Pandanandi - Psychic Mothers (Rough Mix)

Hey everybody... I'm working on an EP to release for free this summer, and thought I'd give a preview of it. The mix of the song is very rough; I haven't gone back and EQ'ed and compressed everything right - but I think you'll enjoy it anyway. It's very acidic goa... british style, ala Flying Rhino and early Twisted records. Head over to my Facebook music page, click "Band Page" on the left, and check it out. Feedback is appreciated :D

http://www.facebook.com/pandanandi

if you wanna follow along when I release the EP this summer, feel free to click "like" on my page. Hoping to release through ektoplasm.

You can also get me on soundcloud...

:)

Not bad, not bad at all. I liked it but it felt unfinished. You have good ideas and the basics, like effects, are there but there's room for improvement. I can clearly see what you are going for thou. That's the most technical I can say since I'm not a producer but keep at it.

Not bad, not bad at all. I liked it but it felt unfinished. You have good ideas and the basics, like effects, are there but there's room for improvement. I can clearly see what you are going for thou. That's the most technical I can say since I'm not a producer but keep at it.

Yeah... some of the drums need a bit of work and I want to get some of the acid lines sounding a bit better in parts. Kick drum's also way too freaking loud. I appreciate you listening, though, and I'll keep everyone posted. There's more where this came from.

Nice arange, melodic lines and sound design/fx amazing. But I feel that must be delays for good trippy feeling. But i don't know, if can you find room in some parts of mix for delays/revers.. arrange seems complete there.. :blink:

I'm impressed. It's something special. You must finish it. We are starving for rare music like this so much, so we begin experiments in that direction, to do it for us and other freaks :))

I think after mixing and if adding more fx/automatisation it can be very good track...

I like bass how it is, I don't think this is good kick for this particular balance of mix, it can be shorter and not so much bottom mid. :lol:

There is need some tension, more movement, build-ups, to my taste.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm impressed. It's something special. You must finish it. We are starving for rare music like this so much, so we begin experiments in that direction, to do it for us and other freaks :))

I think after mixing and if adding more fx/automatisation it can be very good track...

agreed. sounds nice is and different to all other newschool goa and reminds me of old stuff very much.

I like bass how it is, I don't think this is good kick for this particular balance of mix, it can be shorter and not so much bottom mid. :lol:

i immediately though "nice kick" when pressing play. imho the kick could be a bit longer, have a bit more low and and to be a bit quiter ;)

There is need some tension, more movement, build-ups, to my taste.

i think it's nice as it is :)

but the individual sounds sound a bit "narrow" to me. i'd either add more layers or let the individual elements take up more space in the mix as to make it sound full and complete, but i guess in the final mix everything will sound like it should.

Shamanix anyone? :D

this comes very close to the old Hallucinogen sound. Closer than anything else I've heard in a long time, and yes, I mean that as a compliment because I know how hard it is to capture that particular sound.

I agree with the others, maybe it needs a bit of memorability, more structure or as open mind said, more tension.

Nice work however, 8/10 from me so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

It'll have a bit more tension in the final mix, plus a lot of EQ and volume changes.

As for the comparisons to Hallucinogen - Simon's definitely one of my biggest influences, so I'll take that as a compliment (as I think anyone would.)

I have a second rough mix of a track online now at soundcloud.com/pandanandi - the track is called "Laptop Minotaur." It's just as rough as Psychic Mothers and needs a lot of volume and EQ work, but Richpa convinced me to put a rough mix online instead of waiting till I release it on an EP later this summer... so there it is.

Have fun listening to it if you choose to go play it... and check out my EP coming out later this year - Psychic Mothers and Laptop Minotaur will both be on the album in more polished forms.