Videogames official thread

Ormion

I tend to play one game at a time. Recently it's been Bloodborne, but after rebuilding my main desktop (for music & gaming), I started back in with Diablo III. I quit D3 ages ago as I had done everything 100x over, but so much has changed that I'll probably be spending some time in it again.

D3 is great now! Every patch I come back to play again. It's always something new to loot.

You play hardcore?

i also come back to check it out every patch :)

i was one of those geeks who bought it at 00:00 at gamestop :)

i got a free poster. wicked.

anyway i played until i hit act 2 on inferno, and it was too hard to continue. so i just watched streams instead. kungen, kripp, etc.

by then i had played perhaps 100 hours. then the expansion came out and that number increased to about 500h, and about 300 paragon before nerf.

2.4 isnt very great though, nothing really new.

they didnt change the wizard at all, which is kinda good i guess but it would be fun with at least some changes.

the set dungeon is boring and you do it once then your done.

empowered rift doesnt add anything to the gameplay either. just another gem roll.

i want pvp now. 2v2 arenas would be awesome..

but it wouldnt work with current game mechanics.. they would almost have to do another game for pvp to work properly..

or just throw in some pvp gear, that equalises all your gear so eveyrone has identical gear.

that would be fun too.

D3 is great now! Every patch I come back to play again. It's always something new to loot.

You play hardcore?

Sort of. I can't play it seriously when I'm on a wireless connection, and my desktop is now connected wirelessly. Also, Blizzard has a nearly 1 minute (or used to have.. not sure if they fixed it) window of when you lose connectivity and you character is removed from the game. When one of the glitches happened a couple years ago (the invulnerable wizard glitch), I was playing hard core with a monk... the servers go so unstable from everyone coming in to play their wizards that I ended up getting lagged out... with no monsters near me and a henchman by my side. When I could log back in, character was dead.

So, Diablo III has a very fuct style of hardcore, and I don't really trust it.

In Hellgate: London I played Hard Core Elite, and got a few characters to maximum level... including a Blademaster (no easy task in HCE). But Hellgate would disconnect your game if you had a network issue. There were plenty of legitimate deaths, but not nearly as many "death by lag" issues that D3 has.

Yeah, if you have bad connection then hardcore is a no no. I haven't died to lag, bad connection or something like that since I began playing hardcore around RoS came out. Besides, all classes has a passive "cheat" death mechanic now. Hardcore is just so much more fun. Especially with the way you can push your character to the limit in Greater Rifts and you are sitting there screaming at the screen when your passive procs. Love it :)

yes hardcore really is another game tbh. i have yet to get a hc char to max level, always have died to disconnects before that :/

and my connection is extremely stable, and yet it has happened several times.

there has been issues with bnet connection alot, and it havent affected all users.

a shame, that they dont add a 10 second immune window to your character if it starts to get 0 input from user and or senses a dc.

sure, people could abuse it like hell, and cutting their connection whenever they are in trouble but sure, let them, i dont care if they do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

considering the release of XCOM 2 - I would like to strongly recommend the openxcom project that has made playing the original UFO: Enemy Unknown a real pleasure.

One of the absolute best games ever concieved! The father of turn based strategy.

Still holds up today even in its dated DOS graphics.

http://openxcom.org/

wanna recommend heroes of the storm. Its free to play and also not pay to win. you can buy heroes and skins if you want- but there is no reason other than if you want to. there are free heroes to play and they rotate every week. you can also buy heroes with in-game gold so if you play alot you can get heroes that way. you get very little gold from games and you get gold rewards after hitting certain level. getting enough gold for a hero takes a few hours.

also getting high level doesnt make your character better or adds any other benefits, other than it unlocks skins and stuff. so you can start fresh as lvl 1 and still have the same chance as everyone else. if you are serious about the game you can unlock ranked games but it wont unlock until you own 10 heroes and is level 30.

all very possible with just in-game gold.

i started playing yesterday and already decided to buy a hero with real money cause the hero was not in the free heroes rotation, and the hero was just too fun to pass up :)

