What are you doing right now?

Insejn

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for my wife to finish stories with my 7 year old son, then I go do cuddle & lullabies with him. Our younger daughter is already down. While I wait I am listening to Mizmor "Yodh" album on my headphones, and working out how to finish a tune I'm working on with the Sequential Pro 3 for an ambient noise project I'm doing.  

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

Just bought myself this little box of fun!

0CC0D79A-AE2C-4C9F-8A37-A1FE59F17942.jpeg

daaymn cool little synthesizer, what is it even? some kind of mini-modular system? Does it have a sequencer? 

13 minutes ago, AstralSphinx said:

daaymn cool little synthesizer, what is it even? some kind of mini-modular system? Does it have a sequencer? 

Yeah it's like a Buchla Easel in eurorack format. Atonal sonic exploration. I have a bunch of standard synths (Pro 3, Moog Matriarch, DSI Rev 2 & Novation Summit) but want some experimental  stuff as well.

Arriving shortly is the Erica Synths Techno System & Fusion System II. 

Because I do music professionally I can claim a lot of tax back on these so it saves me a lot of money. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Currently it's Saturday night. Kids are settled & I'm now listening to some Goatwhore vinyl with a cup of my fav chamomile tea n' some quality olives and a book on Greek Mythology. Wifey is upstairs watching some romantic movie. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So today I lost my fkin' wallet...

... currently busy re-ordering all the cards and stuff - fortunately it's become a little easier to do it online, but damn this is shit

I feel completely naked without it...

3 hours ago, astralprojection said:

damn, that is the second worst thing that could happen, 1st being losing your phone - .-

No, the worst scenario is of course to lose your mind. ;) But that could be a possible outcome of losing the phone :D 

4 hours ago, astralprojection said:

not if its already lost :P

"Remember your name and address
And telephone number too
Then if some day you lose your way
You'll know just what to do

Walk up to that kind policeman
The very first one you meet
And simply say I've lost my way
I cannot find my street"

Infernal Machine - The Loin Sleeps Tonight

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tried to buy Youth & Gaudi's 2063: A Dub Odyssey EP after getting an "insider" message about 15 extra copies being found. I had missed it until now so this was good news.

I was on the Bandcamp page on the very minute it was made available. First the page didn't load. Then it took me half a minute to notice that the release appeared at the bottom of the catalogue page, out of sight. Then I typed one friendly sentence to the comment box. However, at the end of payment I suddenly got a "sorry, sold out" message. About five minutes had passed all in all.

Oh well, maybe some day, somehow. I just bugs me that I was both informed and prepared, yet not even that was enough. Races to buy gone a bit too far to my liking. :mellow:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, johnb820 said:

Currently listening to Salsa Celtica - El Camino from the library and I am immediately transported to another time and place earlier in the summer when I was getting nuked in Niagara Falls and people were dead, or so I thought.

I specifically went and found this post of mine to help myself. I wanted to explain the latter part about the nukes because I am really coming to a deeper understanding of what happened that I thought I might try to share my experience.

I was in fact in Niagara Falls, New York, June 2, 2020. Around 15:00 Eastern I was at the Niagara Falls airport and caught the 55 bus (which used to run to the airport). I sat on the lefthand side of the bus and we continued until about between 101st st. to about 76th st. along Niagara Falls Boulevard when I saw a missile launching into the air. It took me about 2 years but I figured out there is a nuclear missile silo on Grand Island in western new york which is undoubtedly where it came from.

Well, I saw it and started to get really sick on the bus. I got very very dizzy and nauseous and there was a really really really bright light outside the bus which forced me to close my eyes and look downward, my eyes shielded by the brim of my hat. I nearly passed out and I had no idea what was happening necessarily. I had a tape recorder with me with which I attempted to record my observations, but I could not keep up my strength. Finally we made it to the Portage Road Transit Center (I do not know how) where I managed to get off and the nausea and dizziness subsided.

Well, that is what I meant, but for historical record I felt the need to expand upon it.

If you are really curious, the United States of America pulled out of the Open Skies Treaty which allowed the participating nations to fly unarmed surveillance craft over each other on May 22, 2020. This was in the national news. Trump violated the treaty effectively and I suspect he launched nuclear weapons for the purposes of air defense.

I am really really sorry, but I suspect a great number of bad things happened as a result. I remember seeing full sets of clothes on the sidewalks around Buffalo and the houses appeared to have been around 15% occupied as I noticed the lights being off in most households around the city. I suspect I survived being under a metal roof, that being the bus I was on. They stopped keeping track of residential phone listings for this area in 2020. There might be so many people dead that no one could ever confirm died because they simply disappeared. I am not religious but there are some things that I do not know what to talk about.

Please forgive me and my country.

Oh right, there are a few more things I might mention. In early 2020, I was at the University at Buffalo north campus when I saw drones flying overhead spraying some sort of gas which fluoresced magenta. I learned in high school physics that this is commonly how one tests for nuclear radiation. Given certain types of gas, the radiation causes the gas to light up in a magenta or cyan color as there are isotopes in the atmosphere. This would explain how I saw green lightning in West Seneca and multicolored lightning in Hamburg, NY. Also, every summer we get to smell ozone in the lower atmosphere which is becoming quite a pollutant for people. Our food is largely irradiated I think as it burns my mouth up and the air is also irradiated which causes excess mucus in my nostrils amongst other things.

I don't know if it could be much worse, but.....

shit. I'm done.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just looking through some threads on here on my way home. Had to brush off some cobwebs. Shame this place has become so quiet, although I can't really speak as I've been absent a long time, I remember it being hard to keep up with all the chat back then 😂