What Did You Buy Today?

Redington

Hey that is kinda cool even though I'm not into Kinect like stuff. Does it work ok for everyday stuff? What did u get it for specifically?

I have been tinkering with Kinect for more than a year now, so I like these kinds of technologies. I bought the Leap Motion just for fun, as a programmer I find it very useful to develop new skills and sharpen my coding abilities. And along with it, I can make extra money. I have done several applications for a local interactive advertising company.

Kinect and Leap Motion are inchoate technologies, therefore right now they are not very useful for the regular end user. They promise to augment our current experience and interaction with computers, but there is still a long road ahead before we can get rid of the keyboard and mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Was my birthday recently, budget is tight so just had a nice dinner but as I come from a large family sibling do a Kris Kringle for gifts. I am happy to have gotten a 2 year hard copy subscription to Sound On Sound magazine :)

Also from my folks got a copy of Ableton Live 9, enrollment in a short course on Ableton Live and a pair of ATH-M50 headphones.

Makes life a bit easier, now my savings can go to a good sound card & midi keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's like a tea strainer, but you put the loose tea in an enclosed ball and let it stew in the boiling water for a while.

Yes. I had one that is perforated metal (more of an egg shape than an actual ball), but I thought I'd get better results out of a mesh one, so I went in search of that.

• 3 months later...

Not much except groceries. Making a baked risotto with chicken, mushroom, pumpkin & asparagus for dinner. Am saving my cash to buy some new music ASAP. Makyo has just put out the CD version of Purnima remixed & want the new Suntrip comp. as soon as it's available.