new full-on CDs - I need advice

Guest antic

Hello!

I don't buy compilations (only albums) so just recently I discovered the so-called new full-on sound (1200 Mics, AP, Astrix, latest GMS etc.). I listened to some samples on saikosounds.com, and I'd like you to tell me which 3 CDs of those listed below are the best. Ofcourse you can add your own suggestions (artist albums only!) if you find my list incomplete...

Jirah - Outer Access

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Melicia - Running Out of Time

Eskimo - Can You Pick Me Up?

Dynamic - Dynamix

E-Chip - Stargazer

Fatali - Moments

Thanx.

Guest Dr. Krelm

I don't know very much about the others, but I can vouch that the Jirah album is absolutely spectacular! It is one of my favorite albums of this year so far.

What I have heard of the Psydrop album was nice as well.

Guest Quazzi

You'll only need the psydrop album. Listened to it yesterday, and it's already one of the best cd i've ever listened to. Didn't know such pearls were still made in this dark era; combines the old goa melodies with the pumping bass and kick from the modern trance. You should definitly buy it!! Don't know about the others groups.

Peace. :-)

Jirah - Outer Access

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Fatali - Moments

Those are the three I would get out of your list.

If you are into the 'full-on' sound, then I would also recommend you check out the following two "(artist albums only!)"

Astrix - Eye to Eye

Alien Project - Aztechno Dream

Jirah's CD is golden... first album I've ordered in a long while, and its all good stuff... I can also say that Psydrop sounds real nice though it will have less 'staying power' I would imagine. Still very good. Fear & Loathing is SO catchy.

I would recommend AGAINST the Fatali album... but thats just me. Eskimo sounded ok to me but possibly too derivative. A nice third choice perhaps.

from the listed albums i recommend you:

Jirah - Outer Access

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Dynamic - Dynamix

also check Silicon Sound - Pure Analog - this one is pure jewel :) ; Astrix - Eye to eye - maybe the best full on so far :], 1200 mics album - 9 killer tracks , also logic bomb's 2 albums (they count as full on, aren't they?) - which are my favorite 2 albums

Guest Afterhourz

I'll second Penta.... 10000 times more original than the cd's mentioned above , but if you are going to take one of the above try E-chip for a lovely progressive smooth ride or Melicia but only because of the second track :P

Jirah I don't like, fatali neither, dynamic is a bit disappointing and eskimo , well that(-'s ok for the travelling track and the skazi rmx

Guest Drope

Don´t mind afterours... he wants to take u to prog stuff...

I think full-on sound is hving a nice season... Leting dynamic out I think they´re all good choices...

I´d recommend u buy more than three, maybe five...

Jirah, Melicia, Eskimo <--- if three

plus

Psydrop and Fatalli.

All five are pretty good, being fatalli a little slower... more morning stuff... melicia is all the way up there being mostly 145... Eskimo really impressed me, full of good ideas and breaks (though some may be perceived as cheesy)... Jirah, in quality, is just like any other USTA release, pretty f#cking good hehehe... Psydrop is known for sometime now... Except for psydrop those are all debut albuns (I´m just like u, not a big fan of compils) and I believe full-on is evolving a lot, so much we shouldn´t call it that way anymore... but anyway... expect a lot from those upcoming artists...

Respect