Videogames official thread

Ormion

Finally got Skyrim into such a state of completeness (you can't ever really "finish" it per se it seems) that I deleted all my savegames and uninstalled it. Clocked in some 800+ hours all in all, playing it twice from the beginning.

Now I'd still have BioShock 2 (yes, I'm years late for that) and Infinite. But I think I'll take a break from gaming for now.

Also some unfinished games in my Steam library but they'll remain unfinished for a reason. The reason being "they're crap" :)

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yea, the first time playing is hard but so much fun. I remember so many good moments where I was stuck at a boss for hours or days. Sen's Fortress was probably the worst spot for me, got lost there far too many times.

Yeah, at first I thought Sen's Fortress would be the moment I'd finally go "you know what...fuck that game". But it was actually quite easy & the golem boss was a cakewalk (for me, at least).

And then.......then I got into Anor fucking Londo. And I met Ornstein & Smough.

...Yeah.

Oh Ornstein & Smough, what a fun bunch, hahah. What I figured is to take the fight slowly, don't rush. I usually go for Smough first then Ornstein, usually for the armor.

Oh Ornstein & Smough, what a fun bunch, hahah. What I figured is to take the fight slowly, don't rush. I usually go for Smough first then Ornstein, usually for the armor.

Even if I didn't rush things, I'd eventually make a tiny mistake and they would then proceed to gangbang me thoroughly. I tried lots of different weapons & movesets, tried to get Smough first, Ornstein first, using pillars, tried naked runs for fast-rolls. I think I spent in total all my evenings the past week trying to get past them.

Then I had enough -- I summoned Solaire and "sacrificed" him on the first phase of the fight. It allowed me to deal with only one boss quickly and then engage phase 2 at 100% life / 10 estus. Which eventually gave me victory.

I swear by the end of that fight my hands were shaking and my heart rate went through the roof. Been a loooong time since a video game did me that.

Even if I didn't rush things, I'd eventually make a tiny mistake and they would then proceed to gangbang me thoroughly. I tried lots of different weapons & movesets, tried to get Smough first, Ornstein first, using pillars, tried naked runs for fast-rolls. I think I spent in total all my evenings the past week trying to get past them.

Then I had enough -- I summoned Solaire and "sacrificed" him on the first phase of the fight. It allowed me to deal with only one boss quickly and then engage phase 2 at 100% life / 10 estus. Which eventually gave me victory.

I swear by the end of that fight my hands were shaking and my heart rate went through the roof. Been a loooong time since a video game did me that.

Oh ya, I just love that about the Fromsoft games, that sense of accomplishment you get when you finally beat a boss. One thing that I found real funny is how it only took me two tries to beat Gwyn (using the parry route). I still need to beat the 4kings on my Pure Black run, haven't beaten it yet because either it would be glitchy and the Summon and I would be screwed or the red phantom darkwraiths oneshot us before we can reach it.

So, i just told the boss ill take 2 days off from work when

The Witcher 3 will be out next week !!:)

So hyped for this game, witcher 2 is my second fav game of all times, and this one has

the potential to kick half life from the first spot.

<--HYPED

Teah TW3 looks amazing, wasn't a big fan of the 2nd (I always prefered the 1st one and its grittier, darker atmosphere, even with its stupid combat system). Only problem is the required specs..no way my PC is capable of handling that hahah.

• Like 1

Teah TW3 looks amazing, wasn't a big fan of the 2nd (I always prefered the 1st one and its grittier, darker atmosphere, even with its stupid combat system). Only problem is the required specs..no way my PC is capable of handling that hahah.

The Witcher 1 was realy good, but that pathetic combat system realy turned the

game down a bit for me, but the story development was a real treat !

Gonna pick up the collectors edition for that amazing art book that comes with it :)

Some highlights from my current Steam wishlist, won't get anything new before autumn anyway as I spent most of this winter inside with my games :) Now it's summer, parties, gigs, festivals, fresh air, sunshine (hopefully) :D

Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin (was about to get DSII when I got tired of Skyrim until I learned that they're doing this new version)

GTA V (after the hugely disappointing fucked up PC port of GTA IV, I hope they did it right this time)

Postal 2: Paradise Lost (well the original P2 was hilarious, this should be good :)

Styx: Master Of Shadows (my characters in Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas turned sneaky, so this might be just up my alley as it's sneaky by design)

Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell (maybe an overpriced DLC disguised as a standalone game but I just adore the silliness of SR, will probably wait until it goes on sale)

Get a PS4 so you can also get Bloodborne... Imagine... Bloodborne AND The witcher 3! hehehe

I am going through the borderlands handsome collection at the moment, having fun with the psycho in borderlands 2 and the enforcer in borderlands the pre-sequel. Amazing how much value you get for your money with that collection!

I'm going to keep the witcher 3 for my summer holiday, as I want to dig in deep from the get-go :D

Get a PS4 so you can also get Bloodborne... Imagine... Bloodborne AND The witcher 3! hehehe

I am going through the borderlands handsome collection at the moment, having fun with the psycho in borderlands 2 and the enforcer in borderlands the pre-sequel. Amazing how much value you get for your money with that collection!

I'm going to keep the witcher 3 for my summer holiday, as I want to dig in deep from the get-go :D

Lol, please don't tempt me with Bloodborne, I struggled hard not to do any impulse-purchases so far... :P

Im almost 10 hours into The Witcher 3 and all i can say is that this game is simply out of this world !

The graphics are sooooooo good, everything looks like a postcard, the story and side quests are fun

And the combat system is superb.

Im still miles from completing this but if this one does not have a realy crappy ending like Mass Effect 3 did

Then this will be my alltime fav game.

This game is a must play.

10/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eh never been a Doom fan, so I can't say much about it. But I'm pretty excited for Dark Souls 3. Fallout 4 seems nice but I will have to wait till it comes out to make a final verdict. I was a bigger fan of New Vegas than 3.

But I'm pretty excited for Dark Souls 3.

Praising intensifies.

As for the Fallout series, they've been pretty much "meh" since Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel. The 3rd episode from Bethesda was plain bad, with some really god-awful writing. Oblivion-with-guns HO !

New Vegas was pretty cool though, but it was Obsidian who developed it and since they parted with Beth on bad terms, unfortunately they won't be in for the 4th episode.

I just bought a PS4 last week with The Witcher 3. It really is excellent, both technically and with regards to writing / plot development. The combat isn't as tight as Dark Souls (which i've been used to playing for some time) but i'm ok with that.

Games that I am hyped for:

Fallout 3
No Man's Sky (equal parts concerned however that scope like this will leave gameplay as an afterthought)
Dark Souls 3

The Last Guardian