10 euro well spent imo :) in-game gold was 15.000 for that particular hero, and that would take days to accumulate. alot of heroes are 2000 and 4000 gold though and quite fast to get.

its very fun actually, even if you dont like other moba games like lol or hon.

the players are generally friendly and there is very little chat overall, and most say gg after the game. in contrast to lol where spam, trolling and lots of childish behaviour is excpected.

mechanics are great, and its just overall really good. getting in nice skillshots and killing blows are very rewarding and feels great. not many games feel as rewarding as this.

considering the game playstyle its good that its free, cause it makes it alot more accessible to casual players who would otherwise never try it or play it if it cost money. it does however feel like a very polished game. it doesnt take long to get to know the game, and to get good at it. id say about an hour or so, and youre already comfortable with all of the gameplay.

thumbs up blizzard!

• 2 weeks later...

A video of me playing Heroes of the storm :) Li-Ming (the Wiz from D3) is just amazing. Has spent 1000h on her in Diablo 3 and now its like a rebirth in this game. Feel like a kid havent had such fun in a while.

Soundtrack is a "dj" mix by me, its not really a dj mix though as its just fade in / fade out at moments of my choice, and parts of the track of my choice. So no BPM synching or fancy stuff, but regardless - its a nice mix!

I also re-mixed and re-mastered everything in "my" special way :) For example everything is way to stereowide. Secondly - the sound effects are way to distorted and compressed - but the magic lies in that it is juuust at the limit of still sounding like an artistic choice rather than technical failure :D If that makes sense.

Anyway, im saying all this for my own peace of mind anyway, im gonna get - what - 10 views? Who the fuck cares :D

tracklist is

Cosmosis - Moonshine (Main Track)

then a mix of:

Space Monkey - Digital Illusion

Astral Projection - Techno Drome (Actually the mix from space monkey to ap was pretty nice haha, just randomly sounded like a real DJ there)

Blue Planet Corporation - Antidote (Pleiadians Remix)

Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins part II (mix into this one was pretty proper too haha or im just too hi' but honestly i spent like 10 sec just "mixing" the tracks so it was pretty random the way it happened:))

Enjoy 1200p@60fps gameplay! (sadly the actual gameplay is recorded at 44 fps but its very watchable. When fast-forwarding in-game in the replay its at 10fps though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X4ErvKoy1M

And also, haha, I must be going mad(der) cause I just spent 10 euro on a freaking skin in-game for that hero, hahaha.

Im such a nerd omg cant believe im 33. LOL.

But I suppose that insight indicates certain maturity afterall, I suppose :D

At least I fool myself that that is the case ^_^

Well... Considering Li-Ming is incredible op getting kills here and there isn't that hard. But you had a few good moves :) I played many games against her yesterday and people really seem to enjoy pushing an early tower with her. A few "Qs" and "Ws" on a tower and boom, it's gone. Annoying as hell.

Thank you for watching my video! :)

you mispelled wonderful :P

She is incredibly op though and every other hero feel underpowered due to it.

Before I loved Jaina and Kaelthas but now they just seem like a poormans li-ming.

I dont complain though, since im so happy playing li-ming im fine with her being op^^

Ive heard Xcom2 is not as good as Xcom 1, which was pretty decent i think too.

Even though it has nothing absolutely nothing on the original two games :)

Try hots if you havent already, its extremely similar gameplay as LoL but with lesser depth and not so much to think about.

3-5 buttons, thats basically it.

Its basically Diablo 3 PVP - but with added heroes from the entire Blizzard universe - with a HOTA/LOL approach.

But I dont need to go into any detail, im sure youve must have tried it or at least checked it out on tube.

Ive heard Xcom2 is not as good as Xcom 1, which was pretty decent i think too.

Even though it has nothing absolutely nothing on the original two games :)

Try hots if you havent already, its extremely similar gameplay as LoL but with lesser depth and not so much to think about.

3-5 buttons, thats basically it.

Its basically Diablo 3 PVP - but with added heroes from the entire Blizzard universe - with a HOTA/LOL approach.

