Format: CD

Style: Newschool goa trance / Nitzhogoa

Samples: Here

Posted Image

Higher resolution: Here

Tracklist:

01: Asteroidal Dust (2:45)

02: Do It Now (9:52)

03: Hallucinating (feat. Agneton) (8:01)

04: Evolution Of Mutation (7:35)

05: Inner Mind (7:49)

06: Psychedelic Dilemma (11:12)

07: Agressor (10:14)

08: Tragic Kingdom (8:55)

09: Origin Of Life (7:32)

First of all this is my first review here and I think it's first on english. Boris Huškić is a young and talented producer from Norway and also co-manager of Sita Records, alongside with Elias Gits (Agneton) from Belgium. Sita Records is well known to people who are into newschool stuff as label which is specialized in nitzhogoa sub-genre. So far they released two compilations - Nitzhogoa! and Protozoa, and their third release is debut album from Goalien - Psychedelic Dilemma.

I will not analyze track-by-track I'll just mention my favorites and nice moments on this album, so lets start with cover artwork - It's pure win, it reflects Boris approach to music and oriental melodies. Three great pyramids of Giza (I guess) with some blue ray from the top of middle pyramid - probably some alien/supernatural phenomenon here :) It reminds a lot on Stargate (which is probably my favorite SF franchise).

Album opener - Asteroidal Dust is nice three minute intro with downtempo beat and fine melodies at the end, pretty nice opener if you ask me. After that first WOW of this album - Do It Now, track full of beautiful ''oriental'' melodies and heavy riffs in background. I'm not huge fan of nitzhogoa style but I'm sure that people who dig this sub-genre will love this ''10 minute anthem''. Second WOW of this album is colaboration track with Agneton - Hallucinating and when I first heard this track I knew it it will be on my playlist a lot of time. Great build ups, very nice story telling and huuuge bursts of pure energy, and yeah, Nitzhogoa is about energy. Awesome job Elias and Boris!

Third WOW of this album is - Agressor. I've heard some previews of this tracks way back in 2010. and I love it. It's pure Goalien style, highly melodic and powerful, it reminds me on The Solar System track which is probably my favorite Goalien track ever. Other tracks on this album are also good but as I said earlier I'll mention only tracks that I really really liked.

2011. started super, guys from Sita Records are improving and this album is probably one of the best Nitzhogoa efforts so far and we all know that besides Agneton and Perisistent Aura, Goalien is guy who know how to make good nitzho, so my congrats to Sita and Boris on this very very nice album, you guys are doing a great job, keep up. If you love highly melodic (nizho)goa trance, powerful beats, oriental melodies get this gem.

You can buy this album at: Psyshop | Beatspace

Yes! Finally we have a review! Greetings to you, Richpa, well done! I also want to congratulate Boris with a long-awaited debut! I really like it and I think GOALIEN has the true spirit of Goa.

But you know, I've read on different psytrance forums various comments about this album, that really shocks me. There are "experts" and "gurus" who write: "this is not a psychedelic, it's a boring piece of crap"!

I know what they mean: this is not a psychedelic, because this is nitzhonot and TOO easy-listening!

Bastards! I feel vomit when reading such replies! :angry::(

But anyway, album have a tons of very positive replies, and I follow them!!! :clapping:

P.s.

Richpa, may I ask a question? Maybe I`ve missing some information, but tell me, what about upcoming "Pantheon"? It will be goa style, or not?

Thanks!!!

Украинский братko, в этом форуме Я пишу только на английском языке, чтобы другие могли понять ;)

PS. He said he made double post but on russian, moderator should delete it.

P.s.

Richpa, may I ask a question? Maybe I`ve missing some information, but tell me, what about upcoming "Pantheon"? It will be goa style, or not?

Thanks!!!

