Artist: Sick Addiction

Title: Writers Block EP

Label: Timecode Records

Date: November, 2010

1. Issah Koh Sissah

2. Future Shock

3. Suicide Bomber (feat. Spector)

4. Swing

Timecode has a long and proud history of releasing some of the greatest high energy psy. It's full of power, melody and makes the listener stand up and take notice. As of late, they have gone to a more digital format releasing EP's from the likes of Phyx, Principles of Flight, and now Sick Addiction. This is is the fusion of two Portuguese psytrance artists, Tiago Pimentel (Tryambaka) and Manuel Trindade (D-Maniac). I don't know much about Manuel, but The Olive recently released his 2nd album Replenishing Roots and it was a rollicking good time.

I'm not going to go through the tracks and some might call me a lazy motherf*cker. That's ok, I can take it. I think you're ugly. The tracks are all in the same style and sound very similar. First the good...they are pretty beat intensive and have acid in lots of the tracks. It tends toward the dark side of things with eerie melodies which I like. Now for the bad...it's kinda cheesy. Think the theatrical sound of POF mixed with generic full on. There are samples which are the freshest Nebraska corn as well as stops and starts with the annoying build up. It just wasn't enjoyable to listen to. As soon as it became nicely dark something like the above would come along and ruin the flow. Maybe they are suffering from writers Block. Their album Demented Diary is much better and would tell you to go listen to that.

Beatport

JunoDownload

Mdk