Videogames official thread

Ormion

• 3 weeks later...

I bought three games in the PSN-Store yesterday: Dark Chronicles: Very good PS2-RPG, the sequel to Dark Cloud. Allready got the original game but it's great to get an updated version with faster loading times and better graphics. Lone Wolf: Console version of an Fighting Fantasy book series by Joe Denver. I got the books but I think it will be nice to have a text based game with round based fightes. Salt and Sanctuay: it's described as 2D Dark Souls game, the gameplay in the trailer reminded me of Castlevania - SotN, one of my favourite games.

Wasn't able to play any of the games yesterday since it was too late when the downloads were finished. But I will start with Salt and Sanctuary, I hope it's good. I played some more Witcher instead. I didn't continue with the main quest (all others are done at the moment) but cleared up some question marks on the map in Skellige. There are still over 100 of them so the game will keep me busy for a while. :D

@astralprojection I dont know if you played much Warcraft 3, but they had a custom map called Defense of the Ancients, well Valve got hold of the rights and now own Dota2, its free to play, not pay to win at all, there is a HUGE pro scene and it's really similar to LoL or HoTS or HoN.

http://blog.dota2.com/?l=english

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570

• 2 weeks later...

@astralprojection I dont know if you played much Warcraft 3, but they had a custom map called Defense of the Ancients, well Valve got hold of the rights and now own Dota2, its free to play, not pay to win at all, there is a HUGE pro scene and it's really similar to LoL or HoTS or HoN.

http://blog.dota2.com/?l=english

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570

yes im well aware thank you :)

I bought three games in the PSN-Store yesterday: Dark Chronicles: Very good PS2-RPG, the sequel to Dark Cloud. Allready got the original game but it's great to get an updated version with faster loading times and better graphics. Lone Wolf: Console version of an Fighting Fantasy book series by Joe Denver. I got the books but I think it will be nice to have a text based game with round based fightes. Salt and Sanctuay: it's described as 2D Dark Souls game, the gameplay in the trailer reminded me of Castlevania - SotN, one of my favourite games.

Wasn't able to play any of the games yesterday since it was too late when the downloads were finished. But I will start with Salt and Sanctuary, I hope it's good. I played some more Witcher instead. I didn't continue with the main quest (all others are done at the moment) but cleared up some question marks on the map in Skellige. There are still over 100 of them so the game will keep me busy for a while. :D

sotn is definately a great castlevania. but after playing soo much super metroid, i mean lets be honest, SOTN is a super metroid clone.

castlevania 1 and 2 on the NES - classics. I got the NES 1990 and i KNEW that I was onto something huge and spectacular, when i first put castlevania 1 in.

8 years old, totally tranced in front of the TV. but still not in a bad way. i learned alot from it and cherish it dearly today.

for example my first english was from NES. Not that the english on the NES was always grammatically correct lol, but still, i kept askim mom and dad "what does level mean " "what does continue mean" "what does penninsula mean" etc.

so yeah, definately started learning english from the NES.

that feel when i finnally found out how to finish lvl 7 on Zelda, and then figuring out how to get the magic sword... dem feeels

a year later or so i started sub for Nintendo Power magazine. I owned them _ALL_ .

i curse myself often that i just trashed them.

edit: just realised ive been a gamer since 8 years old. and i just feel proud :D fuckit! life is what you make it and im proudly a gamer.

I have been playing IL-2 Sturmovik WW2 flight simulation, modded with HSFX 7.xx something... :) Basically i play this game from 2001, and its so heavily modded that it came from inital 600-ish MB to over 11GB of mods and ingame physics. Great take for anyone with forgotten joystick under their desk :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I've only been playing a really simple cell phone game by Disney called Tsum Tsum. It's stupid and cutesy but it has some addictive points:

It's simple to play just for a couple of minutes

It requires you to play to get coins to get more characters which creates a collector's feeling

It's ridiculously hard to power up your characters but you can do so just by playing a lot

I hate it, I play for hours each day :ph34r:

• Like 1

Basically my thoughts concerning Skyrim :lol:

Especially modding it wrecks your sanity. I have it uninstalled for now, but somewhere in the back of my head it still keeps tempting me to come back.

