French People Help !

visine

There's this great video of French parties and cool tunes like Doof - Let's Turn On.

Someone put it up on Youtube here:

I'd love to have it in proper quality.

It features shows that were aired on French MCM channel back in the day.

I see someone mention DVD in the description so I was wondering if someone could help me find it if it indeed exists and was for sale.

I tried Amazon.com but I didn't see anything there.

Thanx :)

Hmmm I see there are torrends for it (directly VOBs). But I don't know whether this is the dump of a real DVD or if it's the dump of a DVD made out of the documentaty on MCM. I will check <cough>.

In any case this documentary vaguely rings a bell, I must have seen a part back in the days. But I've never heard of a DVD.

I doubt there's a real commercial DVD out there because if this had been released, it would have been in VHS in the first place, and I don't think anyone would have taken the risk to reissue it a few years after on DVD whereas techno-related stuff usually doesn't sell in masses, especially in France (techno-drug link).

What happens though is that such documentaries are produced by independant companies (like this one) and are first proposed to TV channels, then sold to the individuals or organizations who will make a demand. So even if it was only "made available" in the past through the MCM channel, there must be rights owners who could sell it to you.

So I googled a bit and I see there a guy caled Malek Touzani who did VJing, set and report cameraman. You also learn the documentary was produced by Padprod and MCM. Interesting. So I went to Padprod website and I couldn't find the documentary there. But obviously, if you ask, they must have it on a shelf.

Hmmm I see there are torrends for it (directly VOBs). But I don't know whether this is the dump of a real DVD or if it's the dump of a DVD made out of the documentaty on MCM. I will check <cough>.

In any case this documentary vaguely rings a bell, I must have seen a part back in the days. But I've never heard of a DVD.

I doubt there's a real commercial DVD out there because if this had been released, it would have been in VHS in the first place, and I don't think anyone would have taken the risk to reissue it a few years after on DVD whereas techno-related stuff usually doesn't sell in masses, especially in France (techno-drug link).

What happens though is that such documentaries are produced by independant companies (like this one) and are first proposed to TV channels, then sold to the individuals or organizations who will make a demand. So even if it was only "made available" in the past through the MCM channel, there must be rights owners who could sell it to you.

So I googled a bit and I see there a guy caled Malek Touzani who did VJing, set and report cameraman. You also learn the documentary was produced by Padprod and MCM. Interesting. So I went to Padprod website and I couldn't find the documentary there. But obviously, if you ask, they must have it on a shelf.

Thanks a lot Mars !!

I'm assuming this is the Padprod website: http://padprod.com/

Is that the one you visited?

ahhh McM.. They had my "Keep It Cool" as the signature tune for the show for a year or so. cool channel :D

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbJ-YskV0u0&feature=player_embedded

I first heard 'Atmosphere' on that show... I discovered many great tracks thanks to 'Rave On, The Eye Tech'. A legendary program and those Amiga visuals were so mind tripping :wub:

Thanks a lot Mars !!

I'm assuming this is the Padprod website: http://padprod.com/

Is that the one you visited?

Yes.

And in the meantime I <cough>downloaded</cough> the torent. It's the MCM show (MCM logo in the corner) that was probably frst recorded on VHS (distortions, bleeding colors, etc) znd then someone made a DVD out of it. So eventually I assme there's no commercial DVD of it but padprod should be able to help to get a clean DVD dump of their old betacam (or whatever) cassette.

Yes.

And in the meantime I <cough>downloaded</cough> the torent. It's the MCM show (MCM logo in the corner) that was probably frst recorded on VHS (distortions, bleeding colors, etc) znd then someone made a DVD out of it. So eventually I assme there's no commercial DVD of it but padprod should be able to help to get a clean DVD dump of their old betacam (or whatever) cassette.

Yea, shit who wants a DVD of a VHS haha, I want that 'clean' DVD too!

And I want a time machine that will take me back to France in the 90's when this was made ;)