1. Medsin (148 BPM)

2. World Beyond (148 BPM)

3. 28 Tweaks Later (148 BPM)

4. Concious (148 BPM)

5. Perspective (150 BPM)

6. Sex Cells (150 BPM)

7. Seventh Dimention (150 BPM)

8. Human Behaviour (150 BPM)

I'm a sucker for twilight music so when Basilisk put this up on his site I knew that I would get to it at some point. I've never heard of Kozvox but kudos to you guys for using a name that sounds like a name that already has a good following. Someone is putting that marketing degree to good use. The promo mentions their “consciously uplifting” approach to sound design.

Posted Image

What the f*ck does that mean?

Medsin- "Don't want to wait around for another half hour son cause I'll be f*cking you up."

Don't tease the British, they can't help it if they talk funny. Matrix-esque chopped up computer voices chatter above a very frisky bass line. It's nicely cold when the synth echoes its arpeggio high above the bass that can't seem to get enough.

"I need you to sort me out...you spilled my medicine."

Love that sample and the track ain't half bad son. It surely has its groove thing going on.

World Beyond- Lots of echoing and reverb in this one that really gets going around the 3 minute mark. Well, that's when the first melody I can detect appears. I didn't care for the stop and start after that which went on for a good 30 seconds. I got two words for you....flow killer. They recover nicely with some noisy clanking and banging that sounds like a plumber took 5 while working to express his inner Neil Peart. Don't know who that is? Drummer for Rush. I would've said Tommy Lee, but that guy hasn't drummed anything since Pamela Lee.

28 Tweaks Later- You know what needs tweaking? The bass preset. There are others you know. This has an ominous tone as the pads dictate, but it feels kind of empty and thin. I think they could've done so much more with this.

Concious- "When it was over all I could think about was how this entire notion of ones self, what we are...is..is just this logical structure.."

More great sample work and atmosphere is found here, they really are good at it. Was that a train whistle? Nice one. What wasn't so nice was the goofy Windows closing sound. Less is sometimes more. Meh, nothing to see here.

Perspective- From my perspective, you guys are still using the same bass line. This is the definition of an empty track. There's still 6 minutes to go? Jeez, it just goes in circles...

Posted Image

Sex Cells- This song was very boring and the end is so incredibly annoying I thought I would post something that sex is trying to sell me.

Posted Image

I could use another exercise ball...

Posted Image

No question, I could use...umm, whatever the f*ck this thing is.

Posted Image

And here I need...ah,...what I could use is some...that's just an excuse to look at some nice cans.

Seventh Dimention- This is a pounding darkpsy tune. Wait, I think I've heard this bass line before. C'mon guys. And the buildup...The track is surely "dimented" but far from thrilling.

Human Behaviour- "First of all the word corruption is a monetary invention."

Wait for it...wait for it...SAME BASS LINE! Really frustrating. And disturbing. But not as disturbing as this

Posted Image

These guys are good with samples. They know when to use them and how to apply effects to them so they never sound tired. However besides that point, the whole thing sounds rather thin. Not a whole lot of variety, I mean the same bass line is present in every track. That cannot happen people. I think this may suit the tech-trance crowd than the ravenous twilight audience. Some more melodies would've been nice also. I would skip this as they have a long way to go.

Ektoplazm

Mdk

• 3 months later...

Very nice reply, T2MU. Keep up the good work - your reviews add a hell of a lot to this place and I don't know how you find the time to write them all.

+1

Afterall it's all matter of taste and I'm sure that there is a lot of people who like this release and hopefully someone will post some reviews aswell.

that retro .gif is just awesome! what a strong man huhha!

regardless of the names etc discussion, i think the music is pretty boring and repetitive, especially when it comes to using the same sounds and basslines over and over again, but it has a cool hang to it sometimes.

the track with the windows sample getting repeated over and over again is also very weird/funny :P i'd rate it no more than 5/10 of ten though which is bad