Videogames official thread

Ormion

On 4/26/2018 at 8:30 AM, Proxeeus said:

Well, only 4 games on your PC, true...but they're top-quality :D Haven't played DK in years as well, what an incredible game that was.

If you'd like to join a PBEM game of Age of Wonders or Shadow Magic, you're more than welcome to drop by the forum at: https://www.gog.com/forum/age_of_wonders_series#1526992364

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'll always will miss to play this brilliant game:

And looking forward to play Abe's Oddesy again .... Any day soon now

What happen to FFIV remake? Its a year or two delayed now? Good, dont have the money to buy a PS4-5 now anyway.

• 3 months later...

Been tying up some loose ends these past few weeks, which means that now I've finally finished all Tomb Raider games (excluding the newest Shadow Of The Tomb Raider of course).
These were the ones still unfinished:

Angel Of Darkness: The absolutely worst of them all. The controls are absolutely horrible, the level design just plain sucks, the enemy AI is dumb as a rock, the story is just crap. And that new playable character Kurtis Trent is a hopeless failure, and the rather obvious sexual tension they tried to create between him and Lara is just plain ridiculous.

Anniversary: People don't seem to like this one too much, but I found it enjoyable and a nice interpretation of the first TR game. Sure, the controls are a bit odd and the combat auto-aiming is somewhat wonky when you have too many targets at once but that wasn't nearly as bad as in AOD. And yes, the last level is a bit of a torturefest with some really tricky and too tightly timed sequences; there's one particular timed grapple jump sequence that lots of people have troubles with, I finally made it after over 10 years (yeah, I last played this when it came out in 2007 and never made that particular jump no matter what I tried).

Underworld: Got stuck in the Mexico level 10 years ago because of my arachnophobia and some nasty huge spiders (I was completely unable to continue back then). Apparently enough hours in Skyrim (and The WItcher 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur to some extent) have desensitized me a bit so this wasn't so bad after all. A bit too short to my tastes (finished it in about 12 hours) and the story was a bit meh, but at least it brought some closure to what started in Legend (and the Natla part in Anniversary).

And then for some nostalgia: A friend of mine got a Super Nintendo a while ago. Now we're replaying all the Donkey Kong Country games , 2 player co-op of course (it's been 20 years since my last time with these games) :)
I'm trying to find a copy of Yoshi's Island (for a reasonable price) to play after the DKC project is over.

On 8/1/2016 at 11:35 PM, Paul Eye said:

And for the record, I deleted Skyrim from my Steam library. Almost 1500 hours was enough. There's a Special Edition coming up but I'm going to pretend that it doesn't exist :lol:

Well, obviously that didn't last long. Of course Skyrim is back in my Steam library. I think I re-enabled it when I found out about Enderal, or then I just wanted SE for free after all :D
Haven't played SE that much, I have a bit of an itching to start modding it, but it seems that not all mods I consider essential have been ported to SE yet. The most positive surprise though is that Wyrmstooth has been ported, I thought I'd never see that one again when the original mod/expansion was deleted from practically the entire internet a few years ago.

43 minutes ago, Paul Eye said:

Well, obviously that didn't last long. Of course Skyrim is back in my Steam library. I think I re-enabled it when I found out about Enderal, or then I just wanted SE for free after all :D
Haven't played SE that much, I have a bit of an itching to start modding it, but it seems that not all mods I consider essential have been ported to SE yet. The most positive surprise though is that Wyrmstooth has been ported, I thought I'd never see that one again when the original mod/expansion was deleted from practically the entire internet a few years ago.

Yep -- been a couple of years since my last foray into Skyrim, but with SKSE being finally available for the Special Edition, now might just be the time to reinstall and take a virtual stroll in Solitude again :D

• 2 months later...

Holy. I didnt know. I loved the original Oddworld 20 years ago.. Ive never played any of the bonus (followup) games..and never got around to play the highly recommended New n Tasty (upgrade of the original game) .. but for this, and whenever FF7 remake gets released... i will buy a new PlayStation.. Then i can hope for a Great new WipeOut as well.. what OST  http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/

OWSS_Abe_Facebook.jpg

ABEFACE_8291.jpg

tPlc9lk.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The thing I hate the most about TR: Anniversary is the last mission. The timed jumps aren't actually that bad, but the disappearing floor with annoying flying creatures throwing fireballs at you are just a nightmare to deal with because of the aiming mechanics in the game. Otherwise, the puzzles are fun, some obvious and some less obvious opportunities for shortcuts to shave off valuable seconds on your times. Speedrunners abuse the f* out of the bugs in that game, though, I want to get good times with not too much abuse.

Bought Witcher 3 during the Lunar New Year sale on steam, now all I need is bloody free time .. lots of it

8 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

Fucking hell. Enderal: Forgotten Stories was released a few days ago. Might be time for a third revisit to this game soon XD
https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

Pretty amazing how good they can make this game look on such an old, broken-ass engine. I may need to check this out !

Uh, I did try Anthem.. for about 2 hours ..of which at Least an hour consisted of loading screens. There was no chat in an online game, that one was really strange to me. Perhaps, they fixed tons of stuff, but I won't support this game. You just don't release an incomplete game, period. Perhaps, in a year.

Oh fuck, Enderal's got an update. I need to make myself a schedule so I can playthrough all the games I want, there are too many :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mallenaut said:

Already got this one, the art style is just amazing. Hopefully it won't be too hard. (I know, I know: get gud).

Did you also get the DLC?    The final boss is quite tricky.   Ludwig is also quite the challenge early on in the DLC.   

The entire game is a masterpiece.