Videogames official thread

Ormion

There are two excellent sci-fi racers on the PS4.   Wip3out Omega & Redout.

Wip3out Omega - Sol

Redout - Lunar Speedway track  
Redout - Vertex Boss
Redout - Neptune Boss

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mallenaut said:

Redout looks really nice, haven't heard about this one before. And it's also in sale right now for just 10.99€!

Worth it.   I bought it on PC, and then PS4 when it came out for it.  Excellent game.

4 hours ago, Mallenaut said:

Shenmue is one of my favourite games, can Yakuza keep up?

Yakuza is fun.  Shenmue is special though... I used to live about 15 minutes North of that town (Yokosuka) back in the 90s.   So when I played that game, I knew the neighborhoods. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 10:22 PM, Redo said:

Yes, although they aren't that similar. Give it a shot. The story is really good, side missions are hilarious, and you get to beat up 5 year old kids in hot wheels style racing.

Just finished the first chapter of Yakuza Zero and I'm hooked. It's really an awesome game so far.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:44 AM, Rasalom said:

Yakuza is fun.  Shenmue is special though... I used to live about 15 minutes North of that town (Yokosuka) back in the 90s.   So when I played that game, I knew the neighborhoods. 

This must have been a special Experience for you. 

Did you also look for sailors?

2 hours ago, Mallenaut said:

This must have been a special Experience for you. 

Did you also look for sailors?

That town is covered with sailors.   There's a joint JMSDF & USN base there, so both Japanese & US sailors all over the place.    

51 minutes ago, Redo said:

Glad to hear. If you want more Yakuza after you finish Zero, try Yakuza Kiwami 2, its considered one of the best in the series.

I already bought Yakuza Kiwami, and hopefully, when I'll finish 0 and Kiwami 1, that while playing Yakuza Kiwami 2, the remasters of the third, fourth, and fifth part will be released.

• 5 months later...

I bought Odfworld's New & Tasty a ling tome ago on my phone, but i a bought s laptop a few days ago so I bought Redout Enhanced for only 4 dollars...https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/5280-buy-key-steam-redout-enhanced-edition/ Steam. And I intend on buying the Oddworld bundle...

ESPN Xtreme sports PS1 game.. I got a kickbike a few years ago and live among valleys with bikelanes :D I dont hit ppl

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

During the last two months I was mainly playing Elder Scrolls Online on the PS4 and Animal Crossing on the Switch. Both games are awesome!

• 1 month later...

Borderlands 3 :rolleyes:

2nd one was better ... but I still like it. And no, I'm not a total crack for it ... I just like it because on normal playthrough it's a more or less relaxed PvE shooter that doesn't take itself serious ... I have stopped with PvP shooters, those have become too stressful for me.

modding fallout 4 was a pain in the ass too. btw i noticed fa4 got alot of hate, but i thought that one was even better than new vegas. never understood why people thought that was so much better, was it the story? couldnt have been the gameplay. fo4 was incredible! i mean it had issues but beside that. nv had tons of issues too. but fo4 was truly spectacular and i cannot understand the hate on that one from FO fans.

2 hours ago, astralprojection said:

modding fallout 4 was a pain in the ass too. btw i noticed fa4 got alot of hate, but i thought that one was even better than new vegas. never understood why people thought that was so much better, was it the story? couldnt have been the gameplay. fo4 was incredible! i mean it had issues but beside that. nv had tons of issues too. but fo4 was truly spectacular and i cannot understand the hate on that one from FO fans.

The mood in the Far Harbor expansion was amazing, some true Bioshock type shit :) I think FO4 had amazing environments and it just felt incredible to explore. The lore and artwork/attention to detail was very good. I don't think the main story line was anything to care about, this type of game to me was always about wandering around, messing with stuff. :) The human characters/mutants were the weakest part of the game besides the "story". The best part was the synthetics, and the plethora of weird creatures and robots.

And I always though the world in the Fallout games would make for a really interesting setting for a TV-series, and lo and behold, I read just the other day that something within the Fallout world is planned for that format.

I don't play video games anymore, because I think it's a way too absorbing/engrossing "hobby"(more of lifestyle really) And netflix alone is more than enough to keep you entertained. But yeah I will say there was some amazing games made for the ps4 era. Bloodborne in particular stands out for me.

• Like 1

Last games i played: Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Full Throttle Remastered, Samarost 3, Broken Sword 2, Kathy Rain, Gabriel Knight 1, Broken Sword 5, Age of Empires 2 Definitiv Edition.