What are you doing right now?

Insejn

I didn't have much to do at work today, so I spent half the day trying to figure out the feasibility of a small-scale, electrically-powered hot air balloon. I got myself a bit lost among unfamiliar heat transfer concepts, but I think the general answer is "no, it's not feasible." I may still try to figure out an actual numerical reason for it not to work, unless the random interest bug escapes me and I give up.

i am currently looking at the ironing mountain whilst pondering movie watching and munching chocolate cherries filled with liqueur .......all this whilst typing on here.

I'm heading into Kyoto for our New Year party.

I believed that I would have this day off until 3 days ago when I was informed that I was attending.

Didn't have time to book a bullet train and ended up on a much later than acceptable one in the smoking car. People really should never be aloud to smoke on a train, it stinks to high heaven here.

On my way back from Kyoto. Fit in a little sightseeing before returning to Tokyo.

Last night's party was everything you'd expect from a Japanese management party, lots of sycophantic suck ups pretending they could really appreciate the 200 grand bottle of wine and giving me disapproving stares when I commented to el presidento that it doesn't taste much different from a mid priced bottle.

Lots of speeches, back patting, thanks for this year and please do more next years.

6 separate venues, didn't have to pay a dime.

just in from braving the town via the docs...my shortcut to the other side of the valley was a river! now drinking coffee and thinking about pt2 of the attic clean up operation.....

Boy, it's just my favorite thing ever when I bang my head against a wall for 3-4 hours trying to figure out why my circuit isn't working, and it only THEN occurs to me to try another IC in case the one I'm using is bad. :angry:

:lol: :lol: that or when is simply because one of the cables is faulty

Finishing a house move. Took pretty much all of my so-called holidays. It's amazing how much utter junk one can (and will) accumulate over time - outdated electronics, old clothes, endless piles of papers and so on. In a sense it was relieving to go through that all and to figure out what's really worth keeping. On the other hand, it's always a huge PITA. In fact, toward the end I was so knackered that I didn't bother sorting it properly any more. Bits of useless junk will keep on haunting me.

Anyway, right now I think that just returning to work and having the evenings free will feel like a holiday more than these weeks ever did. Let's see if I manage to do some updating with music and such...

Boy, it's just my favorite thing ever when I bang my head against a wall for 3-4 hours trying to figure out why my circuit isn't working, and it only THEN occurs to me to try another IC in case the one I'm using is bad. :angry:

:D good old analog lab memories!!

you're lagging behind yo! *in pinkmans accent* :D

back from the gym , listening to order odonata , arcturus - 1000 planets . what production !!! im wondring what hardware / software were they using back in 94 ? :o

19km? that's not bad. I travel between 100 and 200km each day for work.

Living in an affordable place requires some sacrifices if one is to work in Tokyo.

We do have great trains though, on one now, first class cabin :)