Hey man glad you like the review, speaking of Pantheon, here is a topic and I answered there so that we don't make offtopic here.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/60321-va-pantheon-february-2011/page__view__findpost__p__970031

Украинский братko, в этом форуме Я пишу только на английском языке, чтобы другие могли понять ;)

PS. He said he made double post but on russian, moderator should delete it.

Thanks Imba, I Understand!

Very glad to see you in a good health, you`re looks very pretty on this photo :D

But you know, I've read on different psytrance forums various comments about this album, that really shocks me. There are "experts" and "gurus" who write: "this is not a psychedelic, it's a boring piece of crap"!

I know what they mean: this is not a psychedelic, because this is nitzhonot and TOO easy-listening!

Bastards! I feel vomit when reading such replies! :angry::( !

That's typical, don't mind those guys. Thanks for the review, Richpa! I'm really really happy with this album :)...I remember discovering Boris' music on myspace years ago, ah...and finally the day has come we can enjoy a full-lenght album of him!

I've read on different psytrance forums various comments about this album, that really shocks me. There are "experts" and "gurus" who write: "this is not a psychedelic, it's a boring piece of crap"!

Bastards! I feel vomit when reading such replies! :angry::(

That's typical, don't mind those guys.

That's called having a different opinion and taste than yours ;)

Different opinion isn't when someone says: It's a boring piece of crap.

Different opinion is when someone says: Well I don't like this release, I don't find it very psychedelic and It's not my cup of tea.

;)

Thanx for the great review Richpa! :) And thanx to all the ppl who appreciate the album. I really don't mind critisizm, at all! it acutally helps us as artists to even make better stuff for u guys to listen to. But useless critisizm like the stuff the "goa gods" or "gurus" or what ever, isnt really usable. We all capture feelings from music individually, we dont need a guy or "guru" to tell us what we should listen to or not.. i mean, how do u even become one? :P (Do u actually have to take a trip to mars before u even can talk about it?)... talk about whipeing ur ass before poopin hihi :)

Not mad, just wanted to get to the point :P:D

Well if someone think it's a piece of crap its their right. No need to go bonkers over it. You guys need to learn to take criticism and stop being so sensitive toward the kind of music you like. I am sure many of you have listened to music you also find to be a piece of crap and probably also said so ;)

I do not have a personal opinion as I did not listen to the music. But believe me I have had my share of people calling my music crap. And I am OK with it. After all you cant expect everyone to share taste with you :)

As i wrote at the end of my message:(Not mad, just wanted to get to the point)so i am not going bonkers over it, hehe. And also wrote that i like critisizm, (helps the music) so thats out of the question. but useless critisizm was the question here. And not critisizm in general :P (but i agree! if they dont like it, they dont hehe, but we're grown ups, not 12 years old anymore) Constructive critisizm thank u :)

Well, it seems I must speak out, because my message is not being overlooked.

1. Goalien`s music is really specific and I agree that many people did not take this"cup of tea".

2. I know about different tastes, and respect every opinion, but not rudeness! And statements like "this music is a boring crap" - the typical rudeness and nothing more. And this is in no way a criticism, I must apologize. I just had this in mind, making my post. ;)

3. I must confess, I was too emotional, and made inappropriate expressions in my post. :(

4. I always shocked by all negative and brutal words that people say to each other, without considering the consequences (not only discussing music, hehe). Let`s spread love and peace everywhere!!!

P.S. I am not a hippie. And sorry for my English.

good music

lately i was inspired by some artists that make this kind of goa

my next album will have a Nitzhogoa track

Peace

waw that makes me curious! Looking forward to it ;)

good music

Peace

That's great news!!!! :) Artists like you might help debunk the big prejuidices against this music! Respect!!!

That's great news!!!! :) Artists like you might help debunk the big prejuidices against this music! Respect!!!

+1

Good luck than to Emmanuel with this new approach, Im sure that he'll release some nice ''atmospheric'' nitzhogoa too ;)

good music

Peace

This is just fantastic news!!!

You've got my full support. :)

& Boris, you already know I love the album. :) Certainly recommended!!