Die Antwoord

psytones

Cooment from Youtube:

ninja is a comedic genius... i love all the pre-meditated little subtle details like the programmed weed plant right next to him, underwear flashes and the chicks little rat... and how the place loooks like a complete fucking dumb to highlight their gritty existence... lmao.... this is pure comedy.

Much love*

this might have already been discussed in another topic;)

Might? miGHT have been discussed?? MIGHT??? .. And wink ?????

Obviously it has been both posten and barely discussed in that thread.

Sorry for not noticing, thanks for the headz-up ;) <- wink.

PS. Now concider this to be the authentic official mega massive total appreciate Die Antwoord thread.

Sorry to step on your cake.

hehe well that afrikaans accent cracks me up everytime :)

BTW their rapping skills aren't any worse than 50 Cents or Eminem's IMHO...

and the Pink floyd undies are totally cool (still searching for some to buy lol)

• 5 weeks later...

I understand Afrikaans perfectly. They grew up a couple of miles from my home town.

I can honestly say, they are fucking geniuses. If you understand what they are saying, it is FUCKING funny. Really good lyrics.

(Proper) Cape Town slang involves a mixture of about 3 languages. English, Afrikaans and a bit of Xhosa. You can even create your own words from scratch, link words together to make totally new words etc. These guys are amazing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hahaha they're back!

Well, you have to admit they're not affraid of trying out new things (old hoover sound used in a "modern" melody, genious!!) IMO they deserve their place on the "normal" dance scene, it's not just a joke anymore (almost 15 million views!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw

and DON'T watch this if you're high!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-wpS49KN00&feature=relmfu

Something about them really fucks me up... I love it but it makes me dysfunctional...

I need to be functional today, so resisted listening to the tracks in the thread...

Those new videos are just horrible.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sweet dreams.

Something about them really fucks me up... I love it but it makes me dysfunctional...

I need to be functional today, so resisted listening to the tracks in the thread...

yep, that's what I like about them, if you don't pay attention it's just another pop track but once you notice the details you realize they're totally demented. Their new album cover is quite disturbing as well:

Posted Image

Just read on da Izratrans that the guy who maka da beatz, whatta his name again. He makes Psytrance, and he is the brother of Artifakt .. wicked Posted Image

TRUE!!! I actually dismissed this as a myth but decided to check it out now that my interest in the group has been resparked. DJ Hi-Tek's real name is Just De Nobrega and his is Matthew De Nobrega's brother (who is Artifakt). He also has a more underground chill-out project as Seven Ark:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-4po-P2KWs

and his newest project: