What\'s wrong with official free California Sunshine albums

Didn\'t know where to post this and decided here.

A well known band California Sunshine has released 2 (oh, it\'s already 3 of them!) it\'s first albums for free in 320kbps which can be found by these links:

http://www.phonotool.com/promkit_info.php?promkitcode=CAL01&full=true

http://www.phonotool.com/promkit_info.php?promkitcode=2075-2&full=true

There is a full length preview there, so no need to download.

Especially in the first album, you could hear that the kick (drum) is always in the left ear and during the most of the track the sound is always switched to the left ear, sometimes getting overall ok but only almost. However, when I listen to the same tracks on youtube, they sound like well centered.

You can compare right here with their third album which sounds right:

http://www.phonotool.com/promkit_info.php?promkitcode=2105-2&full=true

So are the first 2 albums\'s tracks versions are wrong or was it made on purpose?

Maybe someone would be interested to discover and share..

Update:

After I've downloaded the 3d album, it also sounds like that with the drum kick in the left ear which makes me feel uncomfortable in the headphones (unlike ALL other music I've listened).

In both preview and youtube it might sound mono, so it's the explanation why it seem to sound right.

So, in order to listen the issue, you need to download, unzip and play.

maybe there trying something different. we are so used to the kick being in the centre that when it isn't we freak out. listen to albums from the 60's & 70's when they started to experiment with stereo. vocals one side guitar the other, other people have purposely pushed digital recording so they distorted. it all depends on what the individual wants to experiment with.

maybe there trying something different. we are so used to the kick being in the centre that when it isn't we freak out. listen to albums from the 60's & 70's when they started to experiment with stereo. vocals one side guitar the other, other people have purposely pushed digital recording so they distorted. it all depends on what the individual wants to experiment with.

ok after listening to this most is left heavy not just the kick. maybe one speaker wasn't working properly, they are def in one ear, actually i have no idea.

• 1 month later...

Kickdrum and bass NEED to be dead centre for dance music so that the bass weight is spread evenly on an actual dancefloor.

• 5 months later...

I think they used some badly recorded source material to make the mp3 or something went wrong while compressing. Someone should inform them and have it rectified, otherwise what's the point?

enjoy the crappy sounding versions of these albums for free, but in a defected version..