What are you doing right now?

Insejn

two people who i shall remain anonymous has graciously offered to help me in my dire situation.

and it really is dire i wouldnt even bring it up if i wasnt afraid it would lead me to my ass on the street becoming homeless.

cause that was a real real possibility.

but thanks to these two strangers, i can now solve the most acute of situations, getting the government of my back, not getting that "mark" (in sweden we get a mark that stays for us three years. this mark means we cannot get loans, credit cards, rent apartments, or basically function normally in society.

Ive had 9 of these marks before in my life, and gotten rid of all of them.

So I really did not want to end up there again.. That life sucks.. Your like in a prison really, cause the government now basically owns u, and collect EVEYRTHING you earn that is over "basic living expendatures". *

i THINK social security in USA is somewhat similar, but i think its better in sweden.

Our "basic living standards" is around 400 euro AFTER they paid your rent for you.

and yes, that has to last for hobbies, bills, etc. And ofc it doesnt.

So yeah, thanks to these two anons, im able to rescue myself from this situation, or at least postpone it long enough for me to rescue it.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you both of you.

I just feel like I wanna cry basically, because im so humbled Im having difficulty even saying the words "thank you" cause they dont mean enough. Theyre not strong enough words.

*very simpflified explanation on how our governmental "collection agency", the mother of all collection agencies, works.

• Like 1

Daughter's bed time. She's upset tonight, crying any time I out her down. It's going to be a long night tonight. And here was me thinking I might have time to write something :(

Daughter's bed time. She's upset tonight, crying any time I out her down. It's going to be a long night tonight. And here was me thinking I might have time to write something :(

Thats okay. Kids are always gonna be the ultimate excuse for anything. but when theyre adults, you better have a better arsenal of excuses ready. :D lol.

Following the Saturday football.

Just seen Yohan Cabaye miss a penalty against his old club which could gift them victory and true hope of survival.

My beloved Derby County (The premier league record holders for worst season ever in every way *proud*) are not in action but it's still exciting.

I am at work, 2 days of work in the middle of a 20 day holiday may seem like cruel and unusual punishment but it's a joke of a day.

I have to check everyone's salary records that are calculated automatically by the system as long as things are input correctly (which they never are)

The time waiting for things to load as I check means I basically have a lot of time on my hands.

Last month I was productive but not this month, I am just spamming the review section with comments on random albums :)

Went to Azuma mountain park a few towns over today. It is, in my opinion, the nicest park in this region (Tokyo and surrounding prefectures). It's green for a start (not all Japanese parks are) it's up a hill with a beautiful view of the town, the seaside and Mt. Fuji on a clear day. The best thing about it though is the climb to it which puts a lot of people off and so even in holiday week it was not so crowded. Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The two other people in my department at work recently left so I'm running the show now. Barely had time to check Psynews, this is the first time I've been to Off-Topic in weeks.

No one at work has any idea how excel works, so it's either do everything myself or allow my boss to totally fuck it and then I'd have to redo it. It's not that hard to use is it?

No, it involves spreadsheets. A lot of fucking spreadsheets.

Oh that sucks!

I can't imagine how difficult was for you to make that decision. I mean you have a PhD in Physics, why the hell are you dealing with a ton of boring spreadsheets? :blink:

• Like 1

For the twentieth summer in a row, the news is saying here will have the hottest summer on record. This year like most if the others it won't be, it'll barely get to 40°C even at the peak of summer.

Being very lazy on the couch. 10 o'clock news or a few rounds of Rocket League. Such a hard choice. I see reger has taken the lead in post count. What an asshole!

Dude, its been like that for years now, youre slow baba!

Thanks. You know, normie stuff, I got 1) a dog )2 married and 3) a baby! We had a big one year b-day party a few weeks ago. Anyone else with kids?

I got a little baby. She's great and all but I still want a dog ;)

I can't imagine how difficult was for you to make that decision. I mean you have a PhD in Physics, why the hell are you dealing with a ton of boring spreadsheets? :blink:

Well I'm a quant so usually my job involves doing a fair bit of mathematics and programming, which I enjoy. But since the other quants left I've had to drop the low-priority fun stuff and spend all my time doing the urgent boring stuff that used to be spread between us.