Videogames official thread

Ormion

After some rather uninspired and eventually glitchy/crashy Skyrim modding I got South Park: The Stick Of Truth last week when it was on sale. Finished it over the weekend. What can I say? It's just as obnoxiously hilarious as you could expect South Park to be, got a good amount of laughs out of it :)

Now I'm (finally) playing Crysis 2. Not really being an FPS fan, it's kinda OK. Beautiful visuals but the AI and overall feeling is about as intelligent as a rock. I never finished the first Crysis simply because it got so crashy towards the end.

Oh yes, tried BioShock 2 and Infinte too at some point. Back in the day I kinda forced myself to finish and enjoy the first BioShock; 2 and Infinite weren't any less annoying, I just can't get into them. Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear, Steam had a sale...got these for cheap:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (seems like I need to mod it quite heavily to make it playable)

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

Divinity II: Developer's Cut

Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition

Yes, RPGs. I blame Skyrim (and just when I finally got a well running, not crashing and bugging heavily modded version of it running...)

And also, The Talos Principle. Frustrating? Yes. I don't know how many times I've been cursing this game to hell when playing :) but when you get the solution of a puzzle there's some proper sense of success. And the game is packed with philosophy and backstory (that's completely optional but adds some interest to it). Maybe a bit too much philosophy at times as it seems a bit tacked on but not too annoying anyway. The religious undertones on the other hand get somewhat annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just recently finished playing skyrim for the third time. finished as in got bored. got to lvl 56 this time :)

IIRC I got to level 90 or so on my first, about 100 on my second. After that it's been just testing to get a good mod setup (trying to stay at around 100 useful ones). Now it's uninstalled and on hold until it tempts me to come back again :P

And oh, reinstalled Steam again some time ago as The Talos Principle was still unfinished. Now I've got all three endings and it's just about as finished as it can be. The Road To Gehenna DLC is next but what little I tried of it so far has been much trickier than the main game.

IIRC I got to level 90 or so on my first, about 100 on my second. After that it's been just testing to get a good mod setup (trying to stay at around 100 useful ones). Now it's uninstalled and on hold until it tempts me to come back again :P

damn. pc or console? pc here. i cant even imagine how tedious it must be to level to 100.

i guess if you focus-level all your skils one at a time it goes pretty fast but thats boring. crafting 1000 daggers for each armor type for example, was never my thing :)

first time around i think i got to about 65 before i called it. by then i had 100 in everything useful, and i killed dragonpriests on legendary in a few free-to-cast incinirates.

so it got kinda boring.

second time was alot more fun, as i gimped my character by choice, like leveling up only useless skills, while keeping my main skills low. hehe.

by the third time around i dont think there is anything left on the map to clear, and ive done all the questlines.

of course there are quests left, but yeah, id say im pretty much done with skyrim now :) epic game though.. oblivion too.

cant wait until their next epic elder scrolls game, as i am not a fan at all, of Fallout 3 and 4.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone playing bo3 on pc? i wanna have a friend for zombies! its scary to go alone and boring to go with 3 randoms. always disagreements (now when zombies is a freaking puzzle and not just survival) and fights break out easily. i.e 4 ppl with their own idea on how to play it..literally :/

some people wanna go rituals immediately, some wanna wait until wave 3, and well, its just waaay too much room for disagreement to play with 3 randoms :/

a shame, bo2 zombies were alot more straight forward, but also easier to grow bored from.

Finished the puzzles part of Road To Gehenna a few days ago. Much more difficult than the main game, but not impossible. Now the stars, that's a whole different story and it seems you need to be a mind reader to get them all and the challenge:fun ratio is so high it's not even fun anymore, so screw that. I give up.

And well, after some Steam refunds and tinkering and more games on sale, these are next in line (probably enough for most of the year as I'll take a break for now)

Mass Effect + Mass Effect 2 (maybe I'll get ME3 some day but it's not on Steam)

Life Is Strange

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

And the inevitable Rise Of The Tomb Raider sometimes later (played all of them since back when the first one came out, uh, 20 years ago...and I still have the first game on its original CD-ROM).

I tend to play one game at a time. Recently it's been Bloodborne, but after rebuilding my main desktop (for music & gaming), I started back in with Diablo III. I quit D3 ages ago as I had done everything 100x over, but so much has changed that I'll probably be spending some time in it again.

i just started playing again since 2.4 came out, played 2.3 to death so had to break. have 1000 hours on my wiz :)

add me if you want, could boost some lower lvl chars or we could just casualplay some rifts or something.

agentpewpew#2358

Sent request, will be from Mbwun#1780

I just realized they switched the bonus for both Zunimassa's and Aughilds. So now I have to craft an Aughild chest piece and roll it until I get 15% fetish army damage...

Oh, nevermind. The ring fixes that. All good.

It's been a while for me ;)

When Paragon was first introduced, before they nerfed the hell out of it and made it easy, I got a Witch Doctor and Wizard to paragon 100, a Barbarian to paragon 70 something, and a Monk into the 60's. Then they nerfed it and made paragon account wide and made the XP a lot easier to get. After greater rifts were introduced, I pretty much quit the game when I realized that the only thing left to do was go deeper into the rifts (I think I got to level 37 or so in a GR).

So, a couple years later, and it's 2016. So a lot has changed. I'll play until I get burned out (again).