Artist: Oberon

Title: Sacred Chants For Universe EP

Label: Neurotrance Records

Date: February, 2011

1. Pray For Dawn (145 BPM)

2. Time Expander (145 BPM)

3. Crystal Formations (Remix) (145 BPM)

4. Earth II (84 BPM)

5. Eternal Universe (Odyssey Mix) (85 BPM)

Posted Image

I got's no monies. None. Like a dumbass, I tried to move my wife's car and instead of waiting for the snow to completely melt, it slid slowly, ever slow slowly into a tree at about 1 mile an hour. Total damage:

Posted Image

$1500. That's right, I said 1500. Sure I have insurance, but there is a $500 deductible which I have to pay before they cut me a check. I asked my wife if she wanted me to f*ck anything else up on her car before I submitted the claim.

Point is, I got's no monies. Therefore I'm visiting Ektoplazm more frequently for my musical fix. Doesn't cost me a thing. That's not a knock on Basilisk's site. Not at all. For those of you who think that free music sucks, get your head out of your ass and check out what he's doing over there. I swear some labels need to take a closer look at what they are releasing and maybe re-evaluate.

Anyway, this is Stathis Tsitsiliagkos (If you put a gun to my wife's head and told me to save her I would have to spell or pronounce his name correctly, well...widower party table for one!) and he has released some other EP's for free at Ektoplazm. This is a mixture of full-on and goa flavor with an added bonus of 2 downtempo tracks. Awesome.

Pray For Dawn- Now that is a long chant! Some kind of Shiva something or other. It's mystical for sure but it isn't until the 4 and a half minute mark that the goa starts to show it's colors. The break is nice as hell, as a wavering synth chimes in as the chant continues. Not a lot of evolution but it is fairly hypnotic. Good work.

Time Expander- Nice atmosphere in this one. Effects bounce all over the place as smooth pads hum over the bass line. Layers and lasers dot this track really giving it a lush sound. The groove is also high making this quite a complete psytrance track. Great track!

Crystal Formations (Remix)- This is like walking through a cavernous space station by yourself. Echoes above a nice bass line, but to me it's a rather boring track. Moving on.

Earth II- Now onto the downtempo portion of the program. Jungle sounds until a nice trip-hop beat bangs over a sharp bass line. Piano riffs echo amidst some wailing synths. Nice, but a little thin.

Posted Image

Eternal Universe (Odyssey Mix)- Now this is what I'm talkin' about! Very spacey with echoing, eerie synths and skitterings like cockroaches with the light on. The bass sounds a little distorted, but I like how the whole track is set up. Groovy with a watch your back vibe. Nice touch at the end. You'll see what I mean. Very nice; with a little better production this one could've been a cracker.

Nice little EP by the Greek. The promo pretty much nailed it, if you can believe that. Nothing groundbreaking but an enjoyable listen.

Ektoplazm Download

Mdk