What Did You Buy Today?

Redington

Ordered some very good hardware after many years for good price, i am proud to tell:

- CPU AM3 AMD Phenom™ II X4 960T,3.00GHz/6MB BOX Black Edition 45nm (can open another 2 cores and work as X6 with special cooler on more than 4.00GHz how guy from shop told me)

- MB AM3+ 870 MSI 870S-C45 (FX), PCIe/DDR3/SATA3/GLAN/Raid/7.1

- RAM DIMM DDR3 4GB 1600MHz AMD Entertainment, AM000006 (and soon 8 or 12GB more)

- CASE 550W Altos Q6236-A2, Black/Silver

Will get those things by monday :)

- CPU AM3 AMD Phenom™ II X4 960T,3.00GHz/6MB BOX Black Edition 45nm (can open another 2 cores and work as X6 with special cooler on more than 4.00GHz how guy from shop told me)

Cool I never heard of that model before, then again I've been out of the loop for a while, but still.

What GPU are you running with those?

That CPU is in range with CPU LGA1155 Intel® Core™ i5-2310,2.90GHz/6MB BOX 32nm and Intel is 180 euro here now, and this one was 120 but because discount i got it only for 100 euro.

About GPU i keep old for now, and its NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT - 512 MB which i have since summer 2007 and is still ok, will change it for sure in few months adding 8 or 12 GB ram more and cooler for CPU making it X6.

Ordered this http://www.cowonglob...duct_page_1.php this morning.

Should be receiving it tomorrow morning :)

Received this this morning. It took me a while to get passed a few kinks, it was not reading the id3 tags so everything showed up as unknown artist, unknown album and I couldn't connect it to my speakers for a while. The latter was me being dumb and forgetting how to connect it, the former was because I tagged them all in itunes and it didn't like that :P I synced them with another media player and it was all fine.

I never really beleived the quality of the player made as much difference as the speakers/headphones but after hearing this compared to my ipod I can clearly hear that the ipod is shite in comparison.

which one were you thinking of?

Nothing particular yet, but the things I've heard were that these MP3s are really good for more high end hp's.

I never really beleived the quality of the player made as much difference as the speakers/headphones but after hearing this compared to my ipod I can clearly hear that the ipod is shite in comparison.

Coolio! Can you see if the equalizator makes any difference, moreso with bass.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

Returned to Sony Noise Cancelling headphones. It's been many years with many failed experiments into other headphones but after getting these I wonder why I ever wasted my money on other headphones.

It's been many years with many failed experiments into other headphones but after getting these I wonder why I ever wasted my money on other headphones.

Coincidentally, my old home headphones have been falling apart for several years and now I think the situation is getting so serious that even solder and duct tape won't help. (That's definitely serious.) I do have DJ headphones, but they're too heavy for continuous casual listening. What I'd like to get this time is:

- Wireless, digital, RF (to wander around, work on other desks or to lie down)

- Lightweight and comfortable enough to wear for several hours

- Very clear sound, bass response going deep enough for black ambient without distortion or physical resonance. Note that it's quality over sheer quantity that matters here. I can get crap sound with enormous 200 Hz boost anywhere.

I'm visiting Germany next week so they probably have plenty of brands available even for live trial. Nevertheless, a few informed opinions would be welcome to narrow it down. Regarding budget...we'll I'm not rich enough to declare that "money isn't an issue", but I surely can invest quite heavily to a device I'm using several hours every day - especially when it comes to music which is too precious to be constantly ruined by poor hardware.

Any first-hand experiences or other good ideas?

• 4 weeks later...