Hip Hop Recommendations

Laserflip

Lately I'm really into hip hop again. Can you recommend me any good hip hop? Mostly I listen to "underground" or instrumental Hip Hop. Electronica crossovers like Flying Lotus are also welcomed.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRGFH7WkXbEhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=orx265IXrlc

Flying Lotus beat is awesome! Music to drift away while your stoned...

eMC is also quite nice, even though some tracks on the album doesn't do it for me.

Fuck it, I was gonna recommend MF Doom when I saw the topic title, but there you have it... one of my latest discoveries and already one of my favorite rappers.

:)

There was a big Hip Hop thread some time ago, in which most of my recommendations can be found (and I know my shit ;) )

Ch-ch-check it out yo!

And much more to be found here.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also on hiphop , not listening to much stuff because i haven't got too much time , work work work.

Usually i do some beats on my korg sampler if you guys wanna have a listen let me know i can do some records.

Also working with a local portuguese mc but don't think you guys will understand a thing :P .

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

They have been reissued as a double album together. Heavy and energetic street rap, no BS!!

Best N.W.A. album!!!

MF Doom is indeed good!

Roots Manuva!

Cee Lo Green's first two albums are very soulful and funky!

Public Enemy: The Empire Strikes Black & Apocalypse '91.

Ghostface Killah: Iron Man & Supreme Clientele.

50Cent: Get Rich or Die Trying.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PIzn-XtFsA

Came across this guy recently. He's really good...

WOW. This guy owns! His flow of words remind me little of Cee-lo Green. Euh...Who do you want me to call??

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QJdxnc-Y1Y&feature=related

Check stuff by Edan. Beauty And The Beat is fantastic. Hip Hop spin on 60's psychedelia that sounds fucking great. Tasty.

recommendations for mf doom (amongst his many, many identities) are well founded. great stuff. He recently visited oz for the first time but i missed it. Apparently great show, no theatrics or gimmicks just great performance. And yes it was the man himself apparently, not one of the imposters he's known to use in his place!! check out more about this guy, really interesting.

U can't go wrong with Public Enemy and N.W.A, if u don't dig that then :blink: Do check out Eric B & Rakim, fucking awesome flow and great production behind em' with some iconic beats. An all time fave!!

Do check out album by wu tang clan member GZA. I never listenedto the group myself;(wu tang) not cos they were no good,i just wasn't exposed.

Liquid Swords, and its fucking brilliant. Do you know the sample from Adrenalin Drum out of orion's first trak 131 Lords?? If u listen carefully as the sample ends u can actually hear the GZA track start! Sampled from the GZA album not the movie!(shogun assassin)

Also check Hilltop Hoods from here in oz. A top shelf act. :)

50 cent? Usher? Omg exotic what's wrong with you m8 ?

just that one song :D not much of a hip hop person myself but I cant resist a good rnb number with an electronic touch.

Check out Q-Tip's The Renaissance. It's been on my ipod for a while now...Great stuff, you can't go wrong with this one B)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...