• Like 1

Basically my thoughts concerning Skyrim :lol:

Especially modding it wrecks your sanity. I have it uninstalled for now, but somewhere in the back of my head it still keeps tempting me to come back.

You shouldn't do that, especially when it's heavily-modded. Think about the nightmare that will be the (inevitable) complete re-installation/re-stabilization process :P

• 2 months later...

i got a ps3 due to one of my family members getting me into it because he hyped me like hell on god of war games. u know kinda like old beat em ups dantes inferno n shit... finished all them 3 gods of war really good bosses n shit , mythology , scenery all brilliant... loved it

finished ghostbustersgame too was quite fun , nothing else now i dont have time for it lol

Finished Red Faction: Guerrilla and Mark Of The Ninja over the past few months.

RF:G was mostly nice, not much of a story and some of the missions were a bit tedious, but the fact that you could just roam around knocking down practically any building on the map was oddly satisfying :)

MOTN was brilliant. Didn't really care for the cartoony cutscenes, but for the perfectionistic stealth game fan like me it was mostly pure joy (and frustration too but that kinda goes with the genre...). Eventually I didn't find everything, so a replay (or perhaps a few in different styles, kill everyone vs kill nobody etc) is in order sometimes later.

And for the record, I deleted Skyrim from my Steam library. Almost 1500 hours was enough. There's a Special Edition coming up but I'm going to pretend that it doesn't exist :lol:

Maybe when autumn comes around I'll finally dive into Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition.

• Like 2

And for the record, I deleted Skyrim from my Steam library. Almost 1500 hours was enough.

DAMN! Are you into the Fallout games maybe? Ive thrown many ours at that one :)

• Like 2

DAMN! Are you into the Fallout games maybe? Ive thrown many ours at that one :)

i had few friends saying fallout 2 was best i think. fps.. played a little at start but never seemed to draw me in which was weird.. bioshock 1 has good intro for example but never got to finish them either lost interest in it at some point. at the time i had xbox 360 ... ninja gaiden 2 was da shit!

• Like 1

:lol: dude! You are trapped. Ha ha.

LOL its like my cousin asking me how to get past this or that and me looking for walkthrough on the net , well i did same too i admit... some old mega drive rpg game the immortal is called . brill game... also very trial and error but u die so much its unreal and frustrating as hell lol.. shows you how world of games changed aswel , so hardcore back in days .... no savings no nothing ... least you could get was a shitty password and go fuck yourself ... u really had to give it all and be good else... game over :lol: .

great times playing that asterix master system game as a kid with my brother ... hard to forget alex kidd n shit you know... :|

its fucked up when you get stuck its so frustrating you try everything go everywhere and still stuck and sometimes all it takes is some tiny shit like in castlevania ... all it took was throwing a dagger at the frikking door knob :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: or some controller combination looolll too many these days im used to 2-3 buttons or snes controller ps one , sega saturn then i lost interest in games because they changed things too fast no point buying consoles anymore :(

fuck even worse was super metroid mate... that was cryptic but was so fucking amazing... everybody will say same... music graphics... still best till today... and i managed to decipher it all ending the game at least... Zelda was a different story... another example of getting stuck games bah no patience anymore lol

*Open's Nuka Cola* Fallout ? Dont even get me started with that one hehe :)

Still playing Guild Wars 2, getting ready to fall into a month or two of world of warcraft new expansion at the end

of this month.

Still havent finished witcher 3 (No expansion's yet)

Havent played all the new Fallout 4 DLC'S

I just need like 10 good years infront of the computer to play those games and then im out for good !

