Filmz Update

Ormion

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeview is a whole collection of channels covering all sorts of thing - there's the usual general-purpose terrestrial channels like BBC1 and Channel 4, some channels that are entertainment only, some that are 24 hour news, a dedicated movie channel, and a whole buttload of infomercials, screen auctions for gullible people, women in their underwear talking to lonely wankers at four in the morning and shit like that. So any kind of movie that would be shown somewhere on TV gets shown on Freeview sooner or later.

Here's what I watched recently:

Transformers Dark Side of the Moon- Typical Hollywood overproduced stuff, but the destruction scenes were cool.

Black Swan- Between the director's masturbatory and lesbian fantasies, it was kinda cool to see this chick lose it.

Buried- Thought Ryan Reynolds did a good job making you feel claustrophobic.

Bad Teacher- Had it's moments

Conviction- An hour longer than it needed to be, but good acting from Hillary Swank. Predictable.

I Spit On Your Grave (2010)- Brutal rape turned my stomach but I guess it's as good as a rape/revenge movie can be.

Captain America- Where do I start with how much a load of crap this was? 79%? It's the end of days...

The Help- Didn't get gritty enough with how the help were poorly treated, but we don't want to start a race war do we? Still, very good.

The Triangle- Ghost Ship meets Groundhog Day. Not bad

My brother gave me a whole bunch of movies so..

Mdk

Well, you should definitely keep an eye out for District 9 Wang!

Will do.

And that freeview sounds like a good concept, but only in the UK I presume?!

Yeah, it's great - you just need a one-off payment to buy a box that receives it and then you've got a whole load more channels than the 5 terrestrial ones we have here. Some of the extra channels are really good (e.g. BBC4, Film4). It's only in the UK AFAIK.

I watched Immortals bluray, it's not good as the 300 but i love effects and some quotes :D

I think it was horrible, I hate hollywoods interpretation of ancient Greek culture, just look thoose gods, what am I watching, Twilight? Awful and Titans looks like crap, just like storyline and acting.

Ontopic, I would like to recommend:

Hugo - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970179/

The Descendants - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1033575/

The Rum Diary - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376136/