But I dont need to go into any detail, im sure youve must have tried it or at least checked it out on tube.

XCOM 1 is better I think. I get terrible fps in XCOM 2 (dont blame the game entirely) and I didnt get anything new. Its basically the same game.

As for HOTS, yeah ive checked it out. But Ive invested 4 years in LoL to learn everything I know about it now that I just cant stand to play another moba. The game look awesome nonetheless. :)

Ive recently learned that there is an active Pro community in HOTS - and I am considering to becoming pro.

I already play the game 8h / day - since I started about a week ago - and am soon high enough lvl to start my journey on the Ranked charts, where the game really starts.

Since my first video from the game, ive become an absolute killing machine with Li-Ming, have perfected my different builds to match my intended playstyle - sometimes a killshotter, sometimes a Siege dmg doer, and sometimes doing all map chores.

Different build for different tactics.

There are enough depth in the game mechanics to allow for this and this is a very very well made game, in terms of balance.

But I never couldve guessed the Pro scene was that big... Its not on par with SC2 but its still big, and large prize pools.

I dont have a job now either, I truly aim on becoming one of the worlds best Li-Mings - so why not?

I have the time and the passsion for it, and its a game I genuinely feel I am good at and will in fact become great at.

In no doubt I will not rest until Im in the top 10 Hero Leauge for Li-Ming, EU.

Ill still have many many hours to go until I hit lvl 30, to be able to start going Ranked - so what will happen then - will decide if my plans will fulfill or fail.

I dont see me fail due to getting bored though, but I might fail on not becoming so great that I feel I might.

Who knows. Ill try.

HOTS has at least, given me a real reason to the idea of going pro, and its a fun concept, Ive never thought about that before.

And I have the maturity and experience needed too - since I played Diablo 1, 2, 3 for about 10.000h - extrapulated over the fact that I have 1000+ hours just on the wizard in d3.

Add my experience as a Mage in wow, where Ive spent more hours than Id like to admit,

Li-Ming just is the absolute definition of what makes a good wizard a good wizard, and Ive ALWAYS selected wizards in games where one is avaliable, as first choice.

Umm... Just so you know. Li-Ming will probably (in her current state) get banned in pro-games (there is no ban phase in ranked so enjoy her there) :)

Also, as a pro you can never rely on playing only one hero. And I don't think Wiz in Diablo games has anything to do with the wiz in hots when it comes to gameplay. Sure they have same spell but you can't just smash spells like in D3. I mean, because I've played SC2 and have used siege tanks in that game doesn't mean I know how to play Sgt. Hammer in hots at pro level.

Anyway, I still think you should go for it but consider play other heroes as well. Good luck :)

Started Life Is Strange yesterday, playing 1 episode per day. So far I like it, the gimmick with rewinding time to change and influence events is nice, even if (as the ending I got in episode 2 proved) everything doesn't always go according to plan, and as choices do seem to matter (and probably will even more in the upcoming episodes) it has replay value as you can make different choices on your next playthrough, and see if it was that seemingly insignificant choice you made that turned out to be fatal.

Not overly complicated to get the hang of, and the watercoloury art style is mostly nice, if a bit plastic but I hardly ever complain about graphics in games anyway.

• Like 1

Started Life Is Strange yesterday, playing 1 episode per day. So far I like it, the gimmick with rewinding time to change and influence events is nice, even if (as the ending I got in episode 2 proved) everything doesn't always go according to plan, and as choices do seem to matter (and probably will even more in the upcoming episodes) it has replay value as you can make different choices on your next playthrough, and see if it was that seemingly insignificant choice you made that turned out to be fatal.

Not overly complicated to get the hang of, and the watercoloury art style is mostly nice, if a bit plastic but I hardly ever complain about graphics in games anyway.

Great choice. I've finished the game. The story becomes even better through episodes. Enjoy :)

its all good stuff. such an old school gamer i was. today i had wonderboy memories. brilliant game.

screenshot_wonw_003.png

19991_front.jpg

as for modern stuff alien : isolation.

Screenshot_07.jpg