Arronax - Crossing The Rubicon (Neogoa, 2014)

WAV/FLAC MP3 DOWNLOAD: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/arronax-crossing-the-rubicon

Neogoa is proud to present the long-awaited new full-length release by Arronax (Mirza Aljić), one of the earliest psychedelic trance projects from Bosnia and Herzegovina. His alias Arronax was introduced in 2004 when he started to work on his debut album, Dreamcatcher, which was released one year later on Symbiosis Records. Since then he published various tracks on different compilations before deciding to start work on his second album back in 2011. Now, three years later, Crossing The Rubicon is finally released, ushering in a new era of Arronax’s sound and vision. Mastering by Stryder at Beavernest Atop Studios with artwork by Richpa at Neogoa Design.

Soundcloud | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr

2ih6nh4.jpg

Tracklist:

1. The Beginning Of Our Journey
  2. Reaching Exosphere
  3. The Holtzman Effect
  4. Dreams Of Planet Earth [free download]
  5. Leechers Of Paradise (Crossing The Rubicon)
  6. Lightning Bolt
  7. Crawler’s Pathway
  8. Point Of No Return

• 2 weeks later...

Orgasmic!!!

It`s 100% my goa trance, what I craving for since 90`s! I`ve listening to demos on soundcloud - they are more than beautiful. This is Goa! And guys, do you know what delicious tracks Mirza keeps in his Facebook player? (just amazing tracks I must say). It all must be released. If not, I will commit suicide by Harakiri. :wacko::P

• 1 year later...

Many people asked what is happening with this album and why there is a such a big delay, well I must tell you that some of project files were almost lost due to technical issues but luckly Mirza managed to save most of it and at this moment album is getting finalized, so probably during the spring 2013 we will have all ready.

• 4 months later...

Fuck yes! I've been waiting for this ever since Black Hole blew me off my socks (in fact burned the socks too) on dimensional gateway.

• 2 months later...

244uqs9.gif

We gave 3 free download slots to our facebook members who answered the questions about Arronax and his upcoming album, I would like to give a couple of more on Psynews aswell, so first person who answer correctly on the question will get free download in high-quality formats when album comes out.

The question is: Which stand-alone track Neogoa released by Arronax in 2012? It's an easy one so good luck :)

• 7 months later...

I'm so happy to announce that Neogoa will release upcoming album by Arronax for FREE! Instead of being released only through Bandcamp for cheap price under our sub-label Graviton Records, we decided that we want to give even more and the album will be completly available for FREE DOWNLOAD! I want to thank to Mirza for giving the product of his hard work in past 3 years to our label and to people who appriciate high quality Goa trance music. Crossing The Rubicon is the perfect example of obscure, atmospheric and wickedly acid-driven Goa made for late hours and people who appriciate proper dark sound! Expect this album to be released around late May/early June!

GREAT NEWS!

I appreciate this very much! Thank you guys (and especially Mirza) for your hard work, and make available music for free. I just can`t wait...

Хвала пуно!

Hvala lijepo!

Hvala tebi :)

We will post exact release date in next couple of weeks with more samples from the album :)

Very kind of you :)

Thanks!

FULL TRACK AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD: http://goo.gl/ovO2Q0
---------------------------------------------------------------------
4th track from 'Crossing The Rubicon' - second Arronax full-lenght album, scheduled to be released for FREE & LEGAL DOWNLOAD on Neogoa!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1975000_227024054152902_2139309151_n.jpg

Sounds quite nice, and another awesome job with the artwork. I really like the use of the red/orange and blue. I could stare at it all day.

Well, it will sound even better when we get the mastering done. The album got that nice oldschoolish vibe and we don't want to polish it too much, rather to have that raw and dirty feeling. This artwork is only a quickie for this track, the album artwork will be a green version from the first post, with re-touch on the fonts. Thanks for listening!

I'm not sure how to explain because i'm not familiar with the music production (maybe Mirza will give you a better insight when he sees your post), but what I can tell is the fact that you can achieve retro vibe with a simple trick - trying not to overproduce the melodic parts, especially adding too much layers. Sometimes simplicity can have a stronger impact on the track and/or the story. When we get to the mastering process, I'll insist on polishing the sound-image of the whole album, but without killing the 'dirty' and 'raw' atmosphere of the product!

The track sounds nice, really looking forward to the album. How do you get an oldschool vibe? If you have hardware synths like the 101 it will help but what do you do besides that? Skip the compressors?

Thank you for your interest in the album, I'm happy to see nice comments of course :-)

As for the production part, I must say I rarely (and I mean rarely) use compression on acid layers and melody layers. I try to limit the dB output by reducing resonance where it can be achieved in order to avoid peaking, some folks may consider it as "crude" or amateurish but it's one of those things I prefer doing. It may prove to be a nightmare in some cases for the mastering professionals but I try to work on avoiding unnecessary noise in each sound that I stream through the mix channels. So, yeah, with some proper equalizing and a few simple tricks it's possible to avoid compression and get a solid sound without too much work on the sound itself.

And, of course, as Richpa said in his post above, sometimes the simple approach is way better than adding zillion of layers (although many of my projects have like 100+ patterns lol), but I guess it all depends on the personal taste. You'll probably notice that each of my tracks is distinctive and the sound constantly evolves, the repetition factor is very low due to my wish that each part of the track is unique and recognizable.

I hope this lengthy post was useful to you! :-)

• Like 2