Videogames official thread

Ormion

Crysis 2 is real easy to learn. Standard control layout, plentiful ammo, obvious missions so the game can be played by an idiot IMHO.

I've never seen better graphics in a game and that's the reason I got it.

Agree, that's exactly what I was looking for, just tuning into the game and off we go, nothing to special or to learn.

My latest positive shooter experience was quake, like I mentioned, so I don't want to spend hours, searching how it all goes.

Thanx for the recommendation, I'm enjoying it big time :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought a 27 inch Acer lcd screen with 2 X HDMI :D

So I can play xbox again, I've can at last play GRID (codemasters) again, it's almost finished,

Now Dirt III (which is not so good I heard) but I love race games and Formula 2012

I just bought a 27 inch Acer lcd screen with 2 X HDMI :D

So I can play xbox again, I've can at last play GRID (codemasters) again, it's almost finished,

Now Dirt III (which is not so good I heard) but I love race games and Formula 2012

Dirt 3 is nice, hasn't played it much thou.. Kenny block yeeeeeeaahhh!! F1 2012 is amazing.. If u r an F1 fan, u'll love it.

Dirt 3 is nice, hasn't played it much thou.. Kenny block yeeeeeeaahhh!! F1 2012 is amazing.. If u r an F1 fan, u'll love it.

Great to hear, I'm visiting a friend next weekend who has then and I can try them for a month.

Try before you buy. Can't wait :)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I second that, I started playing Pillars recently, and it's nice to have a Baldur's Gate-like title after all these years.

Other than that, these days I'm getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter with Dark Souls 1. Fun times, fun times.

Other than that, these days I'm getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter with Dark Souls 1. Fun times, fun times.

Oh boy, if you have the game on pc you should try out the pure black run. It's pretty much New Game +7, Aggressive Mod (which changes how the enemies react, they can detect you from further range and they will kick your ass on ng+7), and the self-gravelording mod which adds red phantom enemies in the game which usually only appear if you get gravelorded by other players. Overall, it's tons of fun and frustration. Still haven't beaten it yet because the game got very glitchy when I tried to do co-oping to get help with the 4 kings.

Here's a funny and good video series on the run:

Oh boy, if you have the game on pc you should try out the pure black run. It's pretty much New Game +7, Aggressive Mod (which changes how the enemies react, they can detect you from further range and they will kick your ass on ng+7), and the self-gravelording mod which adds red phantom enemies in the game which usually only appear if you get gravelorded by other players. Overall, it's tons of fun and frustration. Still haven't beaten it yet because the game got very glitchy when I tried to do co-oping to get help with the 4 kings.

Here's a funny and good video series on the run:

Funny you mention that -- a buddy of mine just suggested me the very same thing a couple of days ago (aggro mod + perma gravelord). But to give you a rough picture of my overall suckyness, I'm still on my first run ever, getting owned by the Stray Demon in the Asylum part II (never thought I'd go back there!)

Still, I'll keep that in mind :D

Oh yea, the first time playing is hard but so much fun. I remember so many good moments where I was stuck at a boss for hours or days. Sen's Fortress was probably the worst spot for me, got lost there far too many times.

• Like 1

Ever since I had to install Steam with the Tomb Raider reboot about 1,5 years ago I've gotten back into gaming again after a long long pause.

Notable games (edit: the ones I've finished) from my Steam library:

Tomb Raider

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Hitman Absolution (even if it was way too linear)

Max Payne 3 (fun but as above, even more linear)

Trine

Alan Wake (freakishly good game, American Nightmare on the other hand was utter crap)

Unreal Gold (what a classic!)

Saints Row 3 & Saints Row IV (tongue in cheek and over the top to the max)

Dishonored (still need to play the DLCs some day)

Portal & Portal 2

The Stanley Parable

Fallout New Vegas

Alice Madness Returns

Skyrim (750 hours in-game the past 6 months I've had it, yes it's addicitive)

Now iam playing cities:skylines.

But iam a fan of point and click adventures since 1993! :-)

Very good city builder! I like it alot. And it's easy to mod too. I see great potential in that game.

I'm being totally butchered by bloodborne at the moment. It's a mystifying experience tough, and probably atmosphere-wise one of the very best games I have ever played. It's tough as nails (I haven't played any of the dark or demon souls games yet, though dark souls 2 is coming to ps4 as well), but it's so addictive, it really sinks it's teeth in you, deep.

Recommended!

Now iam playing cities:skylines.

But iam a fan of point and click adventures since 1993! :-)

Day of the Tentacle for life ! :D

I'm being totally butchered by bloodborne at the moment. It's a mystifying experience tough, and probably atmosphere-wise one of the very best games I have ever played. It's tough as nails (I haven't played any of the dark or demon souls games yet, though dark souls 2 is coming to ps4 as well), but it's so addictive, it really sinks it's teeth in you, deep.

Recommended!

Man, I wish I had a PS4 for that title... I still have Dark Souls 1 / 2 & Demon's Souls to beat, but Bloodborne oozes such an atmosphere... I must not give in to temptation :P