Is legendary Miranda Silvergreen back?

Procyon

Not what Psynews users would love, I agree. But, then, it's much better than some albums that have been released and get unrealistic reviews here.

I'm not your typical "psynews´er" as I do not share taste with most of what the guys here like :) But come on listen to her remix. It's pretty clueless and utterly boring stereotype "full-on'ish night music - with a twist of dark core". It seem to me she have a hard time making something unique alone ;) IMO of course :)

I like her 95-00 material. It's not the deepest music in the world to be sure, but the melodies and samples always make me smile.

REE K, on the other hand. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm not your typical "psynews´er" as I do not share taste with most of what the guys here like :)

Posted Image sorry, I did not know we had a representative database Posted Image

On topic.

Miranda's older stuff is not bad, When Northern lights was released in 1999, it was good, but imo not overwhelming!

So I'm not surprised that her new stuff is not that amazing.

• 11 months later...

Another one making a comeback - in big style - is ManMadeMan. He is in the Boom Festival goa line-up this year. I just wish Ozora and Boom would book more old school acts, like MFG or Dimension 5. X-Dream will play too, but they keep playing their last album tracks, and man, the vocals and lyrics are horrible. Bring Radio back guys!

Another one making a comeback - in big style - is ManMadeMan. He is in the Boom Festival goa line-up this year. I just wish Ozora and Boom would book more old school acts, like MFG or Dimension 5. X-Dream will play too, but they keep playing their last album tracks, and man, the vocals and lyrics are horrible. Bring Radio back guys!

Bring Drama @_@

Another one making a comeback - in big style - is ManMadeMan.

Oh they never really went away, they have always kept relasing stuff here and there, just on a lower profile. Of course, their style has nothing to do with oldschool ManMadeMan but it's still pretty nice IMO.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPwD3R26Go

this one is actually one of my favorite "warm-up" tracks of all times ;)

free dload available from ektoplazm BTW

Whoa, the new Miranda track is actually pretty awful...

Listening to that, I would buy the rumor of the "creative talent" behind ... he's probably gone now, as one can hear :P

Thanks for the ManMadeMan excursion, it is a great track to get my ears back into gear :)

• 4 months later...

She's always been disappointing. Even back in the days (95/96) she made music to make money.

I disagree. I find her tracks very good and altough simple in sounds the tracks are anything lke commercial. She is surely one of the top old artists, at least in my opinion. Her tracks "Planet Mars", "concorde, "labyrinth", "y0uo are Alone" "Subtropical Rainforest", and "phenomena" are all true masterpeaces and they are similar in style to Astral Projection, so I totally disagree that she is commercial. Miranda is a name that stands for top goa Trance in my opinion and she can compare with the Top artists for sure. and we should not forget about his tracks as Athena. There is one track callec "Croctopus" and in my opnion it is together with LSD, Kabalah, The Feelings and Mahadeva the definition of Goa Trance, If she wants to earn money with the tracks there is nothing to complain. If she makes good music people should spend money on it.

Mmmm, She is similar with AP with the fact that her her tracks are mainly based on melody and fast forward what strikes on the dancefloor.

Some tracks have a great depth but most of them are like I mentioned above. She wasn't pioneering at all but good following.

I listened to her many times but If I'm now checking some goatrance from the 90's I notice Miranda is never of on my list.

There are many other artist that created goatrance with more story and variety.

Then again the choice/amount is huge so competing is very hard.

Anyway If you got good memories attached to a certain album, like me northern lights. Then you/I don't mind at all :)

well, if it is not on your list, it does not mean it is bad. i have shown to friends, who do not listen goa Trance Miranda Tracks like Phenomena, Planet Mars and more and they all loved it. the tracks are also pretty Storytelling in my opinion and they are very emotional and uplifting.