What are you doing right now?

Insejn

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making stew. It's one of my favourite weekend hobbies. Whereas on many working days the big question is "which 15 min recipe to pick today", stew is from the other end of the scale. Fill the pot in the morning, do whatever you want, add something whenever it feels like a good idea, do something else while the aroma gently reminds you that something good is cooking.

But wait, there's more! Stew is universal. I believe every culture that has figured out how to boil water has also invented stew at some point. It's not a precise recipe (heh). If you have something edible in your cupboard/fridge, you may have ingredients for stew. Whatever you put in there probably resembles some traditional, cherished dish somewhere.

The process is very forgiving too. Depending on the mixing ratio, you may get a thin or a thick variant but it's just fine anyway. Five hours? Seven? Ten? Still good. I just went outside for a walk. It was snowing. When I came back home, stew was waiting for me. Assuming that you've loaded the pot early enough, it's faster than ordering a pizza. Open the lid and it delivers. Stew is the universal symbol of returning home, escaping the wrath of a cruel world and having a warm meal. Heck, it's not a symbol. You can actually eat it and feel totally content with everything for a moment.

A large pot of stew feeds you, a family, some friends, or you again for a few more days. Next day it's still fine or even better. You can even freeze it for a few more dinners or quick lunches. It's cheap. It makes basic ingredients rich. All you need is time, which unfortunately seems to be in short supply nowadays because we're so busy checking Twitter. Now look, you can check Twitter a bit later after filling the pot. Stew doesn't need your constant attention.

Make stew. Feel primal unity with everyone throughout the history who's managed to find a pot and something to put in there. Or just eat some and get shit done. That's what I'm planning to do right now. Thank you for your attention.

• Like 1

Just finished what is probably one of my (now) favorite books, The Brothers Karamazov. Being Slavic and knowing a good amount of history, i recognized a lot of stuff and I just love the whole book. Just wow.

Chilling out online after putting the kids to bed. Shortly I will be taking the trash out before giving the dining area and kitchen a vacuum. Then I plan to hop in to bed and try n' convince the missus I deserve some cuddles n kisses :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today on the way back from work I walked past someone driving a gold-plated Ferrari, and then a couple of minutes later I walked past a bunch of people listening to Tracey Emin talk. More twats than usual in London this evening.

Drinking coffee and wondering if my toddler son will sleep thought tonight after being up & down 7 times last night until I had to threaten to cancel his birthday unless he stayed in his room. Then I was so tired this morning I had an epic fight with my wife.

Actually I'm also listening to a load of Bedrock Records tunes on my headphones & getting off on ModularGrid.

I used a CRT TV until a few months ago when it quit on me. Deciding to cannibalize it, I pulled out the main PCB so I can salvage transformers and heat sinks off it. I also pulled out the speakers. They're weirdly shaped, 1.5" wide and 5" long. I'm designing an amp for them so I can hook my computer up to it & listen to music while I'm working on circuits. I wanted to have something better sounding than the laptop speakers. I could probably get better performance from an IC amp (since they're low power), but it's fun and I can make it with what I have. In simulation I've gotten it down to less than 0.3% THD and about 33% efficiency for a class-AB design, putting out a maximum of a little less than 1.5W to the speakers. Now I just need to find some kind of enclosure to mount the speaker drivers in.

• Like 1

Nice!

I Don't have much knowledge to design them circuits.

But I did build meself a Pass Lab's - B1-buffer! 😊

Does the job.

missed out on a group buy for pass 5 and GR research bookshelf drivers. Would like build these bookshelf speakers someday, they sound pretty amazing for the price.

• 3 weeks later...