What are you doing right now?

Insejn

good night.

i'm looking for the perfect chord progression.

i've gone from Gm over various others to Dsus4, Asus4 and A. but now it doesn't want to resolve back to Gm anymore...

edit: it resolves to Dm now. Gm is out.

• Like 1

good night.

i'm looking for the perfect chord progression.

i've gone from Gm over various others to Dsus4, Asus4 and A. but now it doesn't want to resolve back to Gm anymore...

edit: it resolves to Dm now. Gm is out.

Try D (major chord or pure quint), Am (Cm, you stupid dick!) and optionally Dsharp in any order - it should perfectly resolve to Gm then. Gm -A/Asus4 would want to resolve in Dm because they are subdominant and dominant for minor scales in D.

Edited by recursion loop

On my way back from work, at 23:30, again. Tired, again.

Having to deal with idiots all day, again.

Still, I saw up a girl's skirt on the train ;)

Try D (major chord or pure quint), Am and optionally Dsharp in any order - it should perfectly resolve to Gm then. Gm -A/Asus4 would want to resolve in Dm because they are subdominant and dominant for minor scales in D.

thanks. i'll try it this evening. if it works out i'll gladly switch back to Gm (kick drums are difficult to get right in D — they're either too high or too low).

thanks. i'll try it this evening. if it works out i'll gladly switch back to Gm (kick drums are difficult to get right in D — they're either too high or too low).

Sorry, Cm instead of Am. I had not enough coffee when I wrote this.

However you may also try Am for some "edginess". Or Adim

Do Hindus and Muslims usually not play well together?

We did, until the brits fucked it up and created a divide and we like fools fell for it & till now we are killing each other. Its hard to say, there's unity and then there's hatred and clashes, deaths, riots. Somehow we co-exit.

We did, until the brits fucked it up and created a divide and we like fools fell for it & till now we are killing each other. Its hard to say, there's unity and then there's hatred and clashes, deaths, riots. Somehow we co-exit.

divide et impera has been a very successful strategy for easily governing conquered provinces and a recipe for almost guaranteed violence once the conqueror relinquishes control. we've seen and still see the consequences for for singhalese vs. tamils, hutu vs. tutsi but also sunnites vs. shiites vs kurds in syria right now...

really it happened to some degree in almost any larger country that was colonised.

afaik islam came to india with muslim conquerors, lots of wars and violence against minorities. if you say that balance and peace were established some time before the british conquered india i'll take your word for it. there's hope that achieving unity again won't take another few hundred years :)

divide et impera has been a very successful strategy for easily governing conquered provinces and a recipe for almost guaranteed violence once the conqueror relinquishes control. we've seen and still see the consequences for for singhalese vs. tamils, hutu vs. tutsi but also sunnites vs. shiites vs kurds in syria right now...

really it happened to some degree in almost any larger country that was colonised.

afaik islam came to india with muslim conquerors, lots of wars and violence against minorities. if you say that balance and peace were established some time before the british conquered india i'll take your word for it. there's hope that achieving unity again won't take another few hundred years :)

History is not my strongest subject to be honest & that too medieval history, I'm quite ok with modern history though. I'll try to put together whatever little bits and pieces of info that I have along with the current ground level scenario in the evening.

@Padmapani - I'll try to answer in brief :D

From what I can recall , Islam was introduced in India around 6-7 century A.D by arab merchants who settled down on the west coast (first mosque is in kerala - cheraman Juma Masjid, Our PM gifted a gold replica of this to the saudi king last week) but being traders and only confined to coastal areas, the outreach was not great. And then came the Ghazni & Ghouri who repeatedly raided India , slave dynasty's rule began and after that Mughals.

**Before all that we have had many great ruler who were tolerant towards all religions and even encouraged religions other than own.

**Temples , apart from being a symbol of religion where also a symbol of wealth and power, so it was common for a king to raid the temples of other rulers even if it belonged to his own religion.

**Buddhism and Jainism attracted a large number of Vaishyas and shudras (3 & 4th strata of hindu's) so they were not invasive as the upper 2 stratas were usually safe. And due to their constructive work and ideology. Many kings built Stupas, Viharas and Chaityas and so on.. Huge impact on architecture!

