What Did You Buy Today?

Redington

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I didn't think any thread that I made would last this long.

Chicken nuggets on borrowed money... what a shame.

I didn't by anything today but I did buy some Chinese food (house special fried rice + shrimp roll) last night. Not on borrowed money.

• 2 months later...

The speakers are Elac FS 207A and the other one is a integrated amplifier, a Rega Elicit-R. I had hallucinogen out testing speakers, that why these one won, the treble is amazing! :D I'm really happy with both, got the amplifier used (1 year), the retail price is rather steep, but is incredibly detailed :P every time a put a CD on it is exciting to hear how it sounds on the system, like a kid with a new toy!

Last week I bought one of those small ipod shuffles as I wanted something to kick start my running because I really want to exercise more and feel less crap but it's so boring.

Well I bought it, and it was perfect size that I didn't really notice it. however after one use, it has broken: When I turn it on, I can control it for about 2 seconds before it "Clicks" and is totally unresponsive. So if I want to change the volume I need to turn it off and on again first. It also doesn't hold charge. I should take it back but I haven't had the time. Stupid Apple

Aww... poor you...:(

Walkmans were far superior... i still have one... lol

Aww... poor you... :(

Walkmans were far superior... i still have one... lol

Nah obviously the zunes were the best! (lonely zune user haha). But I really prefer to use my phone over everything else, the ability to manage my music without needing to use a program (aka itunes) is something I really care for. Luckily with the zune, the management and software isn't that bad or annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

That must be nice. I'm not even sure what speaker systems I have in my corolla but it sure is better than my old civic's. I could barely put it on full volume in the old car because of how anything that was bassy would get distorted and pretty much sound like crap.

Novation 49SL MkII. It was the last one at a local shop so they had it at a rather good discounted price. I also happened to have a gift card to said shop so eventually I ended up paying a ridiculously low price for it :)

Had some initial troubles setting it up but now it's running fine. Automap <3

And I'm not really a keyboardist or anything and I haven't been making much music in the past 15+ years, but perhaps this could motivate me to do at least something.

• 3 months later...

Got a white pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones. I had the original M50's until recently my 2y/o son tossed them down the stairs and they broke. Prefer these with optional cords anyway.

Also it's my 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow so also got my wifey some nice jewellery that suits the theme.

where did you buy it?!

I bought it from amazon.co.uk. They don't make a version for the UK market, so I had to pay about 50% more than it costs in the States and it has a US keyboard layout and power adapter. It's worth it though.

ed. could properly use one for work.... if I get the job I am applying, anyways :P

What job are you applying for?

Looks pretty hefty! :D

I'm applying for a postdoc in biophysical lab here in Copenhagen, I'll be handling quite a bit large 3D data sets, so would love to have some muscle to deal with that (beside the gaming :P)... I guess we might be able to get it directly from the States, pretty strange they only make an American version.