameplay on gamepad controls.

For example Killzone which has a heavier movement would move ridiculous on pc.

I too prefer analog sticks.

I have Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 and PC and I much prefer the PS3 variant with the controller. It just feels better to me ... I'm just a bit too hectic with the mouse and the controller is so much better. Sure there are situations where you'd need to turn around instantly and can't and get killed ... but that does not balance out the good feel I get from the controller. Also, with the pad the dodging is easy (just press x plus direction) ... on PC it's crap because I have to hit a strafe button twice which is just fucked up for me ... I often strafe twice and get killed - and on the other hand I fall off cliffs because I want to strafe twice and am pressing it too quickly and make a dodge jump...

Plus it just feels so great for me to win a UT3 PS3 deathmatch on a server that enables mouse and keyboard when I just have the gamepad :P

Shit, I gotta play UT3 decently again some time. Lately I'm often too hangovered to have fast reaction.

Oh you guys, I play(occasionally now, but I used to a lot) UT3 on the PC. You should see my screen, I turn around every 3 seconds and strafe jump everywhere. It certainly is hectic but that's why I love it. Too bad the game is dead and instead games like Call Of Duty hog up players. Quake is fun and all too but it lacks the feel of UT. :(

PLAYGUUU

Yeah, that one's a shitter. It was the first of the last three challenges I managed but I wasn't actually trying at the time, I got lucky and it just happened.

I still haven't done it. It's starting to piss me off :angry:

I still haven't done it. It's starting to piss me off :angry:

Do you know you can make it generate a new level set by changing the date on your device? That way you can keep changing it until you get an easy fourth island. Alternatively if you have an easy fourth island and want a few more goes but it's about to turn midnight you can change the date on your device to keep the same level set for longer.

e: Oh I've just remembered it was the 20 cloudtouches you are stuck on, not the 4th island in fever mode. Ignore my useless advice.

Do you know you can make it generate a new level set by changing the date on your device? That way you can keep changing it until you get an easy fourth island. Alternatively if you have an easy fourth island and want a few more goes but it's about to turn midnight you can change the date on your device to keep the same level set for longer.

e: Oh I've just remembered it was the 20 cloudtouches you are stuck on, not the 4th island in fever mode. Ignore my useless advice.

:D

Still the advice is good, if I have a particularly steep-hilly terrain that is well set up for big jumps when not in fever. I actually thought I had to go from the 1st island to the end of the 4th album in fever mode at first until after I had done it and my bird told me it was just the 4th island :rolleyes:

I like to play Resident Evil 5 and Silent Hill 5.

I haven't tried Silent Hill 5.. I think last one I played was 2. But RE-5 loved that game. I played the first part over and over because the survival scene in the shed versus the zombies (and eventually the crazy axe swinging dude) reminds me of the classic movie Zombii. First time I played that me and a friend were beyond buzzed and just trying to survive that level was all we could do. There was a lot of "WHAT?!?!" , "GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME!!!!" and "THAT DUDE is just SWINGING THAT AXE MOTHER F---!!" :lol:

eventually when you get enough points to fully upgrade the hand cannon you own that game like no other. You just walk through levels like who cares? at least til you get near those giant cockroach things that kill you instantly if you get close enough. And the crazy chainsaw guy....

I also played Silent Hill 2, but it was so long ago. I wished I could play it now. The critics are right when they say that SH2 is the best of the series. And I will never forget the soundtrack to the game. I remember that at one point I just turned the music off. It scared me too much.

I also like that part of Resident Evil 5. Especially I like to play it at Veteran or Pro level with basic weapons with no upgrades and with limited ammo. And the fat axe guy is one the best enemies in the game IMO, together with the chainsaw men and the giant shamans.

I also played Silent Hill 2, but it was so long ago. I wished I could play it now. The critics are right when they say that SH2 is the best of the series. And I will never forget the soundtrack to the game. I remember that at one point I just turned the music off. It scared me too much.

I also like that part of Resident Evil 5. Especially I like to play it at Veteran or Pro level with basic weapons with no upgrades and with limited ammo. And the fat axe guy is one the best enemies in the game IMO, together with the chainsaw men and the giant shamans.

If you want to talk about a classic horror game.. remember Parasite Eve? B)

I managed it this morning and while it didn't come from your advice it did come from your post. You said you did it by accident so I stopped trying to do it and suddenly BOOM I'd done it :P