**The new religion on the block, Islam. Propagated/represented by Slave dynasty. Dark period for art and architecture. Temples were converted to Mosques. Note, previously they were just raided and may be a name change or a deity change but it was ok as its still a Hindu temple. So this was changing.

**Mughals! There were good rulers , there were great rulers and then there were utter shitty rulers from this dynasty. There were shitty policies of conversion and taxing the pilgrims and religious bigotry and hatred towards other rulers and subjects.

And there were rulers like Akbar - liberal and all encompassing. All the while during this period- Muslim rulers had ministers and talented Hindus in their court and Hindu rulers had talented Muslim commanders in their court too.

But the point is, the poor subjects couldnt care less. Their life was no different, they had to toil and lead a petty life. So there was no communal hatred among the masses.

Enter East Fucking India company! The good old carrot and stick policy.

*1857 - 1st war of Indian Independence. All fought together, Hindus and Muslims with a Muslim general and laws like banning cow slaughter to respect the sentiments of fellow Hindu soldiers and stuff. These soldiers who mutinied declared the old Mughal ruler as the king and then the revolt spread like wild fire.

*Company took note of this and followed a policy of suppressing Muslims and during the same time , it was a period of cultural Renaissance for Hindu. Educated and enlightened intellectuals took it upon themselves to rid the religion of its outdated illogical superstitious stuff. And so the "middle class" Hindu's emerged as an educated class occupying all the jobs in the kingdom.

*This educated Middle class starts questioning British policies and Indian National Congress(INC) is formed. Now, what do the british do.??? Simple, stick to the Hindus and carrot to the Muslims. Bengal is divided on the basis of language and religion, Communal representation is introduced, Pro muslim policy, reservation in jobs, schools etc and ultimately a dream to have an independent state of their own. And of course few weak people from both sides succumbed to this lure of power and wealth which resulted into India and Pakistan.

Fast Forward to present - Apart from China , the only country which we have had constant trouble from beginning is Pakistan and which is the majority religion there? Islam. There has been penetration and cross border terrorism, fringe elements raising Pakistan flags inside India. Result - Anger, suspicion , eventually hatred. But in spite of this there is a very healthy relationship between the communities at the grass root level and even at the urban level.

The real problem kicks in when politicians try to use all this history (mostly the bad part) and incite hatred among the masses. That's it, if people act smart there is no doubt that we can happily co-exist like we always have.

Unity in Diversity!

#FuckHatred

#FuckCheapPolitics

#FuckCommunalism

P.S - I like to believe that we can even co-exist happily with Pakistan someday. This makes me smile :)

• Like 1

:) aren't we already brothers, if we believe in Adam & Eve story. ?

Thanks for your nice words :) in fact it's the other way around. I see you as a cool dude , positive happy & funny!

Legal or not doesn't matter, it's the feeling that matters. You are most welcome to visit this brother of yours in India with my niece & her mum.

Cheers! 👍

Oh fuck! Long post, went with the flow. Sorry :D

great post. thanks, and no need to be sorry at all!

it makes the whole thing a bit clearer now. i didn't realise they switched whom they favoured and have never heard about the first war of indian independance at all.

in school all we learn about india is "there was the indus valley civilisation, we don't know much about them" ---nothing --- "the british came and conquered all of india" --- "gandhi fought for independance peacefully and succeeded, but fighting between hindus and muslism led to the partition into india and pakistan" --- end of the story. if i wouldn't have try to get a more complete picutre, i'd feel like the cliche american failing at basic geography :)

• Like 1

ha ha.. :D

I'm quite poor in the history. I just gave you an outline from the top of my head. I should be able to give a better view by next month.

Many things contributed to the fear of minorities and now with increasing and exploding population (of the muslims, imagine 5-8 children per family!) the majority fears it'll be turned to a minority.

don't spend too much time on that. you already closed a few gaps in my knowledge and gave some pointer to what to look up. :)

it's the same over here (the fears, not the exploding population). people fear they'll become a minority because of muslim immigrants (having way more than the standard fertility rate of 1.4). what they don't see is that the fertility rate drops to domestic levels in the next generation. but those that profit from spreading hate of course omit that piece of information.