Videogames official thread

Ormion

Axiom is excel nothing 2 add mateloved it

Currently in rotation:

Playstation 4: Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Alienation, Dirt Rally

Playstation Vita: Axiom Verge, Shovel Knight

Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet: Lara Croft GO, #Sword & Sorcery

Yeah, I'm a Sony / Playstation fanboy :P

I have a vita and while I love it, I've struggled to find good games for it. In Japan it's nothing but Japanese RPGs that I don't understand. Any recommendations for games with English?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh shit, The Witcher trilogy is on sale on Steam. ~26€ for all 3 games (excluding the season pass for W3).

I...guess the rest of the year is booked for me >_> (I do have a gig coming up in 2 weeks, but after that, nothing :)

Oh shit, The Witcher trilogy is on sale on Steam. ~26 for all 3 games (excluding the season pass for W3).

I...guess the rest of the year is booked for me >_> (I do have a gig coming up in 2 weeks, but after that, nothing :)

You're in for a real treat. The first one is pretty dated (it actually runs on Neverwinter Night's Aurora Engine, which is clearly showing its age) technically-speaking but it oozes an incredible atmosphere.

The second one I haven't enjoyed as much, it felt really clunky and railroaded (and I hate QTEs with a burning passion). I also felt that it lost quite a lot of

the gritty atmosphere compared to the first episode and tried too much to delve into a Game of Thrones-esque narrative, plots within plots within plots and all that, but that's just taste.

The combat fucking sucks though and that's a fact (especially if you enjoy Dark Souls-esque combat, which I "unfortunately" do)

Blaze through it on easy mode just for the story, dive right into the 3rd one on "Deathmarch" difficulty, and never look back.

The third one...Ahh. This is the real deal. I'm clocking 80-ish hours on it and I only started the first add-on (and I skipped tons of stuff in the vanilla game). Great story-telling, characters, music (Skellige has forever replaced Skyrim in my heart), vistas. Plus, you get to play Gwent and it rules!

Combat is less clunky than TW2 and "feels" better, but it still could be perfected.

All in all, for 26 bucks, you simply cannot go wrong. Say goodbye to any other games you might have planned on playing this year :)

• Like 1

Have any of tried Overwatch?

Yes.. and I love it.

I always liked to play shooter games, but my aim is really bad.. so nobody else wanted to play with me :D :D

With Overwatch this is no more issue. You don't need to have good aim unless you wanna play McCree.

You can also just spam grenades, scattered to the four winds. Shield/tank enemy damage or heal your team mates.

Feels a bit like Team Fortress 2 (if you know that), but Overwatch actually has a match making system, way better graphics and is a lot more fun overall.

The combat fucking sucks though and that's a fact

Yes. Coming from 1500 hours of Skyrim, the combat in TW1 is just horrible. In Skyrim it's simple: you click, you attack. In TW1, you click and perhaps with a 50% chance, something happens (and in fistfights it's maybe a 10% chance or less that something happens). And I'm not exactly a fan of timed clicks in combat, feels like constant small QTEs. Also, the lack of ranged weapons is a bit meh (again, coming from Skyrim with a preference for sneak+bow). But at least TW3 seems to have crossbows :)

Blaze through it on easy mode just for the story

16 hours into the game on normal difficulty, and currently a bit into chapter 2. No way I'll start over.

But overall, I like the atmosphere and dialogue (Skyrim was a bit too clean in these departments) and characters (for the most part). Dwarves seem to have a knack for sarcasm :D

• 5 months later...

So, after 340 hours i have finally completed The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt, Best game i have ever played.

Will play the two expansions later this year (Got them both for 13usd at GOG ! :)

Nowdays im replaying Mass Effect, getting ready for Andromeda next month.

And im thinking of buying a Playstation 4 soon, my last console was...a sega genesis back in 92 lol, but so much 

good games i have yet to play (The Last of Us.Uncharted).

Will play the two expansions later this year

I still have to do Blood & Wine but I only heard good things about it.

Hearts of Stone was a bit meh, but Blood & Wine is freaking AWESOME. This is how you do DLCs.

Anyway, my playthrough of the entire Witcher trilogy was about 460 hours (finished Blood & Wine around november/december or so).

Currently I'm twisting my brain with The Witness. Very much recommended.

• Like 1

So I hear the remake of FF7 is purspooned to december 2017? Thats a bore. Im very eager to get into a game again and let it be a revisit of this midgard world of FF7 *insert heart*.

I dont own a PS4 but a friend has one, so Im gonna spend time with him soon and play the New'n'Tasty Abe's Oddessy, ODDWORLD! :D Sooo long since I finished that original game. 

Also, santa please bring a WipeOut that blows da mind like the original did back then in the early 90-s. It was best. Non of the follow-ups could beat the first game imo

Skip to 1:36 for the intro video of New n Tasty (same as the original, just upgraded)

I'm one of those people who still play world of warcraft. Also play rust too.

Played this one since mid TBC till the first month of cata, coming back  every expansion for a month or two.

What faction/server do you play ?

BTW 

No Mass Effect fans in the house ?! no Andromeda hype ?  :P