What are you doing right now?

Insejn

Posting this on facebook.

"WTF??? No unnecessary use of the knobs, no hands on the air, no dancing around to keep her hands steady and LOOKING DOWN all the time? Could that be....mixing??? I've heard tales about that but I didn't believe it was true. More like a legend told by an older generation to frighten us youngsters. I thought playing one really long audio file, prepared and mixed back at home was the only way to properly mix.It's madness I tell you.
IDIOTS. You know who you are."

On 11/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, thanosp81 said:

What makes you think we are brilliant as a species? 

Matter of perspective. Being the only living organism that can not just imagine but create a collective imagination between us is pretty neat. Being able to create megastructures like society isn't a bad achievement either. Then you've got art, space travel, jokes, love, technology, ideologies. We have pretty much mapped every single road on planet earth, figured out how to live effectively together in large numbers (Although we lack the will power to do what is required). I'm in Australia talking to some one in The UK while listening to a saved video of a Vinyl only Jungle set & trying to convince some one in Germany not to give up.

As far as impressive species go there are Homo Sapiens and then there are Emperor Penguins. 

We are also terrible for not doing all the wonderful things we know how to do and instead treat each other poorly. We will certainly be the only ones responsible for our own demise. But at least we once got to live.

13 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

h other poorly. We will certainly be the only ones responsible for our own demise. But at least we once got to live.

Wouldn't that classify us an unintelligent? Are dolphins or chips or mice less intelligent than us?

We define intelligence by using a measuring stick that it's measuring limits are defined by our own, so it's not really a successful measuring device.

13 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

I'm in Australia talking to some one in The UK while listening to a saved video of a Vinyl only Jungle set

Wow, I was doing the same thing (although the other way around) talk about coincidence. :P

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

Wouldn't that classify us an unintelligent? Are dolphins or chips or mice less intelligent than us?

We define intelligence by using a measuring stick that it's measuring limits are defined by our own, so it's not really a successful measuring device.

I'd call that intelligence, even if our measuring stick is our own measuring stick, we still have a measuring stick. Dolphins, Chimps & Mice are all great, but they don't have the ability of collective consciousness. No out of space travel, excluding Bobo, no greek, roman, continental or asian philosophy. If it wasn't for our glaring flaws of wanting to piss on everything and start fires in our own backyard we would just about have it all. 

Gaia theory suggests that nothing that comes from nature can act in way that nature did not attend. Therefore it could be perfectly natural for us humans to destroy ourselves and most other things, we might have a finite timeline that no version of Sapiens can surpass past a point, Fermi's great filter. 

This contradicts my earlier point before that we are exquisite. Rather Gaia is exquisite and we are completely ordinary going about our human things with no relative awareness beyond what is desired by nature.

IDK

1 hour ago, Tsotsi said:

I'd call that intelligence, even if our measuring stick is our own measuring stick, we still have a measuring stick

He is overselling a bit but still, he can explain it much better than I :) 

8 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

He is overselling a bit but still, he can explain it much better than I :) 

The sentiment is there and he explains it so well. But I would say he is under selling the difference of 1% on an infinite scale. That 1% could be far grander than the phrase "Only 1% different" suggests. For example, our accomplishment as a species as well as our failures are far grander than 1% different to those of Chimps.

As far as we know, the chance of other life is only a mathematical probability devoid of evidence. I believe there most certainly is life out there, but I still think that as far as we know, we are as good as it gets and we should be kinda settled by that. 

9 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

To get things clear...THIS is a "Gaylord" 

Edit: Would be an awesome Vocal Part in a Darkpsy Track i belive...something like this one.

Well now I can stop hiding my conversations here from my LGBT friends. :P 

Have you tried mixing it into a track yourself?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I made a #HappyBirthdayPsynews.ORG birthday cake by sticking 20 burning candles onto a vinyl, which was a bad idea because I stained everything with liquid wax :D 
So now I 
am putting that LP in a freezer because I have read that 's a good way to remove wax stains...

At least the candles are removed and it all was done without anything catching fire :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

My present to Psynews for the 20 day of birthday....yeah now you can drink alcohol in europe and buy weed in Amsterdam. Good Luck.

You will be a strong and healthy warrior.

give pls some likes i need that.

Even if you dont like give a like....i needed one month to make this track and 3 min to do this video. 

I will give you points for digging up this video :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

My present to Psynews for the 20 day of birthday....yeah now you can drink alcohol in europe and buy weed in Amsterdam. Good Luck.

You will be a strong and healthy warrior.

give pls some likes i need that.

Even if you dont like give a like....i needed one month to make this track and 3 min to do this video. 

I genuinely like the track here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnb820 said:

I'm just hanging around the central library here in Buffalo, NY pinging domain names and smiling way too much. :)

You're in Buffalo? I was there 2 months ago for work. Best selection of dive bars I have ever seen. Great people around. Not a lot of work was done.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So once again I am just sitting here in the central library in downtown Buffalo contemplating my options. I managed to purchase a pair of headphones despite having little to no money so there's that going for me.

I really do begin to wonder what in god's name happened to the world. I am very lucky to be alive right now and yet I have so little left of my life. I don't know. I found a website that emulates a Linux environment with LMMS on it so I might fiddle with that or perhaps go get my bike repaired. Just another day living life in a sort of quasi twilight zone daze. At least I will know tonight will be a moon night almost guaranteed and that's always a good thing.

Did you know that over the late summer and early fall the moon was blocked out of view in North America and effectively hidden? The lack of moonlight caused the night sky to plunge into near total darkness and crops had their growth stunted. On a bus ride to Chicago, Illinois earlier this year I witnessed farmlands with 1 foot tall corn stalks in September.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently hogging some free wifi at a Target, trying to figure out how I can let people know I am still alive even though I am still homeless and still having problems with finances even though my tax returns came in and I have some money on hand for the time being.

Trying not vomit because we were supposed to head off in a dream family holiday to Europe in a week, and now we can't even find out what our options are for cancelling or rescheduling. 

Thousands of dollars potentially lost, and seriously if you look at all the stats the world has gone insane. 

12 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

Trying not vomit because we were supposed to head off in a dream family holiday to Europe in a week, and now we can't even find out what our options are for cancelling or rescheduling. 

Thousands of dollars potentially lost, and seriously if you look at all the stats the world has gone insane. 

Its pretty fucked. I feel for you guys. We have had a domestic comedy cruise in brisbane cancelled on us too.

I don't think govts have any idea what they are doing right now. Just blindly following each other, the cost of treating the sick can't possibly be greater than the cost of a world recession.

That's just incredibly shitty luck. I've had a couple of events and trips cancelled too but thanks to sheer luck, procrastination and finally caution, I hadn't paid a penny for them yet. Right now there's just the sudden, eerie emptiness in my schedules for the whole spring and maybe summer. (OK, also a thing or two with investments but let's not discuss that.)

It's totally fine and natural to feel frustrated (to put it very mildly). However, I'd also suggest not blaming anyone too much. Yes, poor decisions have been made here and there, but right now we don't have that many really good ones available either, because things are going pear shaped in general.

Some agencies and hotels have been generous with their rescheduling options so I can simply hope that at least something can be recouped that way. If you ever get a second chance, let's see what we can do. :)

17 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

5 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Its pretty fucked. I feel for you guys. We have had a domestic comedy cruise in brisbane cancelled on us too.

I don't think govts have any idea what they are doing right now. Just blindly following each other, the cost of treating the sick can't possibly be greater than the cost of a world recession.

dumb posts 

• Like 1