hey all

Dark_Puppy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reported! :mad:

I'm sorry I'm sorry! :unsure::lol:

Finntroll is pretty cool. thanks for the link I've never heard of them.

One band I find myself listening to a lot lately is Allegaeon.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3j0hYhmlCA

Them and Disarmonia Mundi. For when I'm wanting a mix of vocals and a little off the deathcore. B)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnIPvSj0ySk

I haven't been decently drunk in about 2 years. :(

I haven't been decently sober in about 2 years :P

Not good either.

See what I gave me as Member title? I did that while quite drunk.

It was obviously too much again. I will let it stand as a warning for myself...

I haven't been decently sober in about 2 years :P

Not good either.

See what I gave me as Member title? I did that while quite drunk.

It was obviously too much again. I will let it stand as a warning for myself...

never been much on drinking myself. I prefer stonage. B) and even then can't do that either because for years I've been working jobs that drug test and I can get hurt on the job so oh well.

• 1 month later...

Here is something for you. What do you say about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfxjf_7yZVQ

I was quite fond of Annihilator already in the past ... but only recently I got to listen to the King of the Kill tape and I must say it's fucking beyond awesome. I was listening while driving ... and well, that was just so great, absolutely insane.

Even the most intense psy fullon gets crushed to bits by this IMO.

If anybody wants an abstract description of the feelings I have when really upped, this is it. It's fucking awesome. Borderline, I know ... but it's just so good.

Got anything more intense than this? I'd really be interested.

Got anything more intense than this? I'd really be interested.

This song sounds so much like the way Skid Row's Slave to the Grind is laid out..

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9SHMeUhTps

in any event.. there are lots more intense things out there, but what sound are you looking for? Annihilator obviously isn't death metal.. more grindcore of the early 90s style.. when hair bands faded from lack of being hardcore, metalheads were looking for something more intense..

I'd suggest then, a step up to Industrial Metal.. Ministry:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsBvZRXF7A

Interesting parallels to Skid Row there indeed ... but Skid has way less intensity than Annihilator is coming across with (I am, by the way, only referring to songs posted here).

Ministry isn't so much my cup of tea. But Strapping Young Lad shot the buck ... crazy stuff :P

The rest was too goth-dustrial. I like industrial in general, but I like the more mechanic, machine-like monotonous sound. You know, Front 242, Frontline Assembly and these...

What I actually wanted to check out is if there is any trash metal band giving more intense output than Annihilator.

Because even Destruction or Legion of the Damned, whom I have banged my neck off seeing them live, can't give me that punch that Annihilator has.

I don't know if you know what I mean ... energy-wise most Metal bends tend to emit rather dark vibes ... but Annihilator doesn't - the vibe this gives is intense, great, bright and powerful. That's what I mean. Finntroll and those other troll metal bands have it too, but in a different way, because it's not same music. Also Milking the Goatmachine have it. You see, it's not a matter of genre, it's something else. And this is what I'm looking for, kinda. This good intensity, this nice elevating feeling that doesn't make me feel shit about the world or anything, just plain fucking awesome power!

It might sound a bit off the chart what I'm saying here, but this is what I feel about it :)

Ministry isn't so much my cup of tea. But Strapping Young Lad shot the buck ... crazy stuff :P

The rest was too goth-dustrial. I like industrial in general, but I like the more mechanic, machine-like monotonous sound. You know, Front 242, Frontline Assembly and these...

I like it.. I've been a fan of Industrial since Skinny Puppy and KMFDM, Frontline, 242, Leatherstrip.. etc.. Nine Inch Nails (the early years of course, their later EMO crap sucks). Seems like tho Industrial had faded away for a while at least until revived recently with the goth/black metal/experimental bands like Psyclon Nine, Aesthetic Perfection, Sybreed, and Dawn of Ashes.

for a completely fun and goofy experimental metal band check out Circus of Dead Squirrels. Start with 8 bit piece of shit or utopia burning and see if you like it. :)

What I actually wanted to check out is if there is any trash metal band giving more intense output than Annihilator.

Because even Destruction or Legion of the Damned, whom I have banged my neck off seeing them live, can't give me that punch that Annihilator has.

I'm sure I've come across something over the years.. I used to get the Century Media compilations for like $3 a cd just to listen to various bands. Of course that's just one label, but they do have some interesting talent. I will always be a fan of Death, Doom, Black, Thrash, Goth Metal.. so that's the direction I split off to. Just like when I got into Techno, listened to Rave and House, a little Ambient, then moved on to Trance, psytrance.. I don't really pay much attention to the other subgenres as much.

well, just in case you find some stuff that's like the "King of the Killargh" trash, then lemme know :)

Dark Puppy - Your logo looks like a cock 'n' balls. Just sayin'.

Posted Image

you know I've had that logo since 1993 when I designed it.. and in all these years so many have seen it you are the first to point out that it looks like cock n balls.

guess we know what's on your mind! Posted Image

I didn't notice it...

I don't notice such things if they are not totally obvious.

Some years back in the army the commander let me see a picture and pointed in the middle of it and asked me what I see. "A heart necklace", I replied. Only moments later I realized that the heart necklace was hanging between a pair of really fine tits. Everybody was confused why I did mention the necklace, they didn't even check that it's there...

So much for that.

Anyway, this discussion reminds me of this video:

(I don't really know if you can call it "safe for work", depends on you)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJI-o4xXSRg

Guest Euforix

Welcome, welcome! Old skool rave music is perfect! That's what I started with too.

P.S. I noticed your avatar/logo too! :)

• 3 weeks later...

well perhaps it's time for me to change my avatar then lol! nobody comes here to look at cock

been busy as of late.. applying for interviewing for and getting a new job soon, waiting for the woman to pop out our baby soon, building a nursery and strollers, carseats, playpens, all of that stuff. whew!

Welcome, welcome! Old skool rave music is perfect! That's what I started with too.

P.S. I noticed your avatar/logo too! :)

well perhaps it's time for me to change my avatar then lol! nobody comes here to look at cock

been busy as of late.. applying for interviewing for and getting a new job soon, waiting for the woman to pop out our baby soon, building a nursery and strollers, carseats, playpens, all of that stuff. whew!

Hey, it wasn't meant in a bad way, I would have kept it. People would recognize you :P

And by the way, the actual one actually bears far dirtier things :ph34r:

I'm just arsing around :lol:

Good luck for the job and all the best to the woman and the little one ^_^

Hey, it wasn't meant in a bad way, I would have kept it. People would recognize you :P

And by the way, the actual one actually bears far dirtier things :ph34r:

I'm just arsing around :lol:

Good luck for the job and all the best to the woman and the little one ^_^

thanks.. I have a lot on my plate the next few weeks. might have to switch from psytrance to psychill eventually. Posted Image