Melicia sounds promising...

Guest kingdok

...what little I've heard, anyway. It's nice to see someone take an oft-heard style and make it their own via thoughtful production and fresh ideas.

His contribution to X-Wave II is especially nice. 'Will be buying the full-length for sure...

'Just had to say something positive after bashing Viktan's album.

Guest kingdok

Ooops...my bad...The Broken Engine just posted about this. Sorry for the redundancy! (At least we were on the same page, eh?)

Guest Jalliuz

It does sound nice, but could be an album from Dynamic, Eskimo, Cyber Cartel, Space buddha, Psydrop or Intergalactic,... Like anybody would know the difference... Where is the intellect these days? Can these fresh artists please go there OWN way instead of doing something that has been done 10 times before?

PLEASE! I'm begging you! Be yourself in music. Don't go with the flow!

Guest Jalliuz

If you just change these cheap overdone basslines it would be a giant step in the good way! Just get rid of this clubby commercial sound.

Guest mijis

just listened Melicia and its the same fucking bassline , the only thing that changes is that the samples are more house influenced , making melicia the most commercial israely full on act ever .

I love how this thread started so excitedly optimistic and fizzled into a puddle of gloom.

"Thoughtful production and fresh ideas."

"Kicks ass!"

"I love it!"

"I like it."

"It's okay, but sounds a lot like others."

"It's the most commercial Israeli ever."

"The most pathetic release of the year."

"Blatant, uncomprimised crap."

Strange, but enjoyable. :)

Mmm... to me Melicia does not sound promising at all.

However, I don't understand why Mijis hates Fatali so much. True it uses the full on baseline, but it isn't the usual brand of frantic dance floor madness that Melicia is trying to copy. In parts, Fatali reminds me a bit of Cosma actually, though not as good. Eh, to each their own I guess.

Interestingly, on Isratrance, there are many positive reviews of Melicia as well many positive reviews of albums that I see slagged here on Psynews. Perhaps people feel more free to speak their mind on this forum?

I thought melicia album was damn good. The only gripes I have is that he sounds way too close to astrix. Thus, like many of you claim, he doesn't have his own style. But then again, he just started. You never know in the future though, he just might change his style.

I must disagree. I don't think Melicia sounds like Astrix at all. Yes they both use the full-on baseline and the full-on pounding beats, but Astrix is slower, waaaaaay groovier, less noisey/busy, and just plain more creative. Melicia sounds like your average, modern day, really fast, generic full-on psy. It may be inspired by a !style! that is !like! Astrix but it is NOT Astrix.