V/A - Erta Alé

Penzoline

I don't believe I've praised M-Run enough.

That pleiadean (All ufos in goa tracks are pleiadeans :P ) screech that comes at 7:22 is so immensely mind expanding and trance-inducing. Fucking insane. This is simply the best new school compilation out there. Beats everything post-2000. Every artist that contributed, I am grateful for your amazing efforts, you've given me such an experience. I could praise this VA endlessly.. :)

• 8 months later...

Properly my favorite compilation of 2011, well maybe on par with Mind Rewind, but that is not newly produced music I guess... and most definitely also one of my favorite new school compilations!

and I agree with M-Run, fucking amazing!

• 1 month later...

after hearing this from youtube clips

i find it good

favorites

M-Run Feat. DJ Inada – Kapala

M-Run – Goat Man

Subra – Nervous Machine

(Posted Image no i dont like much the vocal samples Posted Image )

for sure it will be at my future purchases

guys at Chronomi keep on going

waiting for the next one

I don't believe I've praised M-Run enough.

That pleiadean (All ufos in goa tracks are pleiadeans Posted Image ) screech that comes at 7:22 is so immensely mind expanding and trance-inducing. Fucking insane. This is simply the best new school compilation out there. Beats everything post-2000. Every artist that contributed, I am grateful for your amazing efforts, you've given me such an experience. I could praise this VA endlessly.. Posted Image

Properly my favorite compilation of 2011, well maybe on par with Mind Rewind, but that is not newly produced music I guess... and most definitely also one of my favorite new school compilations!

and I agree with M-Run, fucking amazing!

just spotted these reactions :)

M-run says "thank you" :)

he's working on his album: should be out this year - so hell yeah, it's not going to be the only track you'll be hearing from'm: and from those tracks I already have, they are even better! ;)

• 11 months later...

The more times I listen to this beast the more I'm convinced of it's elite status as a classic. Just track after track of pure brilliance. It's powerful, it's atmospheric, it makes you smile and move...you cannot ask for more than that. The 303 in an Expert on Humans? Magic. I'm throwing down the gauntlet right here with my next statement...

Kapala is the greatest new school goa trance track of all time.

It's an 11 minute sonic orgasm that he is going to spend the rest of his life trying to recreate (He did an awesome job on his album). Mysterious and masterfully produced it's a shock and awe awakening for all senses. If I could eat it I would. I can hear it and I can see the music. Smells delicious and I can definitely feel it. This is what I would point to if I were to attempt to introduce goa trance to the uninitiated.

Great job Cronomi, I cannot wait to see what's cooking in the kitchen for your next release.

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

The more times I listen to this beast the more I'm convinced of it's elite status as a classic. Just track after track of pure brilliance. It's powerful, it's atmospheric, it makes you smile and move...you cannot ask for more than that. The 303 in an Expert on Humans? Magic. I'm throwing down the gauntlet right here with my next statement...

Kapala is the greatest new school goa trance track of all time.

It's an 11 minute sonic orgasm that he is going to spend the rest of his life trying to recreate (He did an awesome job on his album). Mysterious and masterfully produced it's a shock and awe awakening for all senses. If I could eat it I would. I can hear it and I can see the music. Smells delicious and I can definitely feel it. This is what I would point to if I were to attempt to introduce goa trance to the uninitiated.

Great job Cronomi, I cannot wait to see what's cooking in the kitchen for your next release.

Mdk

Well thanks: the next compilation is on its way normally.Art work and mastering are in progress now.

Tracklist announced asap...

Well "kapala" was the 1st track m-run and I (dj inada) made tougheter, and it was so nice we continued (there are more in the make).I secretly hope to releasea full CD with him in the near future (thx for your nice comments, a good motivation to not give up).

• 1 year later...

just saying that "An Expert On Humans" has the kind of annoying sampling that alway turned me of Space Tribe & ruins what is otherwise a completely samazin track.

Would love this to be reissued minus the stupid samples. And it is so bad i will not apologise for callin it stupid. It really upsets me when quality music is ruined by poor sampling.

• 11 months later...

Artist: Various

Release: Erta Alé

Year: 2011

Label: Cronomi Records

Cat-#: CRONOMI005CD

Rating: 4/5

Tracklisting:

1) NK-47 - Snufkin Is Gone

2) Subra - Nervous Machine

3) Portamento - An Expert On Humans

4) M-Run Feat. DJ Inada - Kapala

5) Lapsus - Holocron

6) M-Run - Goat Man

7) GoaMech - Synthesized Not Yet

8) E-Mantra - Perihelion

9) New Born - We Are Nothing But Dust

This almost feels like 15 years back, a combination of goa and psychedelic trance. The good thing with this CD is that they certainly know where they are going and why.

While the intro track is a bit misplaced and outright boring the rest of the CD is smashing. I've not heard goa in such a way for quite a while. It is refreshing listenable and danceable, a versatile CD with a heavy focus on nostalgia.

The music is melodic and expansive and the ideas flows nicely creating an atmosphere that bubbles and soothe you in a most positive way.

• 1 year later...

Well, I can't share most folks' excitement about this CD. I usually don't like samples (at least extensive or over repeating ones) and some of the tracks are ruined by them (Expert on Humans, Holocron).

BUT the sample in Kapala is fkn hilarious and the track is great, my favourite here!

E-Mantra is good too (typical E-Mantra sound) and New Born is alright. The rest don't do for me; they're not bad tracks, just not my cup of tea. Some tracks lack focus which makes it hard for me to follow till the end and I lose interest. Especially Goat Man and Synthesized Not Yet, are too long and fail to grab my attention, no matter how many times I've listened to them.

Actually I like People Walk Funny much better!! (maybe I'm the only one)

Just my two cents.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Still the best compilation post 2000. Hands. Down.

Thanks (to all artists). I always dreamed making it a series, but we have too many complete albums ready to lauch.

Plus I actually never came across the same amount of the same quality: maybe when I collect for a few years: I'll try :)

I support the sentiment expressed upthread that Kapala is one of the best "new-school" goa tracks of all time. It's bouncy, cheeky, dynamic and psychedelic. Wonderful work.

Well, we made more, but still unrl. But they will come out, I hope next year or so: depends my other projects.

• 1 month later...

I support the sentiment expressed upthread that Kapala is one of the best "new-school" goa tracks of all time. It's bouncy, cheeky, dynamic and psychedelic. Wonderful work.

My neighbours wife, who never listened to goa trance (but heard me playing it in my living room from a far), asked for my music. Gave her this compilation and she adores it, and just like you, she is amazed by this track: on repeat in her car all the time - haha!!! :D life <3