Melancholic/sad psytrance

Walkabout

i see many of those tracks rather as euphoric/simply beautiful morning tracks than as melancholic or sad.

rain? mai mai? spiritual healing? crystal? lubianka? axis v0.99? are you serious?

i'd agree with juno reactor - rotorblade

what i find sad/melancholic would for instance be:

chi-a.d. - pathfinder

poly61 - elämänsä

• 2 weeks later...

i see many of those tracks rather as euphoric/simply beautiful morning tracks than as melancholic or sad.

rain? mai mai? spiritual healing? crystal? lubianka? axis v0.99? are you serious?

chi-a.d. - pathfinder

poly61 - elämänsä

Absolutely, those tracks have nothing to do with melancholy. Granda 98 Remix for example does have something to do with melancholy, it is very melanchoic in my opinion.

Absolutely, those tracks have nothing to do with melancholy. Granda 98 Remix for example does have something to do with melancholy, it is very melanchoic in my opinion.

yeah, that one is more like it (although a bit too energetic imho). still nothing comes close to pathfinder in that respect. in the "right" mix pathfinder can be outright depressing.

edit:

also i'd like to add morphem - hypnotone. it's playing here right now and totally fits the thread :)

chi-a.d. - pathfinder

poly61 - elämänsä

yes im serious

axis 099, spiritual healing, crystal are very melancholic tracks.

however rain and mai mai arent. so you are wrong in lumping them togehter in one sentance like that.

its not fair.

pathfinder is a boring shitty track and not melancholic at all.

now, with this in mind could we all agree that what is melancholic and what isnt is purely subjective.

edit: Hypnotone by Morphem is ANYTHING but melancholic. it has nothing, and nothing at all, to do with melancholia feelings.

• 2 years later...

My contribution to this topic:

Shiwa 2000 - Lonely Man

that said, reply to OG poster:

No way is BPC - Cyclothymic the saddest trance song!

I've always pictured that as just a powerful storm of energy. It's vibrant and alive.

It crashes through the chaos of a tsunami and of the hurricanes.
I agree that it is powerful and dynamic, but much like Process and Tristan's - Dealing with Demons, I don't find that energy to be sad. It's going through something, it might be troubling, but it isn't melancholic or sad.

No way is BPC - Cyclothymic the saddest trance song!

Its not sad but it is very serious sounding. Altho those string at 2:30~ are really melancholic