What ONE song describes you better?

Procyon

In some social networks, such as FB, Myspace, among others, you can choose one song to describe your emotions, personality, your lifestyle. Want to share yours here?

Tell us why you think your favorite song tells so much about you.

Mine is Camillo- Analogical

I feel in love with this track the very first time I heard it, in long gone 1992. It's featured in legendary Trance Europe Express series, vol.2, the one with the turtle on the cover. One of my favorites art covers. I love its suave, slow ambient texture underneath, the relaxing, 'drifting in space' feelings it brings to me, and the lovely, discreet beat. I think it makes me nostalgic too, for it was sort of a healing track to me during a dark moment of my sentimental life. It always makes me calm down, to deaccelarate life a little bit.

Because I, like this song, am fucking shit.

Pffft shut up! Of ocurse you're not shit! That song is annoyingly catchy, I'm sure there's been occassions where I've caught myself humming that tune having heard it somewhere!

That song is annoyingly catchy, I'm sure there's been occassions where I've caught myself humming that tune having heard it somewhere!

It has a tune? I never even noticed.

@ reyu: man, you have a sense of humor! :lol: :lol: :lol: I remember the first time I heard "If I wa..." I couldn't stop laughing. You know, I always wondered what Prince would sound like if he was into psy. He's one of the best artists ever, I love his version of "Crimson & Clover" . Have you heard it? It's touching.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but...

I've tried to discern what it is that people like about the music of Prince and I just can't. Would anyone care to explain it to me?

@ rotwang: I don't think I can explain it. But I learnt to appreciate Prince over the years. I have a friend who has all his albums, and I remember I used to make jokes about him being his fan. Now, you know, I do regret I didn't have the ears to listen to his songs more carefully back then (one example: I love Chaka Khan's "I Feel for You" from 1986, and just last year I discovered it's a Prince's song). I see Prince as a fine writer and musician. His songs are full of twisted humor, funny sadness, laughing love affairs (like "If I was your girlfriend"). Of course he had his lows, like the Batman album, but even that is good. I think this change of mind of mine came when I started listening to black music. My Iphone now has a huge collection of funk, soul, jazz. I think I learnt to hear Prince after that.

I've tried to discern what it is that people like about the music of Prince and I just can't. Would anyone care to explain it to me?

I concur :unsure:

I listened to the video, I found it pleasant enough but nothing about it really stood out. Do I need to listen to the lyrics to "get it"? Because I'm not a lyrics person.

OT: If I had to choose a track that I wish described me best, rather than one that actually does, it might well be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljicApW23Aw

Because it's complex, intelligent, weird, and everything about it is totally awesome.

@ rotwang: I don't think I can explain it. But I learnt to appreciate Prince over the years. I have a friend who has all his albums, and I remember I used to make jokes about him being his fan. Now, you know, I do regret I didn't have the ears to listen to his songs more carefully back then (one example: I love Chaka Khan's "I Feel for You" from 1986, and just last year I discovered it's a Prince's song). I see Prince as a fine writer and musician. His songs are full of twisted humor, funny sadness, laughing love affairs (like "If I was your girlfriend"). Of course he had his lows, like the Batman album, but even that is good. I think this change of mind of mine came when I started listening to black music. My Iphone now has a huge collection of funk, soul, jazz. I think I learnt to hear Prince after that.

I also had two friends who were obsessed by him. He is a genius. He was influenced by soul and funk legends like Sly Stone, Marvin Gaye, George Clinton, Stevie Wonder and of course James Brown. These were all very talented musicians producing and writing their own music. He used these influences and created a distinctive and original sound. If you like soul and funk there's now way you could get around Prince. The music he makes now hasn't been that compelling but he's Prince man, he doesn't have to prove anything anymore. But he still can give some steamin' hot liveshows and aftershows for his dedicated fans.

Wether you like him or not, that's just taste I guess. But you can't ignore his talent.

It was because he did the original batman movie soundtrack :lol:

MMM, Prince, i have his entire back catalogue on vinyl, and the movie Purple rain on my phone, he is just awesome, so talented music wise, oozes sex appeal, says all the things a woman wants to hear, so full of emotion....

Just my opinion...

I listened to the video, I found it pleasant enough but nothing about it really stood out. Do I need to listen to the lyrics to "get it"? Because I'm not a lyrics person.

I'm just talking about the music. I never-never-never cared what lyrics say in my life.

One song ... that's actually very difficult.

I think I easily thought about this for half an hour now...

But I think I have found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEa6_PYc7N4&feature=related

Matenda - Croatian Diaspora

Nevermind the title though, it is not fitting to me. I am not croatian or anything.

The sound, though, describes me well. Easy to understand, nothing complex. Lightly melancholic, but carrying an uplifting side in itself aswell. And I love how the finish slightly indicates that the whole thing's gonna repeat itself over and over. Very nice. Plus it was made from one of my favourite artists :)

• 3 weeks later...