Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Eleusyn

Title: Carbon EP

Label: Joof Records

Date: April, 2011

1. Eleusyn - Arcas

2. Eleusyn - Kosmodrom

3. John '00' Fleming & The Digital Blonde - Oxygene (Eleusyn remix)

Who is up for some more E-mantra goodness?

Posted Image

Ok, ok I see you in the back. Yeah, me too. I recently wrote about how busy I was, but this guy trumps me. Everyone loved the spacious goa trance masterpiece Arcana in 2009 with its spiraling melodies and trip inducing atmosphere. This year he released a downtempo album called Visions of the Past (which I hope to acquire soon) and another 4 tracks with Suufi Astrolab on Astrograms (ditto). Emmanuel Carpus has proven his ability with every track he releases and is one of the pillars of the new school goa trance movement. Can it be called a movement anymore? It's been going on for almost a decade.

Once again he teams up with Reasonandu for their 2nd EP. The first was the very good Phantasm reviewed here. I would describe the Eleusyn project as goa trance with an outer space trance appeal. Sounds great.

Arcas- Like a fat guy at the drive thru I sometimes don't wanna wait and the guys oblige me. The track starts with a nice beat as synths sparkle all about. The main lead shines brighter than a reflection off a windshield as a new one rolls in. It's got a ravey quality to its sound and it builds nicely. It is isn't long before the 303 rumbles into focus providing a nice taste of warmth. The layering is delicious and you can hear the E-mantra sound very easily. It bubbles and flows just the way I like it.

Kosmodrom- I think this one is my favorite. With drums echoing deep in the distance a sample is spoken (I think he says "The Ladies must love" but don't hold me to it) and numerous synths trickle above the bass line. This one is more driving with a darker edge. Nice 303's giving it that old school feel, but also cold space leads making sure you know who is producing this. Hear the guitar riff? It's nicely done, subtle not overpowering. The whole track is seamless and fluid allowing you to just go with the flow.

Posted Image

Oxygene (Eleusyn remix)- I have only heard the Jean-Michel Jarre version so I have no idea what these 2 guys did to it. More layers and more delicate synth work start off bringing yet another space vibe. That telltale melody is front and center and thickened up a bit. This leans more towards psy than goa in my ears, but that's just me. Nonetheless it brings back memories of a time long ago when I lived in Paris with my significantly older girlfriend. It's not bad, but I don't think it compares to the first two tracks.

Anything that has E-mantra associated with it interests me. He has such talent that it's a blind buy. 6 bucks for 3 wavs is steep though but it is so worth it. He has that floating, meditative style that carries the mind away with great melodies and super production. A perfect companion to their Phantasm EP.

GoaStore

Beatport

Mdk

Arcas and Kosmodrom are wicked! They are more psy influenced than the sound of Arcana or Phantasm. But it's great. It adds punch.

I don't think anyone should remix Oxygene. The original is the orginal and the rest can't really move me. Sorry Emmanuel, but I can't like it all. ;)

Stunning EP again!

• 4 weeks later...

"GOVORIT MOSKVA" "ГОВОРИТ МОСКВА"

love this sample. it bring so sweet memories from childhood :D I was born in USSR :rolleyes:

I like hear everything with touch of E-MANTRA. His talent in creating fantastic trance micro-world in track is self-speaking. Nothing to add.

Govorit(i) on Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian means speak/talk it seems that it got similar meaning on Russian too.

Correct. In USSR was only one government radio, it was almost in every flat in 194x-198x.

And before it start to translate news, or something important, there was that voice. He says "MOSCOW IS SPEAKING"

Guest E-Mantra

Correct. In USSR was only one government radio, it was almost in every flat in 194x-198x.

And before it start to translate news, or something important, there was that voice. He says "MOSCOW IS SPEAKING"

exactly :D

• 1 month later...

I like Arcas a LOT, there is a very original melody in there, I'd say it sounds like some crossblend between South African full-on and goatrance, really cool IMO

Kosmodrom up next which is the stormer track in here. I like it but it's not as good as Arcas IMO, I can't quite put my finger on it but something is missing here

Then comes the re-re-remix of JM Jarre's Oxygene. Now I don't know why but it seems like every few years there is some "chosen" track that is remixed to death by the psy scene, I really wish they'd stop doing that, I mean ONE psy remix is enough, no need to have several going around. So if you want a nice psy remix of Oxygene, go for Astral Projection's version, nothing beats the masters ;)