Title: One Mystery Left

Label: Space Baby Records

Date: February, 2011

1. One Mystery Left

2. Galaxy Rider

3. The Finest Day

4. Can't Stop Dreaming

5. Time To Change

Holy crap the Germans are coming and they brought some pussy!

Posted Image

I don't think these are the same guys.

As my poverty continues I found this at our good friend Ektoplazm. Synergic is Torgen Anton & Benjamin Neiss and this is their debut EP. Since I'm poor I've been diggin into the Ektoplazm vault and have found some very good stuff. If you're one of those who thinks free music sucks than you haven't been paying attention. This is a gem that crosses a lot of genre boundaries. The production is top notch and exact as only the Germans can do.

One Mystery Left- The first two minutes weren't very memorable, but the track began to build in scope. Sounds were combined and layers were added. The bass lines these guys use have a very techno feel, which give their tracks more pop. Every now and then there are some goa flashes, but they don't last long. If they're there at all. I might be imagining everything. The other day I was driving and a motherf*cking rainbow almost hit my car!

Posted Image

Galaxy Rider- Oh f*ck the alarm horn...please don't.

Aside from that cliche, this was also impressive. These two Germans layer sounds very effectively keeping the ear occupied. When they slow the beat down, it loses none of it's psy atmosphere. Hell it intensifies. Still, out of all the tracks I think this was the weakest. And by weak I mean not as awesome, so use that in your comparison.

The Finest Day- Boom! That kick and bass together can rattle some windows baby! Set your phasers to funky as this groove is dirty like a Lindsay Lohan papsmear. Wow, that was too vivid even for me. The progressive bounce thunders along as the bass line rumbles. At the end, the synth wail makes it for me. This is a track that if you heard it at a club it would seem to go on for hours, but if you were able to peer through your top shelf liquor haze you wouldn't care. You know you're a baller! Super track guys!

Can't Stop Dreaming- Bring that beat back!

Posted Image

They're making fun of you Tom...stop it.

It's like getting funky underwater. Churning synths with interesting breaks that fill the air are everywhere. This is where this project excels if you want my 2 cents. Even if you don't. Warm and nurturing is the sound here, as those pads wrap around you like a fleece blanket but the funky beats let you know that you're still camping. Funky good times!

Time To Change- Packing a big beat and a bass line that knows where it's going this track is nice. There is a futuristic and cold feel to it, as melancholy strings wail in the distance. With it's moderate tempo and choir chants I feel like I popped in an old Enigma disc. Enigma wasn't that long ago was it? Creeping along in the dark the final break was a sweet treat. Great track!

I really liked this EP. It's rated very highly on Ekto and now I see why. Psytrance, progressive, downtempo, breakbeat...something for all here. Awesome job gentlemen!

Download ici

Mdk

• 7 months later...