:D

• Like 1

Finished New Vegas once, 200 hours playtime. A replay is in order "sometimes", maybe work for Caesar this time ;)

xbox 360 or... ?

Recently I've only been playing a really simple cell phone game by Disney called Tsum Tsum. It's stupid and cutesy but it has some addictive points:

It's simple to play just for a couple of minutes

It requires you to play to get coins to get more characters which creates a collector's feeling

It's ridiculously hard to power up your characters but you can do so just by playing a lot

u know what man? theres remastered version of ducktales and mickey mouse land of illusion i think... really good :)

*Open's Nuka Cola* Fallout ? Dont even get me started with that one hehe :)

loooooooooooooollll

World_in_conflict_nuke_explosion.jpg

• Like 1

Finished New Vegas once, 200 hours playtime. A replay is in order "sometimes", maybe work for Caesar this time ;)

If you're gonna play an chaotic evil character " :)

Ceasar's legion, unlike any other faction, literally has no good side. Brotherhood, even the goddamn Enclave have some good motives, but those legion guys...... To hell with them!

Also, you should try playing the third and fourth games! Totally worth it

• Like 1

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

come join our massive testeterone levels XD fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: show your muscles n shit what a load of shit hahhahahahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol: its like watching football of a bunch of vikings fighting for shit ~PMSL fucking insane shit xD

007d43f1e22c2b4e661ab12b30ba9bca9798b15e

as a game its good strategy game...

its good to play if im lazy ill play any shitty shit game... even rampart was fun

is med- evil ... yea it sure is fucking spanish inquisition shite!

rampartad.jpg

apart from that its ok game ... but not much to say you'll get bored after 1-2 levels

hqdefault.jpg

this one i recommend it . im way over 18 so pretty much shit in it doesnt surprise me

god_of_war_trilogy_by_xxpointlessthingsx

if you are over 18 then ... i recommend it. i loved it. but to warn its violent n shit.. (not to mention you can even go have sex with some women fuck since when they started puttin that in games :huh::blink: lollllllllllllll funny shit , same was with dantes inferno fucking boobs n shit xD leisure suit harry or paradise cafe were 'forbidden' games popular for spectrum fuckin famous shitty games brothels n shitttt fucking hell xD LOOOOOOOOOL )... its just a game anyways. if it would be me as a kid i would deffo play this when my parents were away n shit , things were strict back in days. now im a parent and sure i tend to be careful with my son too.. you grow up , mature n shit , you care for your children n shit ... i just want best for my boy but not gonna trap him like my old pops did. but times change doesnt mean i gotta change . its what we get through in life i guess and im fucked up guy anyways.

back to god of war : i enjoyed the landscapes , bosses , charaters all well build , detailed , environments... really fucking cool. medusas head you get to use , kill the fuckin hot gorgons n shit ... :lol: looooool

them bosses sometimes are huge and thats one of the highlights in this type of game... i got a god of war prequel but shiiit really disapointed they did fuck ups

same happened in prince of persia , sands of time created all nice emotions in me i fucking loved it... then next ones we bahhhh fuckin going dark n shit ... then they did forgotten sands a mix of dark and sands of time i guess but game felt really fuckin empty altho i finished it but really nothing to highlight was just fucking bland shit

the architecture designs and the atmosphere is really warm n nice being involved in the mythical world of greek gods n shit... well not much else i can say ... it was one of those games that got me playing and couldnt rest till i finished it. not many games can do that nowadays... i still remember wonderboy in monster world was like that back in days... story line , ambient , world n stuff its immersive ... i love that i guess. now superficial games its just like bahhh whats so special about you know? not worth spending my time on it thats what i think in games nowadays , ive played so many games.

still love old shadow of the beast game for example for some nostalgic reason but da fuck knows lol im retro as fuck!

now i just remember this one...

really old 3d chunky as fuck hard controls but the music was good far as im concerned! lol :P

Prince_of_Persia_3D_Coverart.png