Posted Image

Artist: Vertex

Title: Spliff Science EP

Label: TesseracT Studio

Date: March, 2011

1. In Heat

2. Spliff Science

3. Visionary

TesseracT Studio is the do it all label. Not only do they claim to release music in a lot of genres, but they also have their own mastering facility and their own team of design artists. I've sung their praises before most recently with Questions by the Riddler (Talpa) and the outstanding Vertex debut Ocean. This is Nikola Kozić (Zyce) and Slobodan Gaćeša (formerly of Flegma) with a nice little EP that I recently picked up. It was an easy decision really because their album Ocean was that f*cking good. The have that dreamy progressive style that can carry you away and make all of your worries seem not so bad.

In Heat- You know what this is? It's sitting on a lounge chair on the beach with your toes in the waves while sipping on a beer. It's not too warm and there is a nice breeze blowing your hair. The percussion gives it the island feel and it bounces in just the right way. What it isn't doing is weaving an intricate tale. This is just sit back, relax, and watch the people go by music. Nice.

Spliff Science- Back when I used to smoke weed I did it like most everyone else. Either via joint or bong. To be honest, without going to the net, I don't know what a spliff is...only that Bob Marley used one. This track is a continuation of the first one in its smoothness. It's more detailed than In Heat but still has that sunshine feel the warm water on my toes percussion. There are more layers but still nothing uber complex. It flows nicely and there is even a tempo change out of the break. Nice and postive.

Visionary- I used to work for an eye doctor that named his company visionary. It really wasn't and he was a putz who thought his sh*t didn't stink. That aside, the bass sound is the same with more echoing effects. Again nothing fancy, but laid back like that cool counselor at summer camp. Even when the tempo seems to increase near the end. Not heavy.

So a nice little 3 track EP for your listening pleasure. If you enjoy music that floats lightly on summer breezes than this is for you. If you loved his debut album than this is also for you. It's a nice way to kick off the warmer season. $6.48 for 3 wavs? Ouch, I would get the 320k mp3's.

Psyshop

Mdk

so far just found the one track on youtube.. It's an interesting track but like so many it doesn't stand out as a favorite by any means. For my taste it gets interesting from 5:40 to the end, and it's only a 7:50 minute track.

What does surprise me is the price tag for 3 songs.. when you seriously can get a full length cd for $9 or $10, or order individual tracks for even 99 cents a pop (USD I mean) why would 3 songs cost over $2 each? Especially for something you'd listen to a few times and away it goes to a playlist to be heard at maybe a 30% chance a day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ISMDJAnUNU&feature=related