Elysium – Various Works

Posted Image

Various Works is a collection of singles, compilation appearances, and unreleased tracks by Elysium (Kristian Thinning Andersen), an electronic music pioneer from Denmark. Featuring music written between 1994 and 2005, this release clocks in at nearly four hours of air time, offering an expansive overview of Elysium's distinctly tribal approach to trance and downtempo.

http://www.ektoplazm...m-various-works

It seems that your promotion propaganda is best :D

I am not sure it's best as the effort haven't really generated any gigs the last two years. Of course the feedback is very nice too. But at times I can't stop wondering what it would be like if those many people all put 1/2 dollar in the pool :)

Till date I have had approx. 50-60.000 unique downloads of all my old music (all projects) both from my previous own site and now from Ektoplazm. Imagine if they spend just 0.5 dollar as a thank you ;)

• 1 month later...

Sounds great!

And how about these:

http://www.discogs.com/label/Not+On+Label+(Kris+Andersen+Self-released) ?

Except the last one in that list of course, particularly:

Kailash Higher E.P. (EP)

Kaaya Braindance / Ormazd

Kaaya Circular Sanctuary

Elysium The Light

These are REALLY good!!

Any information about the plans to make a release on Ektoplazm..? Or what should I do with my files...? :-]

PS. Also great that this one is finally released: Elysium - Wind Of Dust (Elysium & MOS Remix)

Sounds great!

And how about these:

http://www.discogs.c...+Self-released) ?

Except the last one in that list of course, particularly:

Kailash Higher E.P. (EP)

Kaaya Braindance / Ormazd

Kaaya Circular Sanctuary

Elysium The Light

These are REALLY good!!

Any information about the plans to make a release on Ektoplazm..? Or what should I do with my files...? :-]

PS. Also great that this one is finally released: Elysium - Wind Of Dust (Elysium & MOS Remix)

"The Light" wont be released for free as I do not hold the 100% copyright on that one (Avatar Records hold some of it too):

And the other tunes are not mine alone. I made them with other people so I wont release them on Ektoplazm at the moment. I might talk to them at one point and see if they are up for a free release. But at the time I am a bit too busy with other music projects :)

Then, just curious how has your attitude towards copyright holding changed as previously, you was giving them away with no probs together with many other even `contemporary` tracks!?

To mention, all Kaaya`s tracks are available trough 3 compilations from Dragonfly records via junodownload.com (and maybe others of course) and Kailash`s Higher (original) and Mystery Brain is available via Matsuri`s compilation.

Another question: would you get the penny from those `digital downloads`?

Then, just curious how has your attitude towards copyright holding changed as previously, you was giving them away with no probs together with many other even `contemporary` tracks!?

To mention, all Kaaya`s tracks are available trough 3 compilations from Dragonfly records via junodownload.com (and maybe others of course) and Kailash`s Higher (original) and Mystery Brain is available via Matsuri`s compilation.

Another question: would you get the penny from those `digital downloads`?

My "attitude" is that since I get no royalties (haven't seen royalties for these tunes since 1999) I have no problem giving them away for free. The reason why they are no longer on my website is that I have stopped paying to yousendit caused by their boycott of Wikileaks. I havent had time to re-uplaod the tunes on another service and also wanted the artists I have made these tunes with to give me a "go ahead" (so they too could get some promotion out of it) to release them for free on example Ektoplazm. But I haven't heard back from them yet.

These tunes are so old that I see no reason why not give them away for free. So sooner or later they will appear for free again either on Ektoplazm or via SoundCloud.

Ok, now I understand completely and have absolutely no a single more question to ask about this!

Thanks for such a comprehensive explanation :)

PS. Also, it is somewhat interesting and very strange to me this thing about royalties as these tracks are being sold up to now by 2 different labels, which I would say are both a major ones.

Edited by deepXcode

So what are your other music projects?

I'm working on a downbeat/electronica album with an amazing female vocalist. A bit in the direction of Massive Attack. And then I am working on Tech House.