Shpongle Mask

Anakoluth

It's not mass production, this is basic economics!

Especially when it is handicraft.

That's exactly what I just said. I'm attending classes to get a diploma in business science, I'm familiar with the therms. ;)

That's exactly what I just said. I'm attending classes to get a diploma in business science, I'm familiar with the therms. ;)

Great, I've had social economics in the past, glad that's over Posted Image

1. Mass production is when you produce more than one UNIQUE piece. If i was a UNIQUE creation they could probably sell it for alot of money. But when 70 people can buy the same tiny mask I still think it's a high price. But of course each to his own ;)

2. I of course converted from Pound Sterling to Euro as Euro of course is the currency to use in an international forum (Yesterday Pound Sterling to Euro was 485). So I don't get you comment regarding the Pound Sterling :)

1. Tatsu gave a good reply on that; just what I had in mind. I'm a very dedicated nitpicker as well ;)

2. I misread the amount of Euros you quoted, therefore I thought you just changed the currency without converting. Nevermind, then.

3. Still haven't got enough money for the mask :(

well, as music does not sell nowadays, selling merchandinsing can be and option. Many people were asking for the mask

on internet, so here they get it, although at a real collectors price.

I wonder how went for Bluetech giving away a t-shirt with his album, as it seems a really nice attachment to a cd......

well, as music does not sell nowadays, selling merchandinsing can be and option. Many people were asking for the mask

on internet, so here they get it, although at a real collectors price.

I wonder how went for Bluetech giving away a t-shirt with his album, as it seems a really nice attachment to a cd......

I wish more would include a shirt. That would be so nice.

For me that would be roughly $800 for the mask... I would honestly expect it to be the size of the mask they have at live shows for that cost. Even if the artist spent a few days on each one, they'd be making a fantastic turn even discounting what Twisted would pull off the top. $800 for the size of that is incredibly outrageous, even for a collector's item, and it doesn't fit the impact bracket of the vast majority of their fanbase, though I am interested to see how many sell :huh:

They missed a trick here IMO. From the number of people on this little forum alone who have said they would have bought one had it been about £100, it seems to me that if Twisted had decided to keep the price to that level there's a fair chance the Shpongle Mask could have made it into a relatively high-volume, high-sales item, bringing them more money and increasing Twisted's marketing reach. Even without Shpongle's logo on it, it would turn every mask-owner's wall into an advert for the label, and might even have started to accrue a symbolic value beyond indicating affection for a mere band.

IMO, it's art, handmade, so price is OK. Art is art. Period.

That mask will sell in days. If they have a Japanese text, I bet 8 out 10 will go to Japan. Even after the things that went on there, parties are a mix of flea market and dance floor.

Twisted could also build a line of clothing and deco, like spacetribe.com did. I have bought some stuff from them, very nice.

They missed a trick here IMO. From the number of people on this little forum alone who have said they would have bought one had it been about £100, it seems to me that if Twisted had decided to keep the price to that level there's a fair chance the Shpongle Mask could have made it into a relatively high-volume, high-sales item, bringing them more money and increasing Twisted's marketing reach. Even without Shpongle's logo on it, it would turn every mask-owner's wall into an advert for the label, and might even have started to accrue a symbolic value beyond indicating affection for a mere band.

Spot on, I say.

I do fully agree. Maybe for a hand made item the price is ok, but how many Shpongle fans can spend this kind of money nowadays. A cheaper mask would give them more sales and income. Even a big band like Radiohead would not find many fans willing to pay this much.

As I said before, merchandise can help to keep a boat floating, but things you sell to many, not just to 2. Tshirts, concert tickets, keyrings, mouse pads, mugs, some kind of fanzine with interviews, funny stories and fotos. We came to a time where music can not be sell anymore, as the container is broken, and with no container people dont pay for want they can not touch. Maybe like hardcore and punk bands used to do in the 90ties one can take the merchandise on tour........ Black Flag, fugazy, Bad religion, dead kennedys, they would all sell quite a few amount of tshirts in their concerts. Not 30€ tshirts of course but you would see queues after the concerts.

All said, shpongle, younger brother and all twisted crew, even though I like much more their earlier music, deserve all my respect for keep trying to continue with their projects, dreams and visions, and for trying so hard new ways to stay alive and not sink.....

U mad bro?

Some people here are being butthurt about the fact that nothing they ever done will ever get sold for 1/100th of the price.

I've done some music in my life and it was really terrible. People really need to find something they are good in and can get them a decent payroll and stop whining about talented people that actually make some money off their talent.

Some people here are being butthurt about the fact that nothing they ever done will ever get sold for 1/100th of the price.

I've done some music in my life and it was really terrible. People really need to find something they are good in and can get them a decent payroll and stop whining about talented people that actually make some money off their talent.

You definately mad bro! :D

I wonder how many masks are allready sold (if any), anybody knows?

:lol:

Yes, it's too bad some people will never have offers for their fingernail clippings or dirty underwear. Makes them troll on the internet for attention instead.

I wonder how many masks are allready sold (if any), anybody knows?

I was wondering about that as well.

I'd love to get one but no way can I afford that much